PDA

View Full Version : Fxxk me.. I reverse into a pole in gas station today....

johnnyofhk
22-07-2008, 10:02 PM
new accord euro for 1 month... feel shit... do you know how much will it cost me? pics upload in a mins....

Type R Positive
22-07-2008, 10:08 PM
hahaha!
A good mate of mine (perth euro) got rear ended a few years ago, try searching his name and see what you get.

johnnyofhk
22-07-2008, 10:19 PM
http://members.iinet.net.au/~johnnytam/cl9/02.gif
http://members.iinet.net.au/~johnnytam/cl9/01.gif

johnnyofhk
22-07-2008, 10:20 PM
the pole is next to me... then i drive into it when i reverse turn...

do you think it need to be replaced the whole metal plate?

The X Man
22-07-2008, 10:29 PM
That doesn't look too bad, a new fender and some bumper repairs and that should be about it.

Type R Positive
22-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Just about all bodyshops use new panels only.

Looks like you got to paint that bumper again and get a new guard.

Crapdaz
22-07-2008, 10:34 PM
if you havent touched/damaged the chassis frame on the inside it should be alright.
Then as The X man said.

johnnyofhk
22-07-2008, 10:45 PM
if you havent touched/damaged the chassis frame on the inside it should be alright.
Then as The X man said.

do you think it will be within a grand? :confused::confused:

yourfather
22-07-2008, 10:54 PM
my quote is 2k

Type R Positive
22-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I'll do it for $3k! LOL!

Crapdaz
22-07-2008, 10:58 PM
yeh would say 1.5-2k

need to replace panel and respray to suit car, then install.

johnnyofhk
22-07-2008, 11:15 PM
sign.... how much does a panel cost actually?

yourfather
22-07-2008, 11:16 PM
front bumper bar brand new unpainted you wont get much change from 1,000

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-07-2008, 11:17 PM
John go to the Honda dealer and get exact quote from them (and be sure to have what colour your fender is handy)

Im sure someone would be happy to install it for you (Hell if you are in sydney ill do it for you or even Ben could)

Where are you located mate as one of the guys here might work at a honda dealer and might be able to help (might vary from location to location)

tony1234
23-07-2008, 08:00 AM
do you think it will be within a grand? :confused::confused:
No.You'll need a new guard,you should be able to prep and respray front bar.As someone else posted approx.$2K.:(

EuroSteve
23-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I had similar damage when someone reversed into my stationary car. The repair cost was ~$1640 (covered by insurance). This included a new fender (they come unpainted) and repair/respray the front bar.
Out of interest, I rang Honda spares, a new fender (unpainted) was $413.47 and the front bar (unpainted) was ~$500

If you are in Brisbane, I can recommend a good repairer.

http://aycu13.webshots.com/image/49612/2002698531881183104_rs.jpg

-Steve

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I had similar damage when someone reversed into my stationary car. The repair cost was ~$1640 (covered by insurance). This included a new fender (they come unpainted) and repair/respray the front bar.
Out of interest, I rang Honda spares, a new fender (unpainted) was $413.47 and the front bar (unpainted) was ~$500

If you are in Brisbane, I can recommend a good repairer.

-Steve

thx for replying steve, cheers!;)

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 09:50 AM
John go to the Honda dealer and get exact quote from them (and be sure to have what colour your fender is handy)

Im sure someone would be happy to install it for you (Hell if you are in sydney ill do it for you or even Ben could)

Where are you located mate as one of the guys here might work at a honda dealer and might be able to help (might vary from location to location)

new car for a month, didn't buy any insurance YET.... sigh, i was asking around because friends told me honda is charging overpriced... your inbox is full by the way~

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Cleared it mate

Zdster
23-07-2008, 10:20 AM
new car for a month, didn't buy any insurance YET.... sigh, i was asking around because friends told me honda is charging overpriced... your inbox is full by the way~

You are driving a car WITHOUT insurance!!! You sir should not be behind the wheel of a car.

vinnY
23-07-2008, 10:25 AM
^ agreed zdster

if you're worried about the cost of repairing your own car already
how would you feel if that pole was someone elses car? you'd be paying out of your ass for them too
not worth it to save a couple bucks mate

unity
23-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi, sorry to hear about your little accident. I hope you get a competative repair price. But as mentioned above insurance is just peace of mind. Depending on your rating and modifications your annual insurance premium should be close to the $600 mark if you are rating one.
Good Luck.

