PDA

View Full Version : Getting my accord euro need help with scratch around the car

dansanhdieu
11-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi all ,

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself , after driving a honda prelude 98 for 4 years and 2 months looking around and consideration i just recently put a deposit for a 04 Accord euro AT lux graphite yesterday and looking forward to pick it up next week .

The car i bought have a few scratch and dent around the car which i looking to fix after i take the car home , not sure where should i go go get it fix i live in Sydney Innerwest suburb but i willing to drive to a reasonable quality work .

The dealer which i bought the car from also offer me 3 years / 60.000 km extended warranty for $1100 and i will have to decide when i pick up the car . I am not sure whether is it worth the money to buy this extended warranty , is it as good as new car warranty , or anyone here own 03 or 04 model could tell me is there much problem with their car after 4 or 5 years . From my own exp with my Honda Prelude 98 model even a 10 years old car Honda still running very good and smooth , just tune up and drive . I am tossing between this extended warranty or saving some money up to fix the scratch around the car .

Any help is greatly appreciated

snYpz
11-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Mine is an 04 and its running as good as new!
Your car is second hand so not sure how the condition of the car is etc...so possibly go for the extended warranty just to be safe.
my 2cents :P

Euro08Jaz
12-07-2008, 02:55 AM
yea id go for it but check conditions of warranty, is it a genuine honda extended warranty or dealer warranty?

dansanhdieu
12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
thank for your input snypz ,

I have a question seeing that you also have a 04 model like the one i am buying . are you using the 16" stock one or upgrade to bigger size , i am looking to chaing mine to 17" not sure i should get the original honda one or aftermarket 17" ?

euro08 , i am not sure if this one is genuine honda warranty , maby it just dealer warranty since they already give me 3 months of 5000km for my car .

snYpz
12-07-2008, 11:35 PM
thank for your input snypz ,

I have a question seeing that you also have a 04 model like the one i am buying . are you using the 16" stock one or upgrade to bigger size , i am looking to chaing mine to 17" not sure i should get the original honda one or aftermarket 17" ?

euro08 , i am not sure if this one is genuine honda warranty , maby it just dealer warranty since they already give me 3 months of 5000km for my car .

I've gone for 17". I reckon max go for 18" just for the sake of practicality and comfort. Whether to go aftermarket or the honda styles is really up to u. There are honda 17" sport model the luxury (in 06+ euros) model rims that appear on ebay quite often and also in the parts for sale thread on ozhonda.
good luck and enjoy the car! ;)

snYpz
12-07-2008, 11:37 PM

Also check carefully wat the conditions of this warranty is. If isn't a honda factory warranty (which is likely..), i'd check thoroughly just in case its sth dodgy!

dansanhdieu
13-07-2008, 12:28 AM
I've gone for 17". I reckon max go for 18" just for the sake of practicality and comfort. Whether to go aftermarket or the honda styles is really up to u. There are honda 17" sport model the luxury (in 06+ euros) model rims that appear on ebay quite often and also in the parts for sale thread on ozhonda.
good luck and enjoy the car! ;)

snYpz , is that possible you could take some pics of you 04 model with 17" wheels so i can have an idea what it look like ? wondering if i decide to change over to 17" and tyres can i sell my 16" stock wheels to get some money back ?

aaronng
13-07-2008, 12:33 AM
You bought a dented euro?

dansanhdieu
13-07-2008, 01:39 AM
You bought a dented euro?

i don't think it dented . it have scratch in front bumper due to shopping trolley i think it can be fix easily still looking for someone can do quality work with reasonably price .

aaronng
13-07-2008, 01:41 AM
i don't think it dented . it have scratch in front bumper due to shopping trolley i think it can be fix easily still looking for someone can do quality work with reasonably price .

Ahh, just the bumper. Ok. http://www.colortech.net.au/

dansanhdieu
13-07-2008, 02:04 AM

Thank for your info aaronng ,

I will post some pics when i got the car home next weeks and call those guys for a quote , it got scratches in front and back bumper as well . That why the dealer done me a good deal on the car without having to fix it and sell at higher price .

snYpz
13-07-2008, 10:32 AM
snYpz , is that possible you could take some pics of you 04 model with 17" wheels so i can have an idea what it look like ? wondering if i decide to change over to 17" and tyres can i sell my 16" stock wheels to get some money back ?

U can usually trade ur rims when purchasing new ones. Just google Euro sport or euro lux 2006+ to get an idea of 17's on euro.
2005 model euro's had 03-04 body but 17's which is probably what ur after.

tony1234
14-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Aaron have you used these guys before?what are they like?

power_of_dreams
15-07-2008, 10:47 AM
interested to know as well

tron07
15-07-2008, 01:43 PM

here ya go....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91641&highlight=rims

dansanhdieu
15-07-2008, 04:12 PM
here ya go....

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91641&highlight=rims

Thank for the link .

The one i am looking to change is the last one in pics number 4 . I seen a few euro on the road with that 17"s and i love it .

Trying ebay and trading forum but no one selling it . not sure if Honda still selling brand new and how much ?

I officially pickup my euro 04 from the dealer this afternoon . I am so happy to become an euro owner . Very good feeling , although the car need to fix scratch around and new wheels .

snYpz
15-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Trying ebay and trading forum but no one selling it . not sure if Honda still selling brand new and how much ?

Hey dansanhdieu, a member is actually selling the rims that ur after. Its a decent price i think. Have a look...http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94386

dansanhdieu
15-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey dansanhdieu, a member is actually selling the rims that ur after. Its a decent price i think. Have a look...http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94386

Thank for letting me know .

I already PM him . Nice wheels .

tim-e
16-07-2008, 10:27 PM
The car i bought have a few scratch and dent around the car which i looking to fix after i take the car home , not sure where should i go go get it fix i live in Sydney Innerwest suburb but i willing to drive to a reasonable quality work.Multinational Body Works do an excellent job - I've used them a couple of times, great quality. 146 Great North Rd, Five Dock, phone 97122457. You know a panel shop's good when it has Lexus, BMWs, Porsches, etc hanging out of the workshop.