PDA

View Full Version : Smallest Radiator???

95civic
19-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Hello all,

Im looking for some advice as to what is the smallest radiator I can run on my D15 Duel Carb. I have some Karting radiators lying around, but they have been used on 125 karts and did a great job. They are less than 1/2 the size of a standard radiator, would they work? I really dont have much room at all for these in the engine bay or the front of the car due to the headders so am looking for something small that wil get the job done.

Any ideas????

trism
20-07-2008, 12:12 AM
most people with large headers just run half sized radiators, specifically for teh job

i cant see a rad designed for a 125cc go kart being much good for a 1500cc car

bennjamin
20-07-2008, 08:53 PM
the optimum sized radiator for normal use is the oem sized radiator. bigger isnt such an advantage but any smaller and you will run into cooling issues. just leave it stock

95civic
21-07-2008, 07:37 PM
the optimum sized radiator for normal use is the oem sized radiator. bigger isnt such an advantage but any smaller and you will run into cooling issues. just leave it stock

Thanks ben, but im not sure I have enough room to run the oem one at the frount of the car... If worst comes to worst i may have to run it elsewhere... That why i was asking about smaller ones...

nd55
21-07-2008, 11:01 PM
What ever Ben said x2.

Just a bit of trivia which might be helpful, EK manual civics have a single core radiator, EK auto civics have a dual core radiator.

I assume EG's are similar and it's OEM.

Nick.

95civic
22-07-2008, 12:48 PM
If I have to use the stock radiator I may have to put it inside the car... I am limited by the room behind the front vent... Possibly a long thin one will fit... The headders that we are making will go down over the front of the cross member...
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/toshracing/IMGP5289.jpg

trism
22-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Why the need for such big headers

JohnL
24-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Just take the rad off completely and turn the heater on...

I'm only half joking, my mates EG runs at correct temp all the time, except when the heater is turned on the guage nose dives. It's rather strange, we've checked the thermostat and it works perfectly. We're at a bit of a loss as to why using the heater causes this to happen...?

90LAN
24-07-2008, 07:50 AM
get a custom rad with a thicker core to fit on the left hand side
that looks like where u have the most room