PDA

View Full Version : Headlights on Euros

EuroSip
23-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey, are the headlights on the euro lux xenon or something else...

and also...i don't know if it's just my car or it happens to everyone elses...but for those with the euro lux...when you first turn on the lights...is it extremely blue to you...and then gradually goes to bright white... because i tried Beemer's xenons and they go to their normal colours straight off....

euro77
23-09-2004, 08:23 AM
the headlights on euro lux is HID, and I believe it is xenon. Maybe it just need to reach a certain temperature.

aaronng
23-09-2004, 02:06 PM
HIDs are bluish when cool. Good thing that the Euro's HID goes to white when warm. Those new Mercedes C-class have very blue HIDs that are so irritating!

Euro_Boy
23-09-2004, 02:44 PM
xenon lights are the way of the future.... and if they arent.. they should be

Pum[Z]
23-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Yeah The Euro Lux uses High Intensity Discharge Lamps. They do look cool because of its blueish/White Glare... But the only thing is that its High Beam is not HID as well... Its normal bulbs.

I Have rarely seen cars with HID High Beams as well. Probably only seen them on Really expensive cars like Top of the Range Bmers and Mercs.

I think the Mercs have a higher Temperture for their lights that is why they are so blue...

VirIIx
23-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Ahh my HID's don't take too long to go bright, only 10-20 secs on a really cold winter's day, I just like watching them get brighter :) My friends think my hi-beams are bright enough, i'd beg to differ.

Tho i would like to change the parker lights that's for sure, and probably hi-beams later on.

coladuna
24-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Well, you hardly use high beam which is a good thing.

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Well, you hardly use high beam which is a good thing.

I do!

I have the base model, but I will be getting HID kit for high and low beams. HID on high beam is awesome, just the same as spotlights!

I have seen HID kits from $300 to over $1000.

Blue lights are cool! you can get purple ones as well. It is just the temperature range of the bulb.

PERTH_EURO
24-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Matt , you need all the lights you can get up there buddy!!

Money well spent!!!

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 10:27 PM
I just have to save!

Theres the bodykit, mags and tyres, coilovers/springs, camber kit, tinting, stereo system, K&N typhoon intake kit, and HID kits.

So many things, so little money, so far away from Perth........

PERTH_EURO
25-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Alll that would be spare change wouldnt it? ;) :p

Well if ya need parts picked up and sent up i can help out :thumbsup:

EuroAccord13
25-09-2004, 01:11 PM
I do!

I have the base model, but I will be getting HID kit for high and low beams. HID on high beam is awesome, just the same as spotlights!

I have seen HID kits from $300 to over $1000.

Blue lights are cool! you can get purple ones as well. It is just the temperature range of the bulb.

Why would you want HID for your high beams? HID takes time to light up to it's maximum brightness and HID don't really like the constant on/off if you flash people.. Except for the H4s..

PERTH_EURO
25-09-2004, 04:19 PM
EuroAccord13

more than likely cause where Matt lives is in the middle of nowhere (and a shithole LOL) and to be driving anywhere at night your high beam will be cranking for ages!

Even from his work to home, is a country drive (although I hope he doesnt park the Euro out the front of the plant :( )

Lots of bad ass Kangaroos as well

EuroAccord13
25-09-2004, 06:32 PM
EuroAccord13

more than likely cause where Matt lives is in the middle of nowhere (and a shithole LOL) and to be driving anywhere at night your high beam will be cranking for ages!

Even from his work to home, is a country drive (although I hope he doesnt park the Euro out the front of the plant :( )

Lots of bad ass Kangaroos as well

Ok.. That makes more sense to have HID :)... Then throw in a couple of foggies too like the rally cars :D

Type R Positive
25-09-2004, 09:31 PM
yeah guys, I don't drive the honda to work.... NO WAY!!!! I am banashed to the pulsar.
The GF looks after the Euro, but I have all the time off in the world on days off to cruize around this one horse town. The kangaroos are not that big up this way, too dry. There is still heaps of them, as well as the cattle and sheep.

It is about a 18kms to work from town, along the highway. I would get spotties, but it would look like those rednecks with their commodore utes. HID for me!

Hey timbo, just orginizing holidays now mate.......

PERTH_EURO
25-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey timbo, just orginizing holidays now mate.......

hell yeah, have to organise other perth euro peeps for a cruise.
Bet ya ill be away at work when ur down

PAS is on end oct, should come down then :thumbsup: