PDA

View Full Version : Review-MTEC Super White 60/55 vs. Osram Silverstar 60/55

j.meng87
15-07-2008, 12:27 AM
This review is to compare the difference between MTEC Super White Standard Wattage and Osram Silverstar. Both of this bulb are 60/55W and are a direct swap

Test Car-Honda CRV 98
Bulb Type- H4

MTEC Super White
Price -$39 inc. shipping
Where - LiquiDSound (Ozhonda)
About - These bulbs are rated at 4350K. They produce a slight white look when shine onto a wall. When looking towards the headlight it give a blue/white look depending on angle viewed from. The white light is achieve by the blue tint which seem to reduce some of the light output.

Osram Silverstar
Price - approx. $20inc. shipping
Where - ebay (PowerBulbs Direct)
About - Osram Silverstar is said to produce UP TO 50% brighter than standard bulb and 20m longer beam. It produce the same colour output as a standard bulb and doesnt have blue tint unlike the MTEC.

Conclusion
MTEC Super White- If your after the Blue/White Hid look i would recommend this. However in my opinion I wouldnt recommend this if you normally do long night drivings and also during raining nights as the light output is reduce slightly by the blue tint. Also if the road is newly seal/ resurfaced the light output on the road will reduce significantly. The beam light seem to be focused mainly in the middle.
Osram Silverstar - Overall I prefer this bulb over the MTEC's as it gives a brighter light output. Beam patter it the same as a standar bulb except its light up the road sign better. The price is also cheaper than the MTEC's and if your looking for a replacement bulb for your burnt stock bulb i highly recommend this.

*Attachment picture below of actual light output. Photo are only edited for resize and are taken using camera phone

Riviera
15-07-2008, 09:08 PM
try

Phillips Xtreme Power and Power2Nights

add them to your review theyre exy but i think you will be suprised how
much more light you will get as opposed to those 2 put together

j.meng87
16-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm actually using osram night breaker on my accord. They are compareable to philips xtreme power. As for power2night its almost the same as silverstar as they are both up to 50% brighter. Bear in mind those picture were taken using a camera phone so it look darker. It make a different when driving as it light up the road signs better.