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 11:29 AM
hey guys... its like this... i bought the car just few weeks... honda repair the steering rack for me took me another week... only 300km on it... just got it back the day before yesterday... actually i got a insurance policy number a week ago from nrma but they didn't send me any invoice or anything, does it mean i am covered by insurance now? its AUD$2xxx annually coz i am under25 although i got 5yrs experience and no claim ever. how did you get $6xx?

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 11:30 AM
You are driving a car WITHOUT insurance!!! You sir should not be behind the wheel of a car.

i will get it as soon as i can... sorry sir...

Zdster
23-07-2008, 11:36 AM
i will get it as soon as i can... sorry sir...

Its got nothing to do with you, but lets say you do happen to get into an accident with a ferrari, I hope you have a good chunk of change lying around.

centurionau
23-07-2008, 11:40 AM
If you can afford to buy a car like that, you should be able to afford insurance. I think insurance should be mandatory. Let's hope your luck holds out, because if you damage someone else's car, it will cost you a lot more than your insurance premium.

Another thing - when did we start calling a front guard a fender? Are we in the USA???

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 11:44 AM
If you can afford to buy a car like that, you should be able to afford insurance. I think insurance should be mandatory. Let's hope your luck holds out, because if you damage someone else's car, it will cost you a lot more than your insurance premium.

Another thing - when did we start calling a front guard a fender? Are we in the USA???

i just called nrma guys.... they told me actually i am under insurance cover when the time i called them and gave me policy number.... i think they just wanna send me the invoice after the cooling off period... but now doesnt make any difference to me though...

Zdster
23-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Ah, well go and get a quote from a bodyshop and see how much it turns out to be. If it is more than your excess (which it probably will be) then just go through them.

unity
23-07-2008, 11:51 AM
hey guys... its like this... i bought the car just few weeks... honda repair the steering rack for me took me another week... only 300km on it... just got it back the day before yesterday... actually i got a insurance policy number a week ago from nrma but they didn't send me any invoice or anything, does it mean i am covered by insurance now? its AUD$2xxx annually coz i am under25 although i got 5yrs experience and no claim ever. how did you get $6xx?

Hi you may just be in luck. Usually you are issued with a cover note and you have 2 weeks from the time of initial contact to pay what's specified on the cover note. Once paid then that officially becomes your policy. You should contact NRMA ASAP to discuss that with them. But as far as I can see you should be covered aslo as you pay the amount specified. They should be able to take an immediate payment over the phone.

To be exact my premium is $656 but that's on rating one.
Get on the phone to NRMA now and put your mind to rest. (opps lookls like you already have!!)

Pumped
23-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi you may just be in luck. Usually you are issued with a cover note and you have 2 weeks from the time of initial contact to pay what's specified on the cover note. Once paid then that officially becomes your policy. You should contact NRMA ASAP to discuss that with them. But as far as I can see you should be covered aslo as you pay the amount specified. They should be able to take an immediate payment over the phone.

To be exact my premium is $656 but that's on rating one.
Get on the phone to NRMA now and put your mind to rest. (opps lookls like you already have!!)

A typical covernote is a month,
Though the law which insurance companies must abide by is not the same under a cover note period as an official policy and they have the ability to cancel the insurance without warning and reason under a covernote.
Its more the need for a proposal/declaration form then the money that binds cover under insurance, depending on what company your with.
It will be difficult to obtain insurance with existing damage, until that damage is fixed, if it is declared, people dont want to insure previously damaged goods
I find it crazy not having insurance (AT LEAST THIRD PARTY!),
especially if hes paid for the car outright which would need to be the case for him to have picked up the car, generally a finance company will not allow the car to be picked up until confirmation of insurance is given

Anyway, :( sucks about the damage, hope you can sort it out without too much expense :(

unity
23-07-2008, 01:02 PM
A typical covernote is a month,
Though the law which insurance companies must abide by is not the same under a cover note period as an official policy and they have the ability to cancel the insurance without warning and reason under a covernote.
Its more the need for a proposal/declaration form then the money that binds cover under insurance, depending on what company your with.
It will be difficult to obtain insurance with existing damage, until that damage is fixed, if it is declared, people dont want to insure previously damaged goods
I find it crazy not having insurance (AT LEAST THIRD PARTY!),
especially if hes paid for the car outright which would need to be the case for him to have picked up the car, generally a finance company will not allow the car to be picked up until confirmation of insurance is given

Anyway, :( sucks about the damage, hope you can sort it out without too much expense :(

With AAMI their cover notes are valid for 14 days. I was actually interested what happens in the case where you are protected under the cover note but have not yet paid the premium.
I gave AAMI a call and they informed me that you would be covered as long as you pay the premium and excess together at the same time.

