PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

MAA
22-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Bought this car with halo headlights but the globes are really bad have very little visibility at night.
Do i have to remove the whole headlight to change the globes? Someone suggested just removing the lense but that didnt work.
And are the globes the same as the BMW globes?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g48/moustafa_awada/good-2.jpg

Cheers

vampzzz
22-07-2008, 02:03 PM
You don't have to completely take the headlights off, just move them so you can get to the bulbs to replace them. Just remove the screws holding the headlight, I think they're are about 4 screws if I remember correctly, 2 when you open the bonnet, 1 to the side near the fenders and 1 more near the front bumper. The bulbs you'll need are H1 bulbs.

I hope this helps.

02gzm
22-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Are you talking about the bulb or the halo ring itself?

CER-15E
22-07-2008, 05:23 PM
you dont need to take off the head light...jst the plugs at the back.. the drivers side is easy... but you need to move to cylinder of windscreen wash and theres another one too.. so that u can get it easier... jsut unclip them and move them so you can get your hand in... or get a girl to do it.. smaller hands :)

55EXX
22-07-2008, 07:38 PM
i used to have to take out my head light to change the bulbs. too much in the way! easier to undo the top ofmy bumper pop it out change the bulb pop it back in. i used narva artic blue bulbs in my ek with those style headlights and i was fine.

MAA
23-07-2008, 03:27 AM
Im talking about the bulb not the halo ring.
I cant just unplug them from the back cuz theres things in the way like my air intake pipe.
So are the bulbs called H1 bulbs? can i get them from super cheap auto etc?

cheers

vampzzz
23-07-2008, 04:18 AM
yeah they're H1 bulbs, I'm pretty sure because I used to have angel headlights as well. Just double check by taking the bulb out first and there should be a print on it saying what type of bulb it is. Look for the Phillips Diamond Vision or something at Super Cheap Auto or at Autobarn.

christmas
23-07-2008, 11:59 AM
And when you put them in only handle them by the base.
The oil on your fingers can cause them to over heat and shatter.
If you do get your grubby mitts on them clean them with metho and a clean lint free cloth.

mugen24
23-07-2008, 09:54 PM
i had few aftermarket headlights on b4 on my few different cars. what i found is all of those aftermarket ones are not as good as the factory one (even a older one) in the visibility. if you want some good lookin...u better get some more good quality one which means u may need to pay more...otherwise, i think just stay in the factory one, that will make you driving more safety.

Mikey Coupe
23-07-2008, 10:17 PM
i just recently bought a set of angel eyes, and i find just pulling the rubber seal off from behind the bulb you wanna change and unclipping the headlight works fine. the only thing i had to move was the bottle for the power steering fluid.
i also wanna change my bulbs in mine, but i wanna go the HID kit. the only thing is that i have h1 and h3 bulbs, the they are both powered off the same h4 plug. so wat do i need to do with that?

MAA
25-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeh i know not to touch the bulbs cheers christmas
thanks for all ur help guys