PDA

View Full Version : crunching when cold/squeaking when driving

migoreng
12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
hey
got a 97 prelude vti-r

when the car is cold and i drive overspeed bumps slowly the front suspension makes a pretty loud crunching noise.

once the car has been driven for a while, like 10-15km, the crunching doens't happen anymore.
any idea?

also i can hear very very soft squeaking noises coming from somewhere below when driving with music off...
it happens on bump roads only when the suspension is getting load.
the car drives pretty much good, straight and turns fines...

i'm planning on getting new springs sometime soon for a ~1.3-1.5in drop so i will get it checked out as well, but what do you people think?

also i've got rear shock knock...when i first got the car a few months ago it was happening on the left rear but i think the right rear is starting to knock as well.
anyone know if the shock collars from honda are the same as the ones that came with the car? honda was hopeless they couldn't tell me anything lol.

riruiz_88
12-07-2008, 04:54 PM
is the car lowered? if so then its a good chance the the standard shocks are gone. i would suggest you save a little more and upgrade your shocks, not race spec but somethin like heavy duty or something. and what do you mean by "collar"? do you mean shock rubber mount?

bennjamin
12-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Also if the car is lowered , the creaks are often bushes in front and rear creaking under extra/abnormal load. Once there is some heat they loosen up and quieten down.

migoreng
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
my suspension is fully stock

shadou
15-07-2008, 11:52 PM
.. er get it checked out? Or are you hooning over these speed bumps?