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd be on the phone quick smart.....
And agree with pumped. How did the dealer let you drive away uninsured?

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 02:16 PM
i did have 3rd party insurance of course... CTP is part of the deal. nrma guys told me they would cover the damage if i file a claim, its under insurance. I live in the city, got a body shop downstair, they quote me >$4000 (i think its crazy...) that including new fender, new front bumper, new 'whatever it is to hold the bumper from inside', new plastic thing around the wheel, then repaint the hood, driver's door(i don't believe it....) , of course fender and bumper...

then i went to another repairer, he told me he fix the fender and bumper then repaint them for $850 if i pay cash...

vinnY
23-07-2008, 02:26 PM
compulsory third party = covers injured
third party property = covers damaged cars

so you were uninsured

tim-e
23-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Just about all bodyshops use new panels only.

Looks like you got to paint that bumper again and get a new guard.They'd probably change the fender too - it costs around the same to either screw with the current one, or just replace it, and (re)spray - $600, as I know too well. :o

tim-e
23-07-2008, 02:47 PM
How did the dealer let you drive away uninsured?Yeah, I had barely taken delivery and the hot chick who does the aftermarket addons and insurance was at me. I didn't mind the view, of course, and I knew I had to get insurance anyway.

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 02:53 PM
i did have 3rd party insurance of course... CTP is part of the deal. It is part of rego.

then i went to another repairer, he told me he fix the fender and bumper then repaint them for $850 if i pay cash...
That is more like it. :)

You might want to do it this way (privately), as your car won't show up as being damaged. I am sure if you go through insurance, it will show up on revs check as been in accident. Something to think about.

p.s. GET INSURANCE!!!

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I had barely taken delivery and the hot chick who does the aftermarket addons and insurance was at me. I didn't mind the view, of course, and I knew I had to get insurance anyway.
Funny thing is that the dealer I went to didn't bother me with any of this crap. :)

tim-e
23-07-2008, 02:57 PM
I was happy to be bothered with it. The girl was hot.

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I was happy to be bothered with it. The girl was hot.
SUCKER! LOL! :p

I remember when I got my Toyota's last year. She was HOT also. :)
Man, you would think your car was going to blow up the second you drove out the door if you didn't buy their crap. Electronic rust protection? Physically (chemically) doesn't work. $700 tint? C'mon.... They must make a shit load of money out of these things. I just told her straight out that I didn't want any of her shit. The next minute was strange just sitting there shaking my head every time she opened her mouth lol!

I might still get extra toyota warranty, as the D4D diesel in the prado seems to be getting known for early injector failure. Toyota weren't selling insurance either?

The Honda contracts manager dude mentioned something about the new Honda insurance, which sounded good. I think he said something about it including the Honda 5 year warranty? The missus just insured it through the same place we had our other cars insured (RAC?). Cost about the same as the Corolla to insure!

Anyone got any info on the new Honda insurance?

tim-e
23-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Of course I didn't buy any of the crap. I just took in the view, and got insurance with Allianz, who I had also used for my previous car. :p

Philip Lee
23-07-2008, 03:26 PM
you didn't have finance on your car i guess?

if you do, usually the finance coy wants to make damn sure you have comprehensive insurance before driving the car out of the dealer.

tim-e
23-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Leased with 83% business usage. But yes, I can't imagine any financier not demanding comprehensive insurance.

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 03:41 PM
No finance for me either.
Paid by cheque.

Contracts dude still sorta made sure we had insurance though....

Philip Lee
23-07-2008, 04:18 PM
^ baller lol

johnnyofhk
23-07-2008, 07:04 PM
just leave the car at ryde at friend's daddy smash repairer, $700 for the new fender and everything... just afraid the color doesnt match.

tron07
24-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I thought Honda give 1st year free insurance if you buy the new CL9, cause they are clearing it....

