PDA

View Full Version : carb fuel?

MWAKU
08-07-2008, 10:59 PM
just wanted to know, what fuel is good for carby

since carb are gay and have startup issues sometimes, and the richer the petrol, the easier it to start.. but i don't want it running too rich =\

also, this is pretty noob, 2000,8000, E10, what octane rating are they? and like 98RON=8000 or what :o:o:o

btw how much is a full tank usually? i've never filled it up from absolute empty.. and whats average kms for a full tank?

trism
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
the richer the petrol?

rich refers to the mixture of air/fuel, not the fuel alone.

thee type of fuel will not affect the carb.

cristian
09-07-2008, 02:02 AM
carbies aren't as easy to start specially on cold weather...the choke mechanism basically does the mechanical job for u...

when it was stock i'd get around 400km's,
when i added bosch spark plugs and leads, i would get 480kms' 500 if im lucky...
now that i've got headers, and 2.25 cat back and an open filter i get around 440km's out of it

the keihin carbies have a needle to change fuel/air ratio, but id suggest u take it to a mechanic that can tune dual carbies to make sure they're balanced

NVD52K
09-07-2008, 01:13 PM
i have one i only get like 350k's but thats high way k's how come you guys get so much more? its always serviced aswell

MWAKU
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone what fuel you usually fill up with?

Yeah, my choke didn't work on my old carb, had to get a 'new' 2nd hand one installed.. -_-.

when i added bosch spark plugs and leads, i would get 480kms' 500 if im lucky...
now that i've got headers, and 2.25 cat back and an open filter i get around 440km's out of it

so how much were the spark plugs + leads?
headers? 2.25", open filter? so reduces you're petrol consumption? more power?
i've got a 2" tip, seems to reduce my petrol consumption a lot too =\

and by open filter.. what you mean, you installed the bike filters or something and removed the lid off the carby?

Joel The Mole
09-07-2008, 10:20 PM
ive got a 86 carby civic. i run optimax 98 and get 600kms+ out of a 35l tank. highway and city driving. i have gone to byron bay and back on one tank.

to get it to start in the morning. i pump the gas pedal 10 times, starts first go.

MWAKU
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah i do the same at start, and plus turn on A/C.. seems to work..
how much does it cost 4 you to fill up?

cristian
10-07-2008, 12:16 AM
so how much were the spark plugs + leads?
headers? 2.25", open filter? so reduces you're petrol consumption? more power?
i've got a 2" tip, seems to reduce my petrol consumption a lot too =\

the leads cost me about 80 bucks, and the plugs...around about the same...i bought'em from rocco's

and by open filter.. what you mean, you installed the bike filters or something and removed the lid off the carby?

i cut the lid on the airbox where the filter sits...
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/god5peed/Image499.jpg
then i eventually cut the lower part of the box so it can breathe from all angles instead of the one side where the intake hose sits...

it helps it breathe better, it didnt help with economy but it feels like it wants to rev more...plus it sounds nice :D

Joel The Mole
11-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah i do the same at start, and plus turn on A/C.. seems to work..
how much does it cost 4 you to fill up?

bout 60-65 of premium

MWAKU
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
thanks thnks..

so about cutting the carb thing..

you just basically cut where the airfilter sits right? just so it doesn't just breathe through that one pipe?

so it would breathe whre u cut and the pipe?

cristian
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
thanks thnks..

so about cutting the carb thing..

you just basically cut where the airfilter sits right? just so it doesn't just breathe through that one pipe?

so it would breathe whre u cut and the pipe?

thats it...

basically is breathes from all angles of the exposed filter...

carbies were designed to do that...