PDA

View Full Version : Front Spring rubbing shock?

fletty
10-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey everyone, im new to these forums, i only just picked myself up a honda civic. its a bit of a change as i used to own a commodore lol

anyway, i have only had the car for a week, and came across this problem, the front right hand spring is rubbing on my shock absorber? I got the car from a dealer, drove it back from sydney and it was quite, but it slowly started to make a squeeking noise from the front right, so i had a look under neath and my shock is getting worn down from my spring rubbing against it.

it looked like the had just put grease there to stop it from squeeking, i just put some more there to stop the noise for now but it still doesnt fix the problem obviously. But it is only happening on this side? Is my spring not sitting correct?

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers nathan

vinnY
10-07-2008, 08:46 PM
lowered at all mate? spring might be too short to stay captive and jump out of place

take a pic if you can :)

SiReal
11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
has this been modified? could be an incorrect spring for your car (i.e. different diameters etc)

fletty
11-07-2008, 06:03 PM
here is a photo, i took it to a suspension place in town today and the told me the spring is just not sitting correctly?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/fletty_69/11072008101.jpg

vinnY
11-07-2008, 06:12 PM
uh thats no good..
either incorrect spring has been used or there's some sort of suspension damage(somethings very bent)
looks like a stock spring/shock so it should be captive
and i'm not sure whether thats grease or oil leaking from the shocks..
anyone know whether the stock shocks were gas or oil filled?

either way not good mate.. best to get it replaced asap
where are you located? i'm sure some members are able to help you

EGJOE
11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
OMG :eek: man your strut must be bent. I've worked on heaps of suspension never seen anything that bad. Can you get pic of whole strut from top to bottom or at least where the spring seats at the bottom?