PDA

View Full Version : PERTH_EURO gets hit

PERTH_EURO
22-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Well yesterday while stationary at a set of lights in Bentley the Euro was struck from behind by a mazda 626. Was driven by an old guy travelling at about 20-30km/hr, under full brake lockup.
Fortunaltley i was In neutral and foot off brake so alot of the energy was consumed in me getting pushed 3m or so forward into the intersection

Damage looks nasty, but maybe its luck, or good design by our freinds at honda :honda: , but there is no panel damage at all. There appears to be no sub frame damage either. (Will see tho)
Sure the bumper and bodykit are ruiened, but no creases in any metal at all.
His insurance will be paying for the whole lot, which will be exspensive but no big deal i hope.

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/3633/IMG_2405small.jpg

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/483/IMG_2406small.jpg

http://img82.exs.cx/img82/8732/IMG_2413small.jpg

yfin
22-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Bad luck dude - that is nasty. :(

We should have a tipping competition as to what the damage is worth!? The closest person wins!

My tip $6238

PERTH_EURO
22-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Shit... really... will let you guys know what the bill is!!

yfin
22-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Shit... really... will let you guys know what the bill is!!

Hey it was just a guess based on previous experience from people hitting my car (not the Euro - my old car). At that speed I tip some panel damage from inside the boot (remove carpet and take a look). The bumper will be expensive ($1000+ and then you have the underspoiler, etc). I imagine the bumper does not come pre-painted so add paint. Add labour and you are into $4k plus range...

EuroAccord13
22-09-2004, 07:08 PM
DANG! At least you're ok dude... Looks like the reinforcement bars might be damaged too and that costs a fair bit...

Also from the pic, it looks like your boot might have suffered abit of a shock too...

Hope everything goes smoothly for ya dude...

razaman
22-09-2004, 07:18 PM
That really sucks man!!

I was hoping you weren't going to have any pics. :(

Your car has graced my desktop for weeks now....

Good luck on the repairs.

Raz

snowman95
22-09-2004, 07:22 PM
ah bugger

Pum[Z]
22-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Sorri to hear about the car dude.. As long as its only the bumper, she will be allright....

baboo
22-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear man!

The Euro's bumper is one huge mama, looks like it took all the hit.

Hopefully your Euro can be fixed up very soon!

By the way, you said you are running illegal rims on the other thread, would that affect anything? lets hope not, It wasn't your fault anyway.

PERTH_EURO
22-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear man!

The Euro's bumper is one huge mama, looks like it took all the hit.

Hopefully your Euro can be fixed up very soon!

By the way, you said you are running illegal rims on the other thread, would that affect anything? lets hope not, It wasn't your fault anyway.

The bumber has taken it really well

It will be fixed very soon, it was in the shop 4 hrs after crash :)

Hopefully the rims is no issue. They are listed on my policy and had no bearing on the incident. Will see, ..... good point tho!!

ECU-MAN
22-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Dam, thats nasty, Glad your OK and didnt get t-boned when pushed into the intersection.
I have no idea how much it would cost to repair but I tip $2760.34

euro77
22-09-2004, 11:44 PM
bad luck about the hit man.... darn that looks bad, hopefully it's just the bumper.

toE
23-09-2004, 12:47 AM
far out!

Glad you're okay tho.

i tip 2500 :p

EuroSip
23-09-2004, 12:56 AM
I would say around 3000 if there is no serious damage to the car....

I was rear ended when i just had mine for like a month and took the whole front bumper off an mirage...although it made a tiny dint in the body kit of my car.....i guess these euros are built quite tough huh ^^

but yeah...that looks bad...glad you didn't get hurt!! when i got hit...all the change flew out of the change box!!

coladuna
23-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Bad luck mate. Just proves how many idiots are on our roads. It's never a good feeling to get in an accident even if it doesn't cost you anything to fix it. At least he's got insurance to pay for the damange. When an old granny crashed into my previous car, she didn't even have insurance which made it such a PITA, although I got the money in the end. My guess is around $3500.

A'PEXi
23-09-2004, 09:52 AM
that sucks mate..... at least he is paying for it..... be sure to post some pics when its all fixed up, im sure it will look as good as new :D

PERTH_EURO
23-09-2004, 10:57 AM
hahaha Higher..... Lower LOL, its like the price is right. PMSL

blueeuro
23-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Oouch !!

What happened was the other peanut asleep ?

Dominik
23-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Yeah, that sux mate! But like the others have said, luckily he was insured.

Actually, i've always wondered what would happen to shitboxes like 626s in the event of an accident. I mean even minor panel damage would cost more to fix than buying another shitbox. Or if they are fixed, do they just spray it with a spraycan? coz there aint no use painting one panel nicely when the rest are stained and faded....

Edit: My tip is 2870...

viperx
23-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Bad luck mate....

My tip is $3200 :)

carbine
23-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Im not sure, but it might be a better idea to move your car before you get out and take photos? The other week someone rear ended a person and they both stopped in the middle lane of the fwy!

aaronng
23-09-2004, 02:04 PM
From the photos, I think he was already on the innermost lane.

I feel your pain.... That bumper did its job. May it rest knowing that it sacrificed itself to save an Euro....

PERTH_EURO
23-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Im not sure, but it might be a better idea to move your car before you get out and take photos? The other week someone rear ended a person and they both stopped in the middle lane of the fwy!

The photos where takin straight after the bump. The light was intially red anyway, so i could not drive anywhere. I wanted piccies straight up incase of any insurance issues, piccy is a 1000 words.

All up we were there for maybe a min if that, then drove down next side street to swap details!

But thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

redliner
23-09-2004, 02:30 PM
i say 2500... wat do we win :)

Euro_Boy
23-09-2004, 02:46 PM
just quickly, my condelences... your euro looks hot with them wheels... i think the guy (or his insurance company) will be up for between 1.5 - 2g's to replace, fit, prep and paint the bumper... hard to say if theres any other damage or costs... doesnt seem so..

are they 18inch wheels? i wanna get 19z which are illegal (both police and insurance speaking) and with 35 profile on sydney roads.. hmmmmm.. ive been told 18 is the way to go to combat all of the previous objections... sorry im getting off the topic...

Spoon-Accord
23-09-2004, 03:00 PM
man... i feel for yah..
if i saw that on my car.. i'd be in tears..
:(

take care man..
Ken

PERTH_EURO
23-09-2004, 04:19 PM
thanks guys

Lets just hope the repairer does a good job, and there is no hastle.

Spoon dude check out this thread about rims n tyres

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9148&page=1&pp=12

VirIIx
23-09-2004, 08:42 PM
aww man that really hurts :(

I've dodged and missed a few people the last few weeks..

But i hopw there's no real big damage!

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey timbo, looks like the perfect time for that mugen bodykit :D

You can hook them up at carquest in perth for $1500. They said about $1000 to paint. I would ask for cash, but I don't think they do that.

PERTH_EURO
24-09-2004, 09:46 PM
hmmmm **** twiddles fingers *** haha nah ill just go oem again.

PERTH_EURO
27-09-2004, 06:15 PM
$3500 - $4000 at this stage

Not including the cost of stereo de-install, a hire car, and the stereo re-install.

Outta action for 2 weeks, may be some issues with alignment of rear 1/4 panel too.

:(

Type R Positive
27-09-2004, 06:40 PM
That sucks man, I'd be shattered.

On the up side, congrats, you got your first scratch :D :D :D :D

VTEChnique
27-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Timbo - that Sucks man !1 I'd be sooo dark if someone crashed into my NEW car.. I mean a 2nd hand car is bad enough - but I mean your Euro is no longer a virgin so to speak.. ohh well honda's repair-up very well.. 2 weeks though ? where you getting it done ? even when I had a head-on I got my car BACK within 7 days of the crash - and that included panels from Japan..

BAN LOW-PERFORMANCE DRIVERS NOT HIGH-PERFORMANCE CARS !!

by the way - sunday October 10th will be the VTEChnique / Hot 4's Club Feature photoshoot.. so try to get her back by then if you can.. but you prob be up north I guess.. LEt me know..

PERTH_EURO
27-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Im down for sure then. That is my next break.
I do have stuff planned for that sunday but let me know, ill pop down and have a sticky beak!!

Hopefully car will be back.
I think that 2 weeks is a bit of an over-estimate on the repairers behalf.... see how things go!!.

bigdongers
27-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Not including the cost of stereo de-install, a hire car, and the stereo re-install

Just wondering why they need to de-install your stereo first before the repair? is this just to prevent theft? Surely the stereo doesnt affect your bumper in anyway.

PERTH_EURO
27-09-2004, 11:51 PM
the thoery was the custom sub enclosurer in the sparetyre well would need to be removed to access the lower part of the boot. The "beaver panel" the panel shop called it.
This may help:
http://teamintegrated.org/Ti/cruises/5thcruise/page2/images/Ti5thcruise%20153.jpg

Turns out they just removed some bits n peices however and that was cool.
Still 3 hrs worth of audio shop time i aint payin for.

Just hope they do a good body repair

-h2n-
28-09-2004, 11:42 PM
dude... sorry about your car... i'm so sorry that i will share a useful tip with you...

try putting some heavy duty duct tape underneath your front bumper. duct tape comes in various colours so just match to the colour of your car...

yea... i know it wouldn't have helped in this case... but it does help with all those encounters with driveways, car park ramps, kerb and sleepers... especially for people with a body kit and lowered suspension. if a hit or scrape does occur, just patch up with more masking tape and ready to go again!!!

okok so this "mod" may be getting a little carried away ... but dude i got the same car as you and i love it heaps so i don't care!!:o :o

PERTH_EURO
13-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Car is back.

Absolutley top job.

Will happily recomend Como Panel and Paint, Como WA
Stereo is getting re-installed now, and then its show time PAS 04

ECU-MAN
13-10-2004, 09:15 PM
good stuff, :thumbsup:

PERTH_EURO
26-10-2004, 05:05 PM
top job turned out to be not to my liking a week later

Is back in panel beaters for last 2 days. Had better be ready for PAS

Type R Positive
26-10-2004, 05:15 PM
What's wrong with it man? Get them to take your wing off if you don't wan't it. Now is the perfect time.

Your lucky, you get to go to PAS! I'm not allowed. It'll probably be jan before I go down now. Mates wedding at burswood to get plastered at!

PERTH_EURO
26-10-2004, 07:45 PM
just got car back again.
still not happy. The ass end repairs are spot on. No worries at all.
Its the front 1/4 panel where i damaged that is not right.
There is dust under clear coat (inexcusable in my books), and colour match is not right, but ill hold judgement on this till tommorow, under different light

They are happy to fix it, but fuk get it right the first time, not the third.

Type R Positive
26-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Bastards! I think they failed to realize that we Euro owners love our cars and will do anything to preserve the image of such a great car. What they have done is unforgivable. I would have done the same man.