PDA

View Full Version : Shell to phase out Shell V-Power Racing

ajhh
11-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi

I thought you’d be interested to know that from the end of July ‘08, Shell will start to phase out its Shell V-Power Racing fuel in Australia.

The Shell V-Power Racing phase out from Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, NSW & ACT will take around 6 months and will be finished at the end of the year.

Be assured that Shell V-Power, a 98 octane fuel, which has been developed with Ferrari, will be Shell’s performance fuel and continues to be available at Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, SA, NSW & ACT.

Changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has played a big part in Shell’s decision. Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites to make it easier for motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

If anyone wants to find out more info on the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing you can visit www.shell.com.au or call 13 16 18 for tech or general enquiries.

Otherwise, shout out as I’m a Shell representative so I’m well placed to answer any queries.

Cheers Adam

V6LUXURY
11-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Are costs to consumers and slow sales the reason for the phase out?

Darkii_
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
oh the shell i go to never even had v-power racing lol, well atleast v-power will still be there for me =)

EGB18CT
13-07-2008, 12:58 AM
this the 100 octane one yeh? only selected stations had it, was blended too, prolly made cheaper cos of the blend and sold dearer?? e85 would be good if they eventually bring it out

mooshie
13-07-2008, 09:35 AM
why would a fuel with approx. 17% less energy per litre than normal unleaded be good if they brought it out? where will the revenue stream from the government come from? they subsidise ethanol production at the moment you know, that means higher taxes in the long run for everyone. where will our food come from? the 200 million odd litres of ethanol required per week to have everyone running on e85 is going to take up a hell of a lot of the annual crop, which the farms and tractors couldn't produe anyway, because they cant produce enough ethanol to run themselves.
not having a go at you just ranting, ethanol is all a political game to look like they are doing something about the energy crisis.

mooshie
13-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh, I have heard that United were supposed to be supplying e85 to one station each in Sydney and Melbourne but cannot seem to find out where. I know that there is a servo in Sydney on the Hume near the end of The Horsley Drive that has e85, but that probably does not help you much.

Jarkz
13-07-2008, 06:40 PM
knew this would happen...

I use BP Ultimate anyways...

LUD35
13-07-2008, 09:49 PM
ive tried both v-power and v-power racing...and i can't notice a difference except for easier startup in the mornings

funny thing is that mobil s8000 feels better than both in my car *shrug*

EK1.6LCIV
15-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Go Caltex whooot!

ajhh
16-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Are costs to consumers and slow sales the reason for the phase out?

Hi V6LUXURY

Shell has consistently led the industry's response to a changing fuel market driven by a combination of strong local and international R&D programs, and technical partnerships with market leaders such as Ferrari.

Shell introduced Shell V-Power Racing to meet the requirements of Australian motorists at the time and to demonstrate that ethanol is part of a quality fuels package.

As mentioned in my first post a changing market and changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has been the major contributor to Shell's decision to phase out the fuel.

In line with changing consumer demand Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites in Australia to make it easier for more motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

Cheers
Adam

EKVTIR-T
16-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info Adam.

Do you work for Shell ? :)

ajhh
16-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the info Adam.

Do you work for Shell ? :)

Hi EKVTIR-T

I work for a communications company called Edelman. Edelman Australia has worked with Shell Australia for a number of years helping them to communicate their moves in the marketplace to motorists. Being part of online forum discussions is one such way.

Thanks

Adam

ahkit
31-08-2008, 05:24 PM
BP ultimate all the way. nice and clean for our vtec engines =D

JaCe
16-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I know this is an old thread but it was surprisingly helpful because I was trying to find out what this "V Power Racing" is which people mention. I don't really get the point of it but would've been interesting to try it.

Crapdaz
18-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I know this is an old thread but it was surprisingly helpful because I was trying to find out what this "V Power Racing" is which people mention. I don't really get the point of it but would've been interesting to try it.
shell is the dirtiest petrol.

npcan2
18-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Go hydrogen!

hondar
18-12-2009, 04:45 PM
my car response better with shell v-power than BP ultimate

i tried v-power racing before but that was an my old civic.. i didnt use it regularly becos it is so expensive

Lukey
18-12-2009, 07:02 PM
i get better economy from vpower over ultimate

WATAJK
19-12-2009, 10:23 AM
i get better economy from vpower over ultimate

Yeah idk :S
Some people say to get the better KMS from Ultimate you need to always keep using Ultimate, thats when improvement comes..
Im trying it atm with the R, it seems be true as every now and again my KMS have improved abit more everytime..
I guess it a long term thing..
Whatever fuel suits your car go for it!!!

Lukey
19-12-2009, 08:02 PM
i usually do stints of ultimate then vpower. usually 4ish months at a time

WATAJK
19-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Ahh ill give that a go :D