PDA

View Full Version : my new accord CL9 got problem with steering

johnnyofhk
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
i got airplane sound when the engine is running especially when i turn my steering wheel... i should be some kind of electrical problem, is it?

it sounds like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.eeeee.e.eeeeeeeeeeeee ee.eee"

higher pitch when i trun the steering wheel... i got 1016KM on the meter only, honda sucks? :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

aaronng
12-07-2008, 09:42 PM
You have warranty. Use it.

johnnyofhk
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM

yea, i booked in the time, i just wonder if it is a problem
i am not sure if it supposed to be like that... by the way, i am from sydney as well~ I live in the city

ozR18
12-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Not sure..but had a similiar sort of problem with my fd civic,,the problem was power steering fluid was leaking through a crack in the steering rack...Sent it for service...but had to order new rack from Thailand..so they top up the PS fluid as a temporary solution till the rack comes in..problem was solved

power_of_dreams
13-07-2008, 03:09 AM
yeah, i would say power steering

johnprocter
13-07-2008, 09:59 AM
i got airplane sound when the engine is running especially when i turn my steering wheel... i should be some kind of electrical problem, is it?

it sounds like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.eeeee.e.eeeeeeeeeeeee ee.eee"

higher pitch when i trun the steering wheel... i got 1016KM on the meter only, honda sucks? :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

dude i have this problem too.. is it worst in the mornings when you first start up the car for the day?...

johnnyofhk
13-07-2008, 05:17 PM
dude i have this problem too.. is it worst in the mornings when you first start up the car for the day?...

yea man, feel like the steering wheel got a force stop you turning... not continuously though...

johnnyofhk
13-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Not sure..but had a similiar sort of problem with my fd civic,,the problem was power steering fluid was leaking through a crack in the steering rack...Sent it for service...but had to order new rack from Thailand..so they top up the PS fluid as a temporary solution till the rack comes in..problem was solved

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

johnprocter
13-07-2008, 05:28 PM
i'm taking mine to my honda dealer tomorrow to see if i can get it fixed b4 my warranty ends

johnnyofhk
14-07-2008, 01:50 AM
i'm taking mine to my honda dealer tomorrow to see if i can get it fixed b4 my warranty ends

tell me what do they say tmr pls~~:thumbsup:

tony1234
14-07-2008, 11:43 AM
As above.that's what warranty's for.

johnnyofhk
15-07-2008, 04:16 AM
As above.that's what warranty's for.

its not something i expected though... i mean it sucks at the building quality.

aaronng
15-07-2008, 06:32 AM
its not something i expected though... i mean it sucks at the building quality.

I doubt it is build quality because not many people have this problem. The clutch master cylinder on the other hand... now that is poor build quality.

johnprocter
15-07-2008, 09:31 AM
hey guys i took it in yesterday.. they said the power steering fluid pump or something is screwed up, so they ordered one in and iam going to take it back for them to put in later this week

johnnyofhk
16-07-2008, 03:00 AM
hey guys i took it in yesterday.. they said the power steering fluid pump or something is screwed up, so they ordered one in and iam going to take it back for them to put in later this week

me too man, that's why they told me today as well. Which dealership you went to?

johnprocter
16-07-2008, 09:57 AM
the one in homebush

tim-e
16-07-2008, 03:45 PM
In other words, Larke Hoskins.

johnprocter
16-07-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah why? don't you like that dealer ship or something?

johnnyofhk
16-07-2008, 05:56 PM
yeah why? don't you like that dealer ship or something?

i went to them as well but the one near waterloo, i get my new rack install 2 days later~ :thumbsup:

aaronng
16-07-2008, 08:20 PM
i went to them as well but the one near waterloo, i get my new rack install 2 days later~ :thumbsup:

The waterloo branch also fixed my friend's CRV sunroof squeak under warranty by replacing the whole mechanism without much persuasion, and he doesn't even service there! LOL

curik
16-07-2008, 08:37 PM
mine is 04 and never had any problems on the power steering. I guess it's just a rare defect, and honda will definitely fix it under warranty.

tron07
17-07-2008, 09:24 AM
The waterloo branch also fixed my friend's CRV sunroof squeak under warranty by replacing the whole mechanism without much persuasion, and he doesn't even service there! LOL

I think it depends on the service consultant/manager, if you get a tight arse person, then he will try this and that or blame this and that instead of replacing it under warranty.

tim-e
17-07-2008, 09:32 AM
yeah why? don't you like that dealer ship or something?They're great. I bought my car from them. http://www.themixingbowl.org/image/smilies/smile1.gif

johnprocter
17-07-2008, 10:21 AM
yeah good blokes there

LXRY
18-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Hehe...just got my steering rack replaced under warranty for squeeling noise when stationary they couldn't find it so they replaced it, kept complaining.....thanks to my dealership, they really been looking after me !!

binhcat
16-01-2009, 01:24 PM
yea man, feel like the steering wheel got a force stop you turning... not continuously though...

Hey I got this problem to.. every time a honda service dude takes it out for testing they can never feel it...

My one occurs mostly when i turn left..

Crapdaz
16-01-2009, 01:32 PM
do you mean it feels like it locks up?

do you normally turn full lock or just before full lock? could be the steering motor failing.

binhcat
16-01-2009, 01:40 PM
no particular position.. its happens when i turn or the wheel is turning back to the middle.
It kind feels like when you are driving on tram tracks .. that feeling if you do what i mean

bk212
16-01-2009, 03:59 PM
no particular position.. its happens when i turn or the wheel is turning back to the middle.
It kind feels like when you are driving on tram tracks .. that feeling if you do what i mean

I thought I had a similar issue but ended up getting used to the steering feel - see http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93743

tony1234
16-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I reckon your your problem is tramlining.Are your tyres worn?try rotating your tyres and or getting a good wheel alignment.

Crapdaz
17-01-2009, 08:36 AM
binhcat my car tracks the road like a train too pretty bad imo alot of effort to steer which sometimes makes my arm tired.... but alas its fun to drive, havent had my alignment done in a while since getting kit installed but if you do it helps reduce the tram lining effect.

As tony has mentioned before try rotate and realign might need new tyres...