PDA

View Full Version : Air Vent, Front Passenger Side Wheel Arch

tpphan
21-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Has anyone noticed an Air Vent on the front wheel arch, passenger side? It sit behind the resonator. Seems only Euro's 06+ have it.

Any ideas if water can get it? and if anyone has installed a CAI down there with those vents?

It seems like its designed so water can't get in, but with high speeds, who knows.

Thanks!

akina
21-07-2008, 08:11 PM
i have that air vent and also have installed a CAI

ive had it installed for almost a year now and so far i have not had any problems and hope i never will.

i just drive slower in the rain and avoid puddles at all times!

tpphan
21-07-2008, 08:18 PM
i have that air vent and also have installed a CAI

ive had it installed for almost a year now and so far i have not had any problems and hope i never will.

i just drive slower in the rain and avoid puddles at all times!

Do you use a hydroshield?

Crapdaz
21-07-2008, 08:57 PM
just note hydroshield really doesnt stop alot of water as i've tried splashing water.

It only stops droplets.

Anyways the euro guards and panels underneath even with spirited driving it manages to keep the pod relatively dry.

akina
21-07-2008, 08:58 PM
no, i dont.
but i have been planning to get one in the near future just in case.
i have been afraid of this air vent before too... but it doesn't seem like its such a big problem.

tpphan
21-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Thats good to hear. Its a pain in the ass. Does anyone know what it is actually there for?

It can't be the for the stock intake, as that sits next to the battery.

Crapdaz
21-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Thats good to hear. Its a pain in the ass. Does anyone know what it is actually there for?

It can't be the for the stock intake, as that sits next to the battery.

are the 06+ euros design of the resonator still feeding air from the engine bay ? if yes.

then the air vent might be aerodynamics, for better flow.

davey
21-07-2008, 09:53 PM
sorry just off topic a little, but do you guys think its worth removing the resonator? does it make a huge difference in induction noise?

Crapdaz
21-07-2008, 10:17 PM
sorry just off topic a little, but do you guys think its worth removing the resonator? does it make a huge difference in induction noise?
well it can lighten your car say 500g
compared to having it yes you can notice it sounds a bit rougher whilst in motion but not overly loud, and its rough similiar to SRI vibration wise.

power_of_dreams
21-07-2008, 10:19 PM
possibly direct air to brakes?

tpphan
22-07-2008, 10:32 AM
possibly direct air to brakes?

Can't be for the brakes, as it is only on one side.

felixd
22-07-2008, 12:41 PM
well its there for a purpose :)
eg CAI mods ,HONDA know what we r up to :p

BiLL|z0r
22-07-2008, 06:42 PM

I did and just much nicer without being noticable amoung other drivers (hence police). Thottle response seems a bit better too and vtec is a little more noticeable. Worthwhile as a free mod as it's only a bit of your time.