PDA

View Full Version : King Springs Superlow different

Frankie
14-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi i need a bit of help i got a front set of superlow king springs for my Ek part number is KMFL-58A but the part number suppose to be KHFL-58A does any know why it is different????? ps these springs are made with the new generation X5k High Stress steel

Another question i got the Rear springs part number KHRL-59 without the high stress steel X5k and it looks and feels different to one with the high stress steel, it is thinner and springs arnt hard i can compress them a bir with my hands but wit the front ones i cant

is it unsafe to install because the rear springs look unsafe????

got pics if you wanna see them

NEED HELP

thanks

Frankie
15-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Any one

embrace
25-07-2008, 10:51 PM
the rears should still be alright with the fronts. might just find that the rear bounces around abit more then the front. might wanna look at getting some half decent shocks if your going to be replceing springs (koni's, agx etc.)

not sure about the diffentces in the part numbers for the fronts though :S give king springs a call, they should have the answer for u

vinnY
26-07-2008, 02:23 AM
iirc the king spring's spring rate isn't all that high to begin with (only 20-40% higher than stock) so i'm not surprised you can compress the rears with your arms a bit

have to remember its generally softer at the rear than at the front
fatter coils at the front too because it obviously has to support more weight(engine + weight shifting while braking)

Frankie
27-07-2008, 12:39 PM
okay no worries thanks for the info.... thats great