PDA

View Full Version : FN2R trims and parts?

SaiHayashi
10-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi guys im thinking of getting a CTR (after my mini being smashed by an EK9). i was flipping thru the accessories brouchure, but i dont see a real differences with trims on... so anyone can send me a pic of standard bumpers with trims.

BTW how does the ambient light make a difference?

on a side note,
im thinking to get a black with the following options:
- ambient lighting
- allround trims
- carpets
- emblem set
and if the ipod kit works on iphone, i might fight for free

think i can get for 39 grands? or have ur say plz (hope this dont violate the rule man)

Entity_004
11-07-2008, 10:06 AM
hey.. i got mine a month ago for $42 flat.. got emblem set lock nuts, window tint, mats included in that price. Paid extra for the Front skirt ($900) I got the milano red and the front skirt really stands out on the red.. I didnt get the trim, dont think its worth it... but if u getting a good deal then why not... hope that helps...

SaiHayashi
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
hey.. i got mine a month ago for $42 flat.. got emblem set lock nuts, window tint, mats included in that price. Paid extra for the Front skirt ($900) I got the milano red and the front skirt really stands out on the red.. I didnt get the trim, dont think its worth it... but if u getting a good deal then why not... hope that helps...

yeah if i were to get a red ill definitely get the front bumper, but id be fine too in black standard, lol i guess ur right too about the trims, i try make him give out for free xD.

luoldeng
11-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi guys im thinking of getting a CTR (after my mini being smashed by an EK9). i was flipping thru the accessories brouchure, but i dont see a real differences with trims on... so anyone can send me a pic of standard bumpers with trims.

BTW how does the ambient light make a difference?

on a side note,
im thinking to get a black with the following options:
- ambient lighting
- allround trims
- carpets
- emblem set
and if the ipod kit works on iphone, i might fight for free

think i can get for 39 grands? or have ur say plz (hope this dont violate the rule man)

I got my CTR for $42K including

type r emblem
accent lights
window tint
bluetooth kit
matts
front kit

I recommended the front kit more than the rear. The kit really stands out on the red and makes it more tougher, and with the door trims don't bother it makes the CTR look like those old cars with plastic trim molding.

If you can haggle good than maybe $40-$42K at best, I was quoted $39K flat but only matt and emblems.

SaiHayashi
11-07-2008, 11:48 PM
I got my CTR for $42K including

type r emblem
accent lights
window tint
bluetooth kit
matts
front kit

I recommended the front kit more than the rear. The kit really stands out on the red and makes it more tougher, and with the door trims don't bother it makes the CTR look like those old cars with plastic trim molding.

If you can haggle good than maybe $40-$42K at best, I was quoted $39K flat but only matt and emblems.
just too bad i cant choose red for personal reason:(, but y not the rear? u dont like it?

btw i just talked to my local dealer today, and he'd been smart to make sure i test drive it before quoting me, how much off do u guys think local discount would be?

luoldeng
12-07-2008, 12:46 AM
just too bad i cant choose red for personal reason:(, but y not the rear? u dont like it?

btw i just talked to my local dealer today, and he'd been smart to make sure i test drive it before quoting me, how much off do u guys think local discount would be?

Have you seen those Holdens with the rear black bumper? kinda looks like them, it just doesn't suit the car. However personal preference I guess.

The red skirt looks great on a red and black however haven't seen it on a silver.

This is mine below...

SaiHayashi
12-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Have you seen those Holdens with the rear black bumper? kinda looks like them, it just doesn't suit the car. However personal preference I guess.

The red skirt looks great on a red and black however haven't seen it on a silver.

This is mine below...
yea i get u now, so i dont need to worry abt the rear kit.
good on u having the front kit.
and i found this wheel on other forum with powder coated rims
just asked the dealer to check wts going on there.
anyone actually seen something like that lying around?
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o196/just-206/IMG_0180.jpg

luoldeng
12-07-2008, 10:38 AM
yea i get u now, so i dont need to worry abt the rear kit.
good on u having the front kit.
and i found this wheel on other forum with powder coated rims
just asked the dealer to check wts going on there.
anyone actually seen something like that lying around?
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o196/just-206/IMG_0180.jpg

usually powder coated rims are done outside not through Honda because that wouldn't be Honda genuine parts haha

so any luck yet with your CTR?

bodaas
12-07-2008, 12:26 PM
no way you would get 39k, even 40k i doubt it with all that option

unless second 2nd near new

do u know how much for jus the trim?

SaiHayashi
13-07-2008, 05:33 PM
luoldeng: yeah gona try either monday or tuesday, the salesman only work weekdays. btw CTR dont come with AUX input jack do they? and anyone tried out iphone on ipod jack yet?

bodaas: nope sir, but as luoldeng suggested, i discarded the trims, now thinking of front skirt, so u think 41k-42k will do? given its the local dealer.

Ninjadust77
14-07-2008, 02:00 PM
$43,000
- mats
- lighting
- ipod
- tint
- front/rear skirts
- front/rear/side trims
- type r badges
- organiser

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4640/img2235ff8.jpghttp://img67.imageshack.us/img67/396/img2233tz7.jpg
http://ntranced.homeip.net/ozhonda-050608/content/bin/images/large/DSC_0948.jpg

bodaas
14-07-2008, 06:29 PM
luoldeng: yeah gona try either monday or tuesday, the salesman only work weekdays. btw CTR dont come with AUX input jack do they? and anyone tried out iphone on ipod jack yet?

bodaas: nope sir, but as luoldeng suggested, i discarded the trims, now thinking of front skirt, so u think 41k-42k will do? given its the local dealer.

ask ninjadust, he got full option

Ninjadust77
14-07-2008, 06:41 PM
honestly i only got the full kit coz i wasnt seeing any FN2s with the full kit (untill i met Luke at the meet!!)... it all comes down to personal taste mate... do whatever look u like... simple...dont just do it coz 'so-n-so told u to' or coz u saw it on tv

i have an 8Gb ipod touch and it is very similar to the iphone so im assuming the iphone would work on the ipod adapter...

here are the piks of the front and rear skirts on the sliver FN2
left - standard
right - with skirt and trims
i think the rear skirt gets rid of some of the lines which i never liked in the FN2, the rear was just to 'all over the place', having the skirts has also kinda made the rear smaller and the triangle ports look nicer surrounded in the black... i think anyways...
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/592/fn2rearwithwithoutkitxs9.jpg

left - with skirt and trims
right - standard
same goes for the front of the car... the skirts have narrowed the nose a little and made it look less chunky
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5654/fn2frontwithwithoutkitaf6.jpg

bodaas
14-07-2008, 07:11 PM
silver looks good with trim

:thumbsup:

SaiHayashi
14-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Ninjadust77: nah the machine signature is totally different, we tried iphone on some ipod touch compatible speakers and it said not designed for iphone.

by the way, today finally made the deal with
black
tint
lock nut
accent light
emblem
mat
@ 42.5k

#UPDATE
today the sales told me hes still waiting for someone up high at honda to find me a stock black... said the only ones he could find atm are 07s. What can i do now?

anu
17-07-2008, 08:47 PM
hot cars boiz :thumbsup: