PDA

View Full Version : idle problem

crazyazn
21-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey guys got a 2001 Vti-R coupe and recently the idle has been really low when starting. It also plays up now whilst driving and im finding that the car is stalling at the lights. Possible IAC valve issue or idle speed motor issue?

Had it compression tested and the rings are also gone on the car and its slowly eating more oil. Could this relate to the idle issue?

Im gonna rebuild the engine with a TODA 1.8 kit and bore it out as well as port and polish soon anyway. I just want to know if i need to spend money on fixing the idle whilst im at it.

Thanks guys any help would be appreciated.

george9888
21-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey guys got a 2001 Vti-R coupe and recently the idle has been really low when starting. It also plays up now whilst driving and im finding that the car is stalling at the lights. Possible IAC valve issue or idle speed motor issue?

Had it compression tested and the rings are also gone on the car and its slowly eating more oil. Could this relate to the idle issue?

Im gonna rebuild the engine with a TODA 1.8 kit and bore it out as well as port and polish soon anyway. I just want to know if i need to spend money on fixing the idle whilst im at it.

Thanks guys any help would be appreciated.

Hey, i had a similar problem on a civic 03 gli. the engine light came up and honda diagnosed it as a Idle Control Valve is gone. That is why you are getting the idling problem. Cost around 600 to replace. Hope this helps.

crazyazn
23-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah thanks i thiought that this may be the problem. I also went to revzone and they said that because the rings are so worn that oil is getting onto the spark plugs causing funny idle. I just gotta clean them every couple of days and that should help!