PDA

View Full Version : eg civic clear plastic bezel cover removal

honda25
22-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello,

i need some help. i am attempting to put a chrome bezel in my eg civic cluster. i have removed the cluster no worries, and pulled the tip of the odometer reset stick off. and i have unclipped the bezel assembly from the gauge cluster.
so now i am left with the clear plastic cover attached to the black bezel. this is my drama

how do i remove the clear plastic face from the bezel??? as it seems to be glued on.

????????

any help would be great

thanks guys and gals

GRU53M
22-07-2008, 07:42 PM
i used a thin flat head screwdriver & slowly pried it open (doesn't take much) then removed all traces of the glue before i put the chrome bezel on mine. then install the bezel then used a small amount of super glue to glue it back on, then re installed it.

Sexc86
23-07-2008, 12:53 PM
the clear plastic cover is clipped all around the surrout. you need to push them down and force them out. But also do them all slowly a little bit each at a time.

GRU53M
23-07-2008, 04:55 PM
the clear plastic cover is clipped all around the surrout. you need to push them down and force them out. But also do them all slowly a little bit each at a time.

The cover for a EG civic is different to your CRX man.

Sexc86
23-07-2008, 05:46 PM
lol man i own a eg.. i have never owned a crx

GRU53M
23-07-2008, 06:24 PM
ok my bad, but the MY EG cluster doesn't have clips.

kairi_k
24-07-2008, 03:06 AM
yeah from what i remember the clear plastic cover is glued all the way around.. like GRU53M said used a flat head driver to remove.

plz post up pics of ur dash with bezzel once done =)

honda25
25-07-2008, 08:01 AM
thanks for all your help guys, i managed to get it by using a razor blade. slow and steady sure does win the race though!!!
sure thing kairi_k, ill try and get some pics up over the weekend.

cheers all!!!

Alexx
25-07-2008, 08:38 AM
As above, be careful when prying it off. But i was opening it to remove a chrome bezel haha. I think it was glued back a little too firmly. I snapped mine right down the middle a while ago. running without it now :o