PDA

View Full Version : Loud....er Engine? + Cracked Paint??

Ken-f
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Just looked at a euro today and pretty much said i would buy it.

The only thing thats on my mind is the noise in the car. The car drives really well, but the sound of the engine is slightly louder compared to the other euros i've driven.....the car has gone 100000Kms and has had regular services. It has had a 'lady driver' for the life of it. Is this something I should be worried about? or is this completely normal for a car with this many K's?

Thanks in advance.

55EXX
11-07-2008, 07:48 PM
is the exhaust and intake oem?

so engine noise not trye noise etc. if it were tyre noise the tyres fitted can make a big difference but engine noise should be the same. otherwise if the euro's you have driven had extra deadener optioned the difference would be audible.

aaronng
11-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't like cars with "lady driver" written all over it because they tend to start the car and drive off straight away with heavy throttle without letting the oil circulate first. I've seen a newish 05 Euro back in 2006 and the engine was burning oil bad with a sweet exhaust smell because the lady owner drove off straight away very aggressively from the carpark as soon as the engine started.

cristian
12-07-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't like cars with "lady driver" written all over it because they tend to start the car and drive off straight away with heavy throttle without letting the oil circulate first. I've seen a newish 05 Euro back in 2006 and the engine was burning oil bad with a sweet exhaust smell because the lady owner drove off straight away very aggressively from the carpark as soon as the engine started.

there used 2 be an fto 2 houses from mine, and during cold mornings he'd turn the car on, then rev the motor somewhere beyond 3k...
*shakes head*

Ken-f
13-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Too late. I bought it. haha. I kinda like the sound...i sure hope its 'normal'. Now...i've got a few paint problems...which i didnt see until recently. Its kinda hard to describe, but i'll put some pics up soon.

Pics:

That area is actually only about the size of a 50c piece. Sorry for the HUGE pic.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2373/cracks3sn6.jpg

aaronng
13-07-2008, 09:53 PM
The cracked paint is from leaving bird shit on the paint for too long.

hooyn
13-07-2008, 10:00 PM
thats pretty ownage man. but not as bad as my birdpoo etch. i guess just wash claybar polish wax. should cover it up.

Ken-f
13-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Bird shit wouldn't do that much damage.....would it!? The other one...that i didnt show a picture to is in the middle-top part of the windscreen where the seal is.... but thats far worse...as the paint has actually come away.

You reckon touch up paint over it would be fine? I'm just afraid it'll make it look bad, coz at the moment, it is very un noticable.

aaronng
13-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Bird shit wouldn't do that much damage.....would it!? The other one...that i didnt show a picture to is in the middle-top part of the windscreen where the seal is.... but thats far worse...as the paint has actually come away.

You reckon touch up paint over it would be fine? I'm just afraid it'll make it look bad, coz at the moment, it is very un noticable.

Yes, bird shit does that much damage. Wait til you try bat shit, that's even worse.

Yes, use touch up paint. Cover it ASAP so that the bare metal doesn't rust.

Ken-f
13-07-2008, 10:21 PM
thanks for your advice. Will go buy some tmr.