PDA

View Full Version : Honda FR-V

7th Gen
22-09-2004, 06:30 PM
The FR-V will come with a choice of three engines including one diesel unit. The two petrol engines will be Honda's 1.7-litre VTec and 2-litre i-VTec units. The turbo-diesel engine will be a 2.2-litre with a power output of 103kW and 340Nm of torque.

http://cardesignnews.com/news/2004/040714whats-new/index.html#honda-frv

World debut at Paris Motor Show, starts 23rd Sept

carbine
24-09-2004, 12:14 PM
honda diesel y0

awesome.

Faiz
24-09-2004, 03:19 PM
is it gona be released here in aus?

A'PEXi
24-09-2004, 04:46 PM
yeh i think it is going to be realsed in aus....

7th Gen
24-09-2004, 05:38 PM
too many 'soft' 4wd's in the aust market for my liking, if released here maybe it will cannabalise CR-V sales

aus doesn't even get the weird looking honda element (USDM)

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I think it is a bucket. Why the f$#@ can't we get the Acura TL???

"Few sedans combine innovative technology and high performance with such landmark precision as the 2005 Acura TL. The 270-horsepower, 3.2-liter TL is an advanced study in both, from its powerful 24-valve, VTEC® engine and 4-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension system, to an impressive console of sophisticated amenities, including Bluetooth™ wireless cell phone technology and Acura/ELS™ Premium 8-speaker Surround-Sound System with DVD-Audio. As with all Acura models, luxury and performance add up to miles of extreme exhilaration. "

I couldn't give a crap about some poofta people mover, give us cars that we can drive. Honda has them, just not in Australia.

7th Gen
24-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I think it is a bucket. Why the f$#@ can't we get the Acura TL???

"Few sedans combine innovative technology and high performance with such landmark precision as the 2005 Acura TL. The 270-horsepower, 3.2-liter TL is an advanced study in both, from its powerful 24-valve, VTEC® engine and 4-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension system, to an impressive console of sophisticated amenities, including Bluetooth™ wireless cell phone technology and Acura/ELS™ Premium 8-speaker Surround-Sound System with DVD-Audio. As with all Acura models, luxury and performance add up to miles of extreme exhilaration. "

I couldn't give a crap about some poofta people mover, give us cars that we can drive. Honda has them, just not in Australia.

'bucket' hahahahaha - that's a good one
well since soft 4WD's are selling like crazy, not just here but all over the world, Honda Aus have to at least consider it?

there was talk before about introducing Acura to Aus, it will take a while though to establish the brand

what you say about 'giving us cars that we can drive' - well, you echo the sentiments of a lot of people on this board - being lumped with second rate Type R's etc. this topic has been debated to the death. the importer will bring what they think will sell here, it's just economies of scale

we can just wish for JDM or whatever it is that we want :D

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 08:56 PM
I totally agree with you, but would you buy one? Not me. This country sucks. I want a choice of a good car. The jazz is crap, the integra is soft, the civic is slow, and that is just honda. Toyota has way more cooler cars, but have we got access to them??? No.

I wish we could import what ever car we wanted. then, Ford and Holden might lift their game.

As for acura in Australia, just rebadge them as Honda's. Simple.

7th Gen
24-09-2004, 09:06 PM
no, i am very anti-4WD, especially in the city and surburban areas

all the 'hot' stuff is inaccessible to us here in aus, the manufacturers won't bring it in so it's up to us if we wish to mod our cars etc - don't kid yourself that toyota put a 'sportivo' badge on their cars and it's supposed to mean high performance :D :D yeh right

acuras badged as hondas, hmm, interesting. acura is pretty much a US-only brand, even in japan it is not called acura. i don't think the TL is even available in japan

anyway, at the risk of going off-topic, yeh. a pretty quiet motor show for honda with just the (bucket) FR-V and the CR-V diesel

let's hope there's a good showing from honda at the sydney motor show (although i'm not holding my breath) - facelifted DC5?

skoota
24-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Yay - another bulls**t ppl mover and crappy addition to the already dwindling Honda lineup here in Aus. They've screwed up the Civics, ruinning the Integras, got rid of the Preludes, introduced CRV's, MDX's, Odyssey, Jazz etc... why not add another "bucket" to the collection. :thumbdwn:

**Ghost**
25-09-2004, 09:41 PM
hahaha one day we may be like the Mini Cooper Club...all ppl drive the old models and no one drives the new models

either dat or we will be forced to defect to mazda or something