The X Man
24-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Gees, i am paying $491.00/yr for full comprehensive (rating 1) with the RAA for mine although i'm 36. A quote from Honda was $631.00.

tron07
24-07-2008, 09:35 AM
How come my full comp is 1k plus? what excess you guys choose? Might need to push my excess up to reduce the premium next year

Type R Positive
24-07-2008, 09:37 AM
How come my full comp is 1k plus? what excess you guys choose? Might need to push my excess up to reduce the premium next yearWOW! :eek:
I think my euro is like $350 or something like that. I will double check the details for you

The X Man
24-07-2008, 09:55 AM
My Excess is $300.00 which is reasonable.

vinnY
24-07-2008, 10:02 AM
must be the perks of living in another state other than sydney
we get raped down here for rego and insurance :(

D R U
24-07-2008, 10:03 AM
How come my full comp is 1k plus? what excess you guys choose? Might need to push my excess up to reduce the premium next year

That's a lot man, who are you with?

Mine's $8xx.00

aaronng
24-07-2008, 10:30 AM
My premium doubled when I moved from Melb to Sydney. Now mine is $1500-ish.

tron07
24-07-2008, 11:18 AM
So its normal.... I am on Allianz, came free with the car when I bought the car, and just continue cause its still the cheapest. I check with AAMI its more expensive then the one I am on...

aaronng
24-07-2008, 11:24 AM
So its normal.... I am on Allianz, came free with the car when I bought the car, and just continue cause its still the cheapest. I check with AAMI its more expensive then the one I am on...

If you dare, have you tried NRMA?

johnnyofhk
24-07-2008, 11:33 AM
none of your guys are underage?

revolution
24-07-2008, 11:47 AM
If you dare, have you tried NRMA?

NRMA for me is $1300. But for my 2007 S2K they wanted $4500!!! I just went with AAMI in the end.

aaronng
24-07-2008, 12:06 PM

I'm not.

aaronng
24-07-2008, 12:07 PM
NRMA for me is $1300. But for my 2007 S2K they wanted $4500!!! I just went with AAMI in the end.
The reason why my premium was 700-800 in Melb and 1500 here in Sydney is because my mods are covered as well. Still, quite a bit jump to double my premium from just moving states.....

D R U
25-07-2008, 11:39 AM

I'm 23

tim-e
25-07-2008, 01:51 PM
By the way, if anyone is interested (or sad) enough to want to know, those short poles are called bollards.

mp-
25-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Im 23 and a quote from AAMI = $1,574, excess = $550

With justcars = $1,167.00, excess = Standard Excess $600
Plus Ad-JUST Excess $0

as001
25-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Condolences...

tknova
26-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I pay $1390 p/y with aami (i work there so get 50% off) so paying $695 pear year. Rating one and i'm 24.

When getting your euro quoted, the pannel beater in your case has to:
- new right hand guard
- blend right hand front door & possibly blend bonnet. (black cars with metalic :( )
- new rh h/lamp (not sure how bad the damage is)
- most likely a new front bar as the locating clips look snapped

Go through AAMI or your insurer and get get them toi pay for it.

$850 cash seems a little to cheap and i would stear clear, the guard just
about costs that much, i would say your $850 cash job would be
a reoair on the rh guard and not replacing it.

Good luck! :)

rambohung
26-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Great living in expensive Sydney....! My insurance was $650ish at Port Stephens, now in Sydney is $10XXish. Must be more cars & ppl to hit here lol

ultimatekenz
27-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Ive just had some damage repaired and judging by yours, it will probably be around the 2-3k mark.

Im 20 living in qld paying 900 with just cars, at first i thought that was a tad steep but judging by what everyone is paying on here im quite content lol.

johnnyofhk
28-07-2008, 05:16 AM
thx for replies, everyone~ I am going to pick up my car tomorrow, will take some pics tmr

hidden_hunter
28-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Ive just had some damage repaired and judging by yours, it will probably be around the 2-3k mark.

Im 20 living in qld paying 900 with just cars, at first i thought that was a tad steep but judging by what everyone is paying on here im quite content lol.

i'm nearly 20 (next month) and I pay $1200 in melbourne (justcar gave me the same quote for some odd reason - possibly due to the discount I have with aami because my parents are with them) Clean record of course my integra was nearly $2000 for a car worth nearly a third of the price.

tron07
28-07-2008, 02:06 PM
what sort of insurance amount did you guys take? agree amount or market value? windscreen replacement, rental car options?

assailant
30-07-2008, 01:02 AM
when i bought my 04 euro earlier this year rac wouldnt issue me a cover note. they stated they dont provide cover notes anymore, you need to sign up over the phone and provide direct debit details and the premium starts proper as of that phone call.

im covered for agreed value $28k, 50% no claim bonus, ive just turned 24, mrs is 22 and we split driving 50/50. not sure what the excess is (different for the mrs and i because of different ages) but we pay $809pa.