PDA

View Full Version : replace power window regulator in EK

shinji112
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
ok so i have a 96 coupe EJ8 and the arm on the regulator has been fkd for a while now (doesnt go all the way up by like 2cm). i got a regulator from a wrecker and i had a look at my door and it seems impossible to fit it coz theres a huge piece of metal welded to the door (where the regulator is attached). is there any technique in taking the old one out and installing the new one? anyone have experience with doing this?

Zdster
11-07-2008, 12:26 PM
ok so i have a 96 coupe EJ8 and the arm on the regulator has been fkd for a while now (doesnt go all the way up by like 2cm). i got a regulator from a wrecker and i had a look at my door and it seems impossible to fit it coz theres a huge piece of metal welded to the door (where the regulator is attached). is there any technique in taking the old one out and installing the new one? anyone have experience with doing this?

Straight forward. Remove the trim (which you obviously have) and wind down the window so that you can see where the regulator meets the window glass. The window glass will be held to the regulator with a few screws, so undo them and remove the glass (carefully) through the top. Now the regulator will be held to the door with (from memory) four bolts so undo the bolts (that are on the welded piece of metal) and the regulator will be free to remove. Then reverse the steps with the new regulator.

If you have questions/need pictures etc let me know.

shinji112
14-07-2008, 01:15 AM
thanks zdster! i gave it a shot today with my mate and its turned out beautifully! didnt take too long either!

Zdster
15-07-2008, 10:15 AM
thanks zdster! i gave it a shot today with my mate and its turned out beautifully! didnt take too long either!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah, it is pretty straight forward once you figure out you have to move the window down to access the bolts :).