PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav Hack

Economic
15-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi All,

I know I am chasing a futile trail, but I have been playing around with my Sat Nav and looking at all the settings.

Pressing SETUP, MENU & CANCEL - enter maintenance mode
Pressing MENU again for 5 seconds goes into 'developer mode'

1) Under the 'Version' button and then selecting 'programs' there is a list of different applications. One is for the Aircon another for the Radio etc. There is also one called 'Trip Computer'. I know that some of the US versions of the honda have this trip computer but nothing for Australia. Anyone have any success in enabling the trip computer?

I believe the trip computer is triggered from the DVD disc because when you take it out you can not access the calculator or calendar under the 'info' button.

2) Has anyone been able to play music using the PC CARD slot?

3) On the dash, has anyone been able to hack the information screen so that the speed alarm can be activated? Clearly european versions have the speed alarm settings.

It's probably a 'no' on all counts, but you never know.

Any programmers out there :)

Regards,
Eco...

tarik
15-07-2008, 12:33 PM
There is also one called 'Trip Computer'. I know that some of the US versions of the honda have this trip computer but nothing for Australia. Anyone have any success in enabling the trip computer?

I would think that this is the same trip computer that's displayed on the dash. I could be wrong, though - I haven't looked into this part of the system before.

Has anyone been able to play music using the PC CARD slot?

No. From a fair bit of research that I did on the topic, this is apparently not even technically possible due to the way that the output of the navigation system hooks into the audio system. Also, the nav system output is mono only.

The PC card can be used to store log data. I think that this is only for the sensor logs (yaw etc), not GPS logs (which is what I'd like).

I think that it might be possible to use PC card for map data instead of the DVD, but I'm not sure what the point would be (maybe a bit faster when searching?). I haven't been able to test this since I only have a 1GB CF card, but I'm getting a 2GB card soon and will test it then.

On the dash, has anyone been able to hack the information screen so that the speed alarm can be activated? Clearly european versions have the speed alarm settings.

This would be very cool, but I haven't come across any info on how it could be done. I would imagine it's part of the ECU settings somewhere, same as if miles or kilometres are used by the system.

The X Man
15-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Agreed. The manual refers to the speed alert in many instances by fails to include this "basic" feature in AU delivered vehicles.

Economic
15-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi All,

Found this link.. http://www.vistabug.com/bb/viewtopic.php?id=4

Not sure which .bin file my car is using will check tomorrow.
Using the setup/menu/cancel for 5 sec
then menu for 5 seconds under 'version' will show which .bin file is being used.

Naturally I would check myself but it's too damn cold tonight to go outside and check :)

tim-e
15-07-2008, 09:26 PM
> Any programmers out there

Yes. http://www.themixingbowl.org/image/smilies/tongue.gif

I'm of the understanding that the PC card slot is for Honda to dump diagnostic info, but, unlike most programmers, I'd be happy to be corrected. I would love nothing more than to pretty up the interface; Honda certainly didn't put much emphasis on aesthetics for this device we paid $3000 for. My mate's tomtom looks better, and has a hot English chick's voice. And the more recent ones show speed cameras.

Economic
15-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree. My Nokia 6110 Navigator looks better.. it shows all the street names, tilts up and down when your on hills etc. But the Nokia screen is somewhat tiny :) At least we get the calendar and calculator in the sat nav :)

VTECJimStar
15-07-2008, 09:50 PM
> Any programmers out there

Yes. http://www.themixingbowl.org/image/smilies/tongue.gif

I'm of the understanding that the PC card slot is for Honda to dump diagnostic info, but, unlike most programmers, I'd be happy to be corrected. I would love nothing more than to pretty up the interface; Honda certainly didn't put much emphasis on aesthetics for this device we paid $3000 for. My mate's tomtom looks better, and has a hot English chick's voice. And the more recent ones show speed cameras.

Ditto graphics are very basic, with very few street names displayed on the maps, very little of anything other than basic roads and rivers :-) luv to know if the new sat nav map display in the CU2 is any better. Wish someone could pretty up the interface..on the old CL9