PDA

View Full Version : Radiator swap EK9

17-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Howdy all...
I have an EK9 here that I am preping for track work.
The engine is unopened and internally standard B16B at the moment with nothing more than CAI, 4 into 1's and a 2.5" straight through exhaust system.
Plan is to leave it this way for a while.
Question to those with track experience with the EK.Will the standard radiator cool adequately under constant 9000rpm abuse? If I need to upgrade should I look at the integra style of radiator that covers the entire front opening?
All advice, even general, appreciated.

Cheers Greg..

fatboyz39
17-07-2008, 07:54 PM
As long as the radiator is cleaned and 100% flwoing then you'll have no problems.

Chris S15
20-07-2008, 06:37 PM
if the EK9 is being used purely for track, i would suggest an aluminium radiator and lower temp thermo. means the thermo will open sooner and the radiator will cool more efficiently.

Oil temps in these engines also get very hot even after a few hard laps, especially at constant 9,000rpm abuse. I would also suggest an oil cooler with an inline thermo. The oil cooler will keep the oil temperature steady even under several hard laps at top rpm. The oil thermo opens at 80 degress, which is entering optimal oil operating temperature, and when it goes over 80, opens up the lines to the oil cooler and...well, you get the picture.

BlitZ
20-07-2008, 07:38 PM
if the EK9 is being used purely for track, i would suggest an ... lower temp thermo.

why would u want it to open sooner? its not like your thermo wont open at operating temp?
-------------------------------------------------

you std radiator will suffice....

dshma
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
dont see any problem with stock radiator that comes with it...

the b16b was designed to be abused anyway ...

however if budget allows... an alu rad doesnt hurt...