PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Query???

typerdevil
16-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, i'm getting my exhaust fitted properly, because it sticks out too much, i have an BuddyClub Spec III Pro and i will see if theres anyway than chopping the tip, cause i want the buddy club tip to say it's buddyclub lol, i will probably have to tell the guys not to chop the muffler tip.....any suggestions? would be good now cause tomorrow morning my car goes in

People have told me to get a shorter cat to lessen the stick out, i don't know....

here's a video of my car and the exhaust problem.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_nEmP8a5E

bighaks
18-07-2008, 10:18 PM
sounds like u need to shorten your cat for the system is designed for jdm. this is the time to upgrade to a metalic sub straight cat.

Crapdaz
18-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey guys, i'm getting my exhaust fitted properly, because it sticks out too much, i have an BuddyClub Spec III Pro and i will see if theres anyway than chopping the tip, cause i want the buddy club tip to say it's buddyclub lol, i will probably have to tell the guys not to chop the muffler tip.....any suggestions? would be good now cause tomorrow morning my car goes in

People have told me to get a shorter cat to lessen the stick out, i don't know....

here's a video of my car and the exhaust problem.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_nEmP8a5E

when you look at the undercarriage is the exhaust hooks sitting in the right rubber brackets without excess friction from trying to reach?

from the top of my head
- shorter cat = possibility you may need to get reweld mounting points
- leave the cat = cut exhaust midpipe shorter and reweld it.
Else fails = Cut muffler tip OR Bend Tip to angle up and sideways a bit.

How far does your tip stick out by?

embrace
26-07-2008, 12:08 AM
- leave the cat = cut exhaust midpipe shorter and reweld it.

if i had the same prob id go for this. should only take the exhaust shop a couple minutes

neut
27-07-2008, 08:08 PM
ROFL that sticks out more than my powergetter HAHAHA, powergetters look hot ;)

typerdevil
28-07-2008, 05:39 PM
thanks for all your advice and laughs, but it's all fixed now.....