PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with breeze b18c swap

dumped echo
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey guys,

Trying to do a swap and i'm really confused about the wiring.
Should i take the whole harness from under the dash and in the engine bay of the teg, and stick it into the civic? Would it work? I assume i'd have to change plugs and other things?

Where should i wire the fuel pump to?
Since i have a breeze there's no fuel pump wires. I'd have to run my own wires somewhere to the fuse box or a relay right?

Thanks for any help.

thaizeg
09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30312
have a read.. may be helpful..

dumped echo
09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah i've read that many times, but that is into an already fuel injected civic.
I THINK there's more to the wiring in a breeze...
someone correct me though....
Just looking at all the wires on the passenger side footwell of the breeze, compared to all the wiring in a teg, there seems to be a lot more to it than just adding the vtec and pressure switch wires and matching up some others

thaizeg
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
which b18c?
where bouts u located?

CRXer
09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
swapping the harnesses although time consuming,makes for a nice neat reliable install,yes there will be a coupla different plugs,i think associated with the dash wiring.

fuel pump just gets wired straight to the main relay(or whatever relay setuop u use) which u will be adding so that the ecu can operate its relatively high current draw effectively,also just grounded to the chassis.

dumped echo
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
just splice it onto a power wire coming from the main relay?

CRXer
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
just splice it onto a power wire coming from the main relay?

so i assume u are going to use a proper honda main relay?

the main relay has a dedicated terminal for the fuel pump,one of the 2 relays inside the main relay is dedicated to the fuel pump.