PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Espelir springs

Razer
12-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Anyone here in Ozhonda heard of Espelir Springs??? I've done a search and it seems it hasn't even been mentioned here before :eek: they're pretty popular in japan and can be used with OEM shocks to provide a lower ride height + better control of the car....anyone here have them in their car in Aus???

Type R Positive
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
the problem with just changing springs in CL9 is you will blow your shocks.

aaronng
12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
The shocks blow only if you lower it by more than 1.5 to 2 inches.

m2h
13-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I am using it, it lower your ride heights about 2 fingers gap. Doesnt effect the comfort while driving yourself, alittle bit more bumpier when its full loaded. If you just want to lower it, its not a bad choice. Just my experience :)

Razer
14-07-2008, 12:17 AM
I am using it, it lower your ride heights about 2 fingers gap. Doesnt effect the comfort while driving yourself, alittle bit more bumpier when its full loaded. If you just want to lower it, its not a bad choice. Just my experience :)

cheers M2H.....I'll look into it...seems like these springs aren't really popular here in Aus.......is the handling a lot better or are they just solely for lowering????

viper8548
14-07-2008, 03:34 AM

Does this mean it wont do damage to the shocks if you dont lower more than 1.5 inch? Will lowering this little void the warranty of the suspension?

Thanks

akina
14-07-2008, 05:18 AM
it wont do as severe damage as lowering 3"
and yea, it will still void ur warranty for the suspension.

aaronng
14-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Does this mean it wont do damage to the shocks if you dont lower more than 1.5 inch? Will lowering this little void the warranty of the suspension?

Thanks

Any changing of suspension components with aftermarket items will void your suspension warranty.

tony1234
14-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Anyone here in Ozhonda heard of Espelir Springs??? I've done a search and it seems it hasn't even been mentioned here before :eek: they're pretty popular in japan and can be used with OEM shocks to provide a lower ride height + better control of the car....anyone here have them in their car in Aus???
Never heard of them.Can you please post up a link so i (and others)can check them out?:)

Type R Positive
14-07-2008, 12:18 PM

Thanks
Well documented problem on Yanky forums when changing springs on standard shocks. I haven't heard of the 1.5" rule before.

My mate (Perth Euro) blew his shocks when he went to king springs.
It is not the brand of springs that do this, just the oem shocks.

EuroAccord13
14-07-2008, 05:52 PM

It doesn't matter how little or how much the spring lowers the car, as long as there is compression of the shocks outside of what it is made for or what the tolerance level is, there will always be a risk of the shocks leaking/blowing/not decompressing properly. It's a matter of when that happens, can be 6 months or 2 years... That being said, of course, the more you lower it, the higher the chance of the shocks going out sooner.

Espelir Springs are not performance springs, the spring rate is very close to OEM rate.

aaronng
14-07-2008, 05:57 PM
It doesn't matter how little or how much the spring lowers the car, as long as there is compression of the shocks outside of what it is made for or what the tolerance level is, there will always be a risk of the shocks leaking/blowing/not decompressing properly. It's a matter of when that happens, can be 6 months or 2 years... That being said, of course, the more you lower it, the higher the chance of the shocks going out sooner.

Espelir Springs are not performance springs, the spring rate is very close to OEM rate.

If the springs you use are aftermarket stiffer springs with the same height as stock, then you won't blow the shocks. It depends on how much the springs lower the car because that determines if the shock travel is still within or out of spec.

It is not chance. It is wear. The more you lower it, the quicker the wear. It is not a question of if, but when. :p

Razer
15-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Never heard of them.Can you please post up a link so i (and others)can check them out?:)

http://www.espelir.co.jp/products%20info.html

Heres the linky....:D Active Super Down seems to be the one that fits the oem euro shocks....enjoy!

Crapdaz
15-07-2008, 07:12 AM
if you do get lowering springs, best to get aftermarket shocks also, as after being lowered you increase wear in the stock shocks which will cause them to malfunction sooner.