PDA

View Full Version : 22mm ITR Sway Bar, HSD HS Coilovers and Integra Rear LCA install on my EG hatchback.

Red_EG4
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi guys, here's the lowdown.
I recently purchased a set of HSD HS coilovers and am wondering how I set my ride height?
Also I have noticed on other shocks such as KYB and Koni there is a nut welded onto the base of the shock for the bolt to fasten into in the same way as OEM shocks. My HSD coilovers do not have this nut. Am I going to be able to get a nut or should I find a new High tensile bolt and nut to replace the original bolt?
When I took my stock Rear LCAs off and put them next to my integra LCAs I noticed a small difference. When I put my stock Right Hand LCA next to what I think is the integra LCA(it is labelled RV) the curve at the subframe end is in the opposite direction to my stock LCA. Is that ok?
Next up my sway bar did not come with any mounting bolts. Am I going to be able to locate just the bolts somewhere for a reasonable price?

This has frustrated me so much because these small problems are causing my Hatchback to be stuck in the shed on jackstands for a long time!

Also I was planning to get a wheel allignment after I install the LCAs and Coilovers because I am waiting on an ASR subframe brace to install the swaybar. Should I delay the allignment until after I have the Sway bar installed?

Thanks OzHonda!

jdm_kid
12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
EDIT - pls specify what model LCAs you are goin to put on and what type of coilovers fork or eye type.

the nuts should of been supplied with the coilovers. these are the same as the strut tops bolts. so if you have spares use them or go to the wreckers and ask for some.

the LCAs should have LH and RH engraved on them.

http://www.norcalcrx.org/tyson/pics/rearLCA1.jpg

Red_EG4
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
EDIT - pls specify what model LCAs you are goin to put on and what type of coilovers fork or eye type.

the nuts should of been supplied with the coilovers. these are the same as the strut tops bolts. so if you have spares use them or go to the wreckers and ask for some.

the LCAs should have LH and RH engraved on them.

The Coilovers are secondhand, that's why I'm missing a few parts.
I have the LCA on the bottom of your pic. Fork type Coilovers.

The nuts are the same as on the top of the strut? they are pretty small, a lot smaller compared to the one that is welded to my stock strut. Is that ok?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/Postie_Boy/Image043.jpg
top is my stock LCA, bottom is my replacement.
My stock is the RH LCA, the replacement has something like 1LV on it.

thanks for the reply.:thumbsup:

bennjamin
13-07-2008, 09:11 AM
The nuts are the same as on the top of the strut? they are pretty small, a lot smaller compared to the one that is welded to my stock strut. Is that ok?

The 2 14mm headed nuts , that secure the TOP of the strut to the chassis are exactly what you need to secure the bolt to the bottom of the shock FORK. Same thread same thing.

Just place one on the end of the bolt (when its thru the bottom of the fork) , place a 14spanner on on end and a 14mm socket+ ratchet and tighten away

Red_EG4
13-07-2008, 09:19 AM
The 2 14mm headed nuts , that secure the TOP of the strut to the chassis are exactly what you need to secure the bolt to the bottom of the shock FORK. Same thread same thing.

Just place one on the end of the bolt (when its thru the bottom of the fork) , place a 14spanner on on end and a 14mm socket+ ratchet and tighten away

Thank you.

Any idea about the LCA's?

bennjamin
13-07-2008, 09:25 AM
to fit ur ASR + swaybar....you need the LCA's with ENDLINK mounting. IE the bottom ones.

FYI they will fit the ITR swaybar fine. So get them !

Red_EG4
13-07-2008, 09:32 AM
to fit ur ASR + swaybar....you need the LCA's with ENDLINK mounting. IE the bottom ones.

FYI they will fit the ITR swaybar fine. So get them !
Sorry I meant that my Integra LCA that is labelled LV10 matches the form of my stock LCA labelled RH. If I mount the Integra LCA labelled 10RV on the right hand side the curve of the arm at the subframe mounted end is opposite to when the stock RH LCA is mounted. Could this be to clear the sway bar or something?

bennjamin
13-07-2008, 10:00 AM
look closely...you need the upper "nub" that connects to the endlink to be facing in towards the front of the car. Make sense ?

Red_EG4
13-07-2008, 01:01 PM
look closely...you need the upper "nub" that connects to the endlink to be facing in towards the front of the car. Make sense ?

Yep makes sense. That is how I have them on, thank you very much guys!!