PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] front parking sensors

unity
14-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone, was just wondering has any one installed front parking sensors on the euro?
If you have how do they perform and how much did you pay?

MSKYO
14-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I just recently picked up an 05 Lux and the previous owner had got front parking sensors on the thing when they bought it new due to the parking arrangements in their garage. Don't know how much extra they paid but the way it works is that there is an on/off switch next to the 'VSA OFF' button. From as far back as a couple of metres from an object it starts to sound a bell like noise and then when you get real close it starts repeating "STOP, STOP, STOP..." rapidly. Works pretty well but I must say I'm glad it can be turned off

unity
15-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Sounds different to the one that the dealer explained to me. The one the dealer is offereing, with a 3 year warranty, has a visual display (not a camera) using a bar indicator to display the distance. The sensor only beeps (a continuous noise) when the sensor is within one foot of an object.

viper8548
15-07-2008, 03:46 PM
How much did they quote for? They offer front sensors for the CL9?

.QD
15-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah that one above with the switch sounds like a backyard job. I'm assuming the proper one would have a sensor that detects your speed and turn the sensor on and off? eg: maybe if your in first gear or if your speed is under 5km/h the front sensor would turn on.

unity
15-07-2008, 08:47 PM
The one the dealer was offering was $680 for 4 sensors on the front and colour coded to the car with a 3 year warranty and installed at my residence. This is not a genuine Honda accessory. It has a button near the VSA switch and you can switch it on/off whenever.

tim-e
15-07-2008, 09:14 PM
> maybe if your in first gear or if your speed is under 5km/h the front sensor would turn on.

If you're doing more than that sensors won't help you. http://www.themixingbowl.org/image/smilies/tongue.gif

.QD
15-07-2008, 10:27 PM
> maybe if your in first gear or if your speed is under 5km/h the front sensor would turn on.

If you're doing more than that sensors won't help you. http://www.themixingbowl.org/image/smilies/tongue.gif

it was a guesstimate.. maybe first gear then.. :p

LXRY
26-07-2008, 06:04 PM
The one the dealer was offering was $680 for 4 sensors on the front and colour coded to the car with a 3 year warranty and installed at my residence. This is not a genuine Honda accessory. It has a button near the VSA switch and you can switch it on/off whenever.

Thats too much for after market..........and is not genuine oem product. I was going to install rear through my old dealer but told me too ge for aftermarket ones the same as you described, but less than half you got quoted. All you need is two in the front inner corners of the bumper, sufficient enough to pick up all angles. Shop around or if you like I can pm you the dealer number and you can ask them for the number.