PDA

View Full Version : Overheating and hoses leaking...

DNY*BOY
16-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey fellaz jus got my license back today , took my beast out for a zip filled it and then took it out on d highway it overheated brought it home masive bubble in the lower radiator hose and the top ones leaking too hope i didnt do any damage. :eek:

mclovin
16-07-2008, 08:41 PM
how long since you drove it last? coolant does sludge up after a while and you may have a blocked radiator or other associated areas.

DNY*BOY
18-07-2008, 02:37 PM
3 month since its been driven radiators new , thermostats new , thermo switch is new it looks as if theres something thats not letting the water in or no tin all at once , could it be the head?

vinnY
18-07-2008, 02:57 PM
stuffed water pump? some sort of blockage? faulty new thermostat?

shadou
18-07-2008, 02:58 PM
if you installed all these parts did you at least do a flush while everything was out? That would've been the easiest method of telling if you've got a blockage in the head.

mclovin
18-07-2008, 05:28 PM
try replacing ur hoses and takin it for another drive. why did u have to replace the other parts?

mclovin
18-07-2008, 05:29 PM
or it could be the wrong thermostat

bennjamin
18-07-2008, 05:34 PM
since its hasnt been driven more than likely there is sediment in the coolant galleries somewhere , maybe in the bock or in the coolant system itself - rubber pipes or even thermostat.
IMO something is blocked up bad or even a slight compression leak in the headgasket area is "bubbling" coolant out

55EXX
18-07-2008, 07:08 PM
does your car blow out the coolant? like are you having to top it up all the time? does the temp get hot really fast when you accelerate hard low in the rev range? if so sound like a stuffed head gasket. try some chemiweld as a quick fix or replace the gasket for a proper job.

Limo
18-07-2008, 07:45 PM
try getting new hoses and bleed the system.i had this in my car a few months back, the hoses were farked as they were expanding to hold the pressure in ,so the radiator cap didnt open.

DNY*BOY
18-07-2008, 08:30 PM
i changed parts as my old radiator blew so i figured change it all , yea i installed everything buy the book im gettin gnew hoses tomorro, it doesnt blow out coolant it jus builds some serious presure and its almost lik the thermostat doesnt open , its definately the right on its a mugen one

DNY*BOY
18-07-2008, 08:32 PM
there could b the possibility of it being the water pump but then nothing would flow?

mclovin
18-07-2008, 08:33 PM
thermostat sounds like it aint opening. what temp rating is it compared to the original?

Boban
18-07-2008, 08:50 PM
take out the thermostat and go for a drive and see if it still blocks up

DNY*BOY
18-07-2008, 09:09 PM
it opens @ 77 compared to the norm of 92 , yep thermostats coming out tonight take it for a good squirt after that!

CER-15E
21-07-2008, 12:17 PM
hey i had the same problem bout 2 weeks ago.. i jst took it up to my mechanic.. and got them to do a check and a radiator flush out.. they put bout 70L of water through and it ended up being a coolant and mud blockage in one of the hoses so only a small amount of water was getting through.. you need to get it sorted out.. the longer u leave it and let it over heat ur more likely to ruin the head gasket.. just take it up to your mechanic or the closest one to you and ask them to flush out your radiator and check all your hoses..it will fix the problem right up and if not..they will be able to tell u the exact problem :) hope that helps :)