PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Civic floor matz

tokyonite
22-07-2008, 06:15 PM
hi guyz, my friend bought a civic last week and it was delivered today, however he realised that the floor mat was not the original floor mat, should he return the floor mats back to the dealer and request for the original factory floor mats? (the floor mats were written down on the contract as part of the extra accessories). thanks

Brescia
22-07-2008, 06:21 PM
uhh.......... yes?

Ninjadust77
22-07-2008, 06:24 PM
most definitely!!!

denot
23-07-2008, 10:44 AM
i think there was another thread like this before... I remember sum1 sed there are 2 diff type of matts.... the Honda matts and Civic matts...

Zdster
23-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Did he say originally that he wanted to OEM floor mats or just that he wanted floor mats included in the sale? If he paid extra for them then yes i would try and return them. If it was included in the sale and he didnt specifically say he wanted to OEM mats then good luck getting them to replace them (they are technically meant to supply floor mats which is what they have done).

howy
23-07-2008, 02:34 PM
hi guyz, my friend bought a civic last week and it was delivered today, however he realised that the floor mat was not the original floor mat, should he return the floor mats back to the dealer and request for the original factory floor mats? (the floor mats were written down on the contract as part of the extra accessories). thanks

As people might have pointed out already, there are 2 types of floor mats:

1. OEM Honda Floor Mats
2. Civic Tailored (Custom Fitted) Floor Mats

Sounds like your friend might have gotten it mixed up or thought he wanted the civic tailored ones but said oem ones instead.

Shimian
23-07-2008, 02:40 PM

1. OEM Honda Floor Mats

Sounds like your friend might have gotten it mixed up or thought he wanted the civic tailored ones but said oem ones instead.

IMO, they shouldnt do business this way. It will piss a lot of customers off. Should make it clear that there are two options or just supply one only.

denot
23-07-2008, 02:43 PM

1. OEM Honda Floor Mats

howy, i thought it was:
1. OEM Civic Floor Mats - With 'Civic' written on them
2. Honda Tailored (Custom Fitted) floor mats - with 'Honda' or 'H' on them

danjoy25
23-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I've got the same floor mats as what's in the civic brochure which cost me $160.00 and says "Civic" .

Zdster
23-07-2008, 02:45 PM
IMO, they shouldnt do business this way. It will piss a lot of customers off. Should make it clear that there are two options or just supply one only.

I think most customers would not have a clue if the floor mats were the genuine item or not.

Shimian
23-07-2008, 02:49 PM
From my understanding, the oem one is not made to fit. Just like ones you buy from autobarn or kmart.

panda[cRx]
23-07-2008, 02:50 PM
howy, i thought it was:
1. OEM Civic Floor Mats - With 'Civic' written on them
2. Honda Tailored (Custom Fitted) floor mats - with 'Honda' or 'H' on them

1. OEM mats ARE custom fitted to each vehicle and have clips for the front mats to keep them in place. they only come in full sets (ie. just can't buy the front mats)

2. any aftermarket mats with the honda name or trademarks on them are illegal and most likely found in chinatown, markets and ebay

From my understanding, the oem one is not made to fit. Just like ones you buy from autobarn or kmart.

incorrect. each mat is made for that particular model

tokyonite
23-07-2008, 03:49 PM
ermm my friend's civic floormats has "civic" on, but it's not the one like Shimian's civic. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69309&page=133

looks kinda disgusting..

danjoy25
23-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Here is a better pic of what I have and I think Shimian's as well.

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/honda.com.au/home/showroom/civic/accessories/civic+-+accessories+-+protection

Your mate should get the exact thing as thats whats in the contract. The dealer can say what ever they want but at the end its misleading and can be reported to the Office of the Fair Trading.

tokyonite
23-07-2008, 04:18 PM
thanks for the help guyz. my friend called the dealer (salesperson) this afternoon, and the sales told him to bring the floormatz back and they'll have a look at it.

soon later i'll post up the "fake" floormatz pic.

Becareful for those who's going to get a new civic.

Shimian
23-07-2008, 04:21 PM
my floormats are the taylored ones. Its in dark blue colour which you cannot get anymore. You can see a strip of carpet that runs across the top part on the drivers side. I put that there cos my heel is starting to dig into the actual matts. Just extra protection.

warwick108
23-07-2008, 04:23 PM
i was the one that had this problem, i started the last thread about this..
I ended up getting the tailored floor mats cause i was being such a ass to them.. lol..
but they did promise my dad floor mats in the contract.. but i guess they were just being nice cause we have bought the jazz from their aswell..

Philip Lee
23-07-2008, 05:14 PM
does Honda have owner's survey?

if so, threaten to give them poor scores if the dealer play games with the mats.

bodaas
23-07-2008, 05:21 PM
just go back to the honda dealer and ask, i dont think they will mislead,

i had problem as well at the time i picked up the car last week, as in the contract, the car should be window tinted, but actually it hasnt,
so i asked them, and they told the truth, if they want to mislead, they could.
all you can do is ask, and they'll fix the problem

so i dont think they want to loose their reputation just for one car and floor mat

howy
23-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm sure of the two types because i've had two new civics already. It was the second time that I asked for the Civic fitted mats:

1. 2007 Civic VTI: Oem Honda Floor Mats

I don't have a picture of these anymore but they are just the standard shape ones that aren't perfect fit and do not have the clips for the driver's side mat.

2. 2008 Civic VTI: Civic Tailored Floor Mats (the one from Honda Genuine Accessories)

These are perfect fit ones with the correct shape and with the driver's side clip. A picture of them from the Honda website:

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/071e2d804600cce79d8d9f823e4d2e7c/civic_floormats.jpg?MOD=AJPERES

panda[cRx]
23-07-2008, 06:46 PM
^ they were for the 07 too. i've never seen a generic mat for the current range

dmx
23-07-2008, 07:10 PM
i was the one that had this problem, i started the last thread about this..
I ended up getting the tailored floor mats cause i was being such a ass to them.. lol..
but they did promise my dad floor mats in the contract.. but i guess they were just being nice cause we have bought the jazz from their aswell..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88306
Dejavu thread :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1639231&postcount=19

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/ozhonda/market/DSCF2246copy.jpg

tokyonite
23-07-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28856194@N02/2695731384/

this is the "civic" floor mat that my friend has got.

Brescia
23-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Take them back!
tell them you want genuine floor mats that are on the Honda Australia website
> http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/071e2d804600cce79d8d9f823e4d2e7c/civic_floormats.jpg?MOD=AJPERES

nny911
24-07-2008, 01:03 PM
i had the same problem and i just went back complained about how dangerous it is (as it kept slipping under the pedals) and in a month or 2 i got them

unity
24-07-2008, 01:13 PM
You just need to check the contract properly. There are 2 specific sections: 1) Honda accessories and
2) Non-genuine accessories

What you get and what you pay for all depends under which of these two headings they have listed the floor mats.
If it was listed under heading 2 Honda will give you the genuine mats but most likely will charge you the difference.

tokyonite
24-07-2008, 04:01 PM
update: my friend just got a brand new set of genuine floormats. No trouble, everything went smoothly and the sales was very helpful indeed. very satisfied.

UNLS1
24-07-2008, 04:22 PM
lol 3 pages on mate, u want mats, ask for genuine honda ones. if u just say i want mats then we dont have to supply genuine.

(i do though, car is not complete without genuine mats)

tokyonite
24-07-2008, 04:59 PM
ya 3 pages, but small things sometime can screw up your reputation.

unity
24-07-2008, 06:15 PM
lol 3 pages on mate, u want mats, ask for genuine honda ones. if u just say i want mats then we dont have to supply genuine.

(i do though, car is not complete without genuine mats)

I think it's the sales persons job to ask or atleast point out that there is an option. Not every person buying a car knows what's available and if they are given the options then they can make an informed decision. That's what I believe constitutes good customer service.
When a person comes in to buy a car are they to specify that they want to purchase a genuine Honda car?

SaiHayashi
24-07-2008, 11:38 PM
my recommendation is, go to the dealer, tell them this is not the one u expected, if they ever answer u something like "oh u didnt specify which mat u wanted", tell them its their job to let the customers know that there are other options which will cost an extra price, otherwise customers have the right to choose.

tokyonite
25-07-2008, 12:48 AM
let's go to LV shop at crown and ask for "grade A" stock.

wilzee
25-07-2008, 06:36 AM

Wow... How low can honda dealers go?

Zdster
25-07-2008, 08:07 AM
I think it's the sales persons job to ask or atleast point out that there is an option. Not every person buying a car knows what's available and if they are given the options then they can make an informed decision. That's what I believe constitutes good customer service.
When a person comes in to buy a car are they to specify that they want to purchase a genuine Honda car?

I disagree. Most people do not want to pay extra for pieces like this. As long as they get a floor mat, the vast majority of people care if it is the custom floor mats shown above or if they are the OEM ones.

Shimian
25-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I disagree. Most people do not want to pay extra for pieces like this. As long as they get a floor mat, the vast majority of people care if it is the custom floor mats shown above or if they are the OEM ones.

Doesnt sound like anyone was given an option. You mention "most people do not want to pay extra". So it means they would have been given an option - free mats or pay extra for fitted.

I have to agree, Honda stuffed up on this part. Im glad at the time of my purchase, there was only 1 mat available.

unity
25-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi it's true that some people may not want to pay extra for something like floor mats. but when it comes to other components I don't mind paying more knowing that it will be covered under the Honda warranty.

