PDA

View Full Version : 4agze sc in accord 87

luke_89
21-07-2008, 05:13 PM
hi guys just wondering how much work would be involved to install a 4agze sc into a non vtec 87 accord im wanting only run low psi around 6 or so nothing to heavy. just wondering is it as easy as bolting it all in hooking up the pipes and belts and away you go or is there alot more and alot more cost to it. if so some ideas would be good of what id need to do thanks
Luke

SiReal
21-07-2008, 05:15 PM
there is too much to do. too much fabrication work involved. sounds like ur trying to get this done on a budget, in this case, it won't be a budget job at all.

Riviera
21-07-2008, 06:20 PM
ummmmm broski

mounts will be in slightly different spots
gearbox might not fit
shift linkages will be wrong length maybe
wiring loom exchange
driveshafts wrong length
sussy wrong

mightaswell buy a full front cut and cut the front off the accord
weld the 4AGZE front cut on lol

i gota CD5 front cut now since its written off
those are near bolt in... i was thinking about putitng it in my
88 accord...

whats more inviting to do that is that my white accord siezed up today lol
luck is definatly not there for me at this stage....

luke_89
22-07-2008, 01:30 AM
thanks guys i will prob give it a miss cant really be bothered and to only be pulling around 6psi way to much work.

riviera i was susing that out actualy i was like dad do u recon i could it after a few people comment on doing this but i dont have the engine and everythnig else to do it u so should man sleeper 88 id be jealous

Riviera
22-07-2008, 07:23 PM
ur chasis is in better condition than mine man should use yours lol

my 88 accord has had an accident before too lol

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-07-2008, 07:25 PM
As above it IMO wont be worth it (might aswell go K or B18 or something)

luke_89
23-07-2008, 12:48 AM
yeh no more sc atm i just really need a car as im making my mum have to catch the train and buses to work so i can get to uni in her car feel sorry for her so i really need my car back! but how hard do you recon it would be to convert as in put a accord vtech engine in? i was told all gauges and everything would be out and there is allot of work involved in doing the conversion if i had a half cut how hard would it be and whats involved? and how long do you reckon it would take?

and riviera man i know how u feel i failed 3 out of 4 subject lost my license good behavior now and had my Honda basically die and the galant i was using until i had my Honda fixed seize while getting on the high way and lost my job so luck ain't been with me much either

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-07-2008, 01:06 AM
but how hard do you recon it would be to convert as in put a accord vtech engine in? i was told all gauges and everything would be out and there is allot of work involved in doing the conversion if i had a half cut how hard would it be and whats involved? and how long do you reckon it would take?

Ok

Depending on what engine you want to put in (lets say a b18 because im unsure of which specific accord engine you are talking about) you will need to buy (to make it quick and simple)

-Hasport Mounts, Axles, conversion wiring (can buy this from hasport or wire everything up yourself) and most likely a shift linkage but you can probably use a ED linkage once again depending on the engine and GBOX

Here is a package you can buy take note its for the civics but i think it should be the same http://www.hasport.com/products/mount_kits/avb1.htm (Confirm with hasport)

I believe the accords would use the civic mounts but its better to contact Hasport or whichever company you go with before ordering

You most likely will need a VSS cluster so depending on how lucky you are you may already have that (but worst case senario you need a integra cluster and you convert your current ones to run the VSS system)

If you have a complete half cut that will make things alot easier and you can probably use alot of the stuff from the half cut (and modify it to work with your car) instead of needing to buy it from hasport

As for how long its like asking how long a piece of string is

IMO If atm you have everything you need now and have all the necessary tools etc etc it can be done in a week

luke_89
23-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Ok

Depending on what engine you want to put in (lets say a b18 because im unsure of which specific accord engine you are talking about) you will need to buy (to make it quick and simple)

-Hasport Mounts, Axles, conversion wiring (can buy this from hasport or wire everything up yourself) and most likely a shift linkage but you can probably use a ED linkage once again depending on the engine and GBOX

Here is a package you can buy take note its for the civics but i think it should be the same http://www.hasport.com/products/mount_kits/avb1.htm (Confirm with hasport)

I believe the accords would use the civic mounts but its better to contact Hasport or whichever company you go with before ordering

You most likely will need a VSS cluster so depending on how lucky you are you may already have that (but worst case senario you need a integra cluster and you convert your current ones to run the VSS system)

If you have a complete half cut that will make things alot easier and you can probably use alot of the stuff from the half cut (and modify it to work with your car) instead of needing to buy it from hasport

As for how long its like asking how long a piece of string is

IMO If atm you have everything you need now and have all the necessary tools etc etc it can be done in a week

thanks alot for that looks really tempting and its not to exspensive to do either so depending on the price another option i was looking at was the the 87 preludes they r a 2.3 bit of an upgrade from the 2L but not sure if they would bolt straight in if they did would be something to look at as well thanks luke

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-07-2008, 01:31 AM
another option i was looking at was the the 87 preludes they r a 2.3 bit of an upgrade from the 2L

IMO i think that would be your best at current and bang for budget (or atleast use that up untill you have a bigger flow of $$$)

The Prelude engines might be direct bolt in but i wouldnt give it a complete thumbs up

Better to give the local wreckers a call or ask a few 2G Prelude forums however knowing honda if its not direct bolt on it will be close and only need some rails or something added/taken away

Anyway good luck luke :)

Mooks79
18-08-2008, 09:53 PM
u should of give it ago......... new project.... toyota engine in a honda......

AE092
18-08-2008, 11:06 PM
you should see the 2JZ with a big turbo strapped to the side of it... in a Honda S2K.

luke_89, not worth it. The 4AGZE would need too much fabrication to get it to suit. Would cost alot of money as well

SHOGUNOVDDRK
19-08-2008, 12:50 PM
you should see the 2JZ with a big turbo strapped to the side of it... in a Honda S2K.

....so that F20C fitted Hachi must have had a 2JZ before aye? :p

JasonGilholme
19-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Buy a ford laser and stop spongin off ya mum damn it!

Then you can think about doin crazy conversions and shit.

Feverpitched
19-08-2008, 02:02 PM
hi guys just wondering how much work would be involved to install a 4agze sc into a non vtec 87 accord im wanting only run low psi around 6 or so nothing to heavy. just wondering is it as easy as bolting it all in hooking up the pipes and belts and away you go or is there alot more and alot more cost to it. if so some ideas would be good of what id need to do thanks
Luke

I don't follow. Did you want the whole 4AJIZZY engine, or just the SC12 supercharger? Just strapping the SC12 to the original engine might be possible if you can weld...

Mooks79
19-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Buy a ford laser and stop spongin off ya mum damn it!

Then you can think about doin crazy conversions and shit.

hehhehehe trueee......aiiiii

if theere got rich parents y nott ......