PDA

View Full Version : Reverse parking sensors

Economic
12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi All,

Just bought a Honda Accord euro from the run out sale. It is pearl white. They included reverse parking sensors. The parking sensors they installed are pure white. Does anyone else have a pearl white euro and did they install reverse parking sensors with pearl white also? I feel as though they just slapped them on to ship the car out before the 30th.

unity
12-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Did you purchase genuine Honda reverse parking sensors? I was told that the genuine sensors would be colour coded to exactly match the car colour

biee2
12-07-2008, 06:32 PM
i seen alot of euro's with color coded reverse sensors....so yeah i think thats the way it suppose to be (the same color as your car)

Darkii_
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Well i have a nighthawk black euro and my reverse parking sensors are black aswell. if that answers your question lol

tanalasta
12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Sensors are meant to be colour coded to your car. If they are a different colour, you should bring it up with your dealer.

Economic
12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Looks like I will be making a complaint. I think the parking sensors are aftermarket and not working properly either. I will get them to color code them.. You spend so much money and sometimes they are so sloppy.

unity
13-07-2008, 08:22 AM
That maybe a condition of after market sensors that they may not match the exact colour of your car. Atleast you didn't get those ugly black ones that you see some people have, they have no resemblence to the car's actual colour.

tarik
15-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Are the genuine Honda reverse parking sensors meant to be audio-only (ie. it beeps whilst reversing) or are you also meant to get a visual display (eg. an LED indicator of the distance)? Thanks.

Crapdaz
15-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Are the genuine Honda reverse parking sensors meant to be audio-only (ie. it beeps whilst reversing) or are you also meant to get a visual display (eg. an LED indicator of the distance)? Thanks.
audio

Economic
15-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Mine have a visual display with distance above my mirror. I would have thought they would install genuine Honda, but I guess much cheaper for them to put aftermarket. Still covered by my 5 year warranty

tony1234
15-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Mine have a visual display with distance above my mirror. I would have thought they would install genuine Honda, but I guess much cheaper for them to put aftermarket. Still covered by my 5 year warranty
I don't think Honda had OEM sensors for the CL9.They're all aftermarket.

EuroDude
15-07-2008, 06:38 PM
True, they are all aftermarket ones they get on eBay for $49.95 :p

What you could do is buy some honda touch up paint and paint them yourself.

Economic
15-07-2008, 08:19 PM
If I use touch up paint will that do anything to the sensors? Probably just leave it as I will probably do a bad job of it :)

unity
15-07-2008, 08:42 PM

Honda assured me the sensors they installed for me were genuine Honda. It is even listed in the accessory brochure.

tim-e
15-07-2008, 09:17 PM
> You spend so much money and sometimes they are so sloppy.

There's an Alfa Spider getting around near my place that has a sensor out of line with the others... not on the edge of the bar either. It's very obviously a mistake.

power_of_dreams
15-07-2008, 10:34 PM

Surely they did on lux models?

PNR888
15-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Economic, looks like your sensors are non-genuine parts, I think the 5 yr warranty on those sensor will only be honoured by that dealership. If you move to other area/town/city, I dont think other Honda dealers will provide warranty on those sensors.

My friend bought a new CR-V Extra (limited edition, based on Standard CR-V with free fog lights, rear sensors). but his retro fitted sensors outer ring width is smaller than my CR-V Lux factory fitted sensors outer ring. But his sensors look exactly the same as the one shown in CR-V accessory catalog. Therefore I assume his sensors are genuine Honda sensors but just different from factory fitted sensors.

tim-e
16-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Surely they did on lux models?I was fairly certain too, I distinctly remember declining (bad move) ~ I have my accessories book at home, I'll have to take a look now.

ms700
16-07-2008, 03:28 PM
CL9 lux models didnt have rear park assist from the factory.

All CL9 rear park assist is dealer fitted, regardless if lux or not.

Lifers
08-09-2008, 01:24 AM
My uncle just bought a 2007/2008 Euro in the end of line run out sale.

A friend of mine just bought a commondore and the sensor wiring was already built into the car. He bought the OEM reverse parking kit, which included a template for drilling the holes and a harness to connect the sensors to the wiring that was already in the bumper/boot.

Can we do the same thing for the Euro? Is it all prewired for an OEM kit?

I'm hesitant to use a 3rd party kit because the aftermarket sensors on our camry are less than accurate, and now they're even having issues coming on in the first place. Where as the factory (OEM) sensors in the Rover are quite accurate with few false positives.

Thanks.

Crapdaz
08-09-2008, 07:28 AM
My uncle just bought a 2007/2008 Euro in the end of line run out sale.

A friend of mine just bought a commondore and the sensor wiring was already built into the car. He bought the OEM reverse parking kit, which included a template for drilling the holes and a harness to connect the sensors to the wiring that was already in the bumper/boot.

Can we do the same thing for the Euro? Is it all prewired for an OEM kit?

I'm hesitant to use a 3rd party kit because the aftermarket sensors on our camry are less than accurate, and now they're even having issues coming on in the first place. Where as the factory (OEM) sensors in the Rover are quite accurate with few false positives.

Thanks.

from the top of my head the euro's don't come with stock wiring.

commodore - holdens have more problems, so in result provide better flexibility with design. <--- my opinion

camry? have you tried checking your wiring in the camry hasn't got any hanging wires cause those wires or if soldering was required that the solder joints aren't dry.

yeh well, difference between a low end rev sensor --> middle to high range but the cost value for efficiency.

the euro just comes with 3rd party sensors anyways, not a particular brand i don't think <--- can someone confirm this.

angel
09-09-2008, 01:03 AM
take it back to the dealership, they're should be colour coded, all honda genuine reverse park acc'ries are colour coded. Good luck.

EK Civic R
09-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Yea go back. I just picked up my new CL9 pearl white and reverse sensors have been colour coded to the colour of the car...

If it's been just painted plain white thats really dodgy..