UNLS1
25-07-2008, 08:56 AM
ya 3 pages, but small things sometime can screw up your reputation.

not my reputation. my customers get told about the mats and i only put genuine ones in the car, i even write it on the contract.

if a customer is busting a dealers nuts for a deal and its starting to go under cost and they still want mats and nothing is mentioned about genuine mats they dont have to put gen ones in. $100 is alot when the deal is in negative figures!

unity
25-07-2008, 09:04 AM
When I purchased my Euro a couple of months ago I asked for reverse parking sensors assuming I'd get genuine Honda sensors. I was at work when I organised the car and the contract was faxed to me, I signed it and faxed it back to the dealer. When I got home that night I realised the parking sensors were listed as a non-genuine accessory at $700. When I asked aren't there genuine sensors they said there was but it would cost $890. Ofcourse I was happy to pay the extra $190 for the genuine Honda accessory. I took delivery of the car and and a few days later asked the service centre at the same dealer how much it costs for genuine Honda parking sensors. I was told $700 and this had been the price for the last few months, and hence this is what I should have paid for mine but I paid $890.
I argued with Honda and the dealer that I was mislead, but neither of them were interested in helping. Honda claimed we don't get involved in cost disputes. I tried to explain it was an issue of honesty and deceptive conduct. Why should there be a difference in cost when buying the car brand new or taking it in later yourself?

Zdster
25-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Doesnt sound like anyone was given an option. You mention "most people do not want to pay extra". So it means they would have been given an option - free mats or pay extra for fitted.

I have to agree, Honda stuffed up on this part. Im glad at the time of my purchase, there was only 1 mat available.

There is no such thing as a 'free floor mat'. Any floor mats you get in your car you pay for. The difference is whether you pay a small amount for the more generic ones or a large amount for the OEM ones.

If they are being 'thrown in with the sale' of course the dealers are going to opt for the cheaper ones as it is costing them money.

Philip Lee
25-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Why should there be a difference in cost when buying the car brand new or taking it in later yourself?

actually as far as i know, accessories that you bought with the car would need to pay stamp duty.

buying afterwards at the parts dep wouldn't.

maybe that accounts for the price different.

so personally when i buy a new car, i would only includes factory options (eg HID, factory leather, factory sunroof etc) and not dealer fitted stuff (eg. bonnet protector, mats (if i have to pay for) etc).

what i'd insist on tho, is that the sales give me a written quote (on company letter head) on the parts/accessories that i want so the dealer will honor this reduced price when i buy them after i take delivery of the car.

Shimian
25-07-2008, 09:58 AM
There is no such thing as a 'free floor mat'. Any floor mats you get in your car you pay for. The difference is whether you pay a small amount for the more generic ones or a large amount for the OEM ones.

If they are being 'thrown in with the sale' of course the dealers are going to opt for the cheaper ones as it is costing them money.

sorry, my mistake for mention free mats. What im trying to say is they should advise the options rather than just give non genuine parts if given as a freebie. As unity mentioned, the option should have been given and let the customer make the choice to buy aftermarket or geniune sensors.

unity
25-07-2008, 10:10 AM
actually as far as i know, accessories that you bought with the car would need to pay stamp duty.

what i'd insist on tho, is that the sales give me a written quote (on company letter head) on the parts/accessories that i want so the dealer will honor this reduced price when i buy them after i take delivery of the car.

That's a great idea and that's exactly what my service centre do for me now. At the end of the service statement they put the item in question and the cost.

Shimian
25-07-2008, 10:20 AM
They advised me to buy accessories after i got the car. And I did. This part i must give to Honda as they were trying to help me save on paying duty. :thumbsup:

tokyonite
26-07-2008, 01:55 AM
When my friend bought his civic, the dealer wrote him a quote of Auto Vti-L with
Reverse sensor - 700+
Spoiler - 600+
Tinted Windows - 400
Floor mats - 160
Fog lights - forgot how much
exhaust pipe chrome - 80

so it was 27000+700+600+400+160+300 roughly + 80 = 29240.. then from that they started to negotiate the price. he ended up getting it for 28500.

so should the dealer supplied him with a genuine floormat or the one shown on the picture i attached?

unity
26-07-2008, 10:16 AM
For $160 I would assume genuine Honda Civic floor mats otherwise generic mats are usually thrown in free.
Does anyone know whether floor mats actually get shipped out with the cars? I know the TSX (Euro Accord) in the USA comes with mats shipped out from Japan and are located in the boot when the dealer receives the car.

denot
26-07-2008, 05:23 PM
like sum1 sed before... it depends on the contract your friend signed... if he said its $2,000 floormats and in the contract its not listed as genuine Honda but your friend still sign it... then its not the dealer fault...

dmx
27-07-2008, 05:49 AM
my dealer quote me around $180. and they said, even $70K honda won't come with free mats.
but anyway, that's when i bought before civic officially release to public