PDA

View Full Version : Questions before Purchase

guwarkjay888
22-07-2008, 10:59 PM
I am planning on purchasing the following products and have a few questions before i go ahead with the buy:

- Rockford Fosgate Power T162S (6.5" 2-Way Component System for Front)
- Rockford Fosgate Power T1692C (6"X9" 2-Way Full-Range Speaker for Rear)
- Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4 (400 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier)

I already have a 12" Kicker Sub with a dedicated Kicker Amp

1. The question i have is, with the Rear's is it better to have 2-Way or 3-Way (T1693C), i heard the 3-Way just has an extra tweeter of some sort, but still a bit confused which one i should have in my setup.

2. Another question, would the 400 Watt Amp be enough to power the 2 sets of speakers above?

T162S -
Power Handling:
100 Watts RMS
200 Watts Max

T1692C -
Power Handling:
100 Watts RMS
200 Watts Max

OR

T1693C -
Power Handling
110 Watts RMS
220 Watts Max

So does that mean the 400 Watt Amp is adequate for my needs? Or would i need to purchase T600-4 (600 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier) instead?

Oh yeah and car is a 5th Gen Prelude if it makes any difference.

Thanks, Chris

tron07
23-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I would put in a sub and forget about the rear speakers....

arverson
23-07-2008, 12:40 PM
he's got a sub already.

1. for coaxils, rear ones at that, 2 way is fine. anymore is marketing gimmicks. you dont need 'super' tweeters or an extra tiny mid-range that does nothing.

2. depends on how loud you'll be playing your system.. theres plenty of power in that amp to get all speakers loud but theres also potential for clipping..

whether that amp is 'adequate for your needs' depends, again, on your expectations and how you'll be playing the system.. but for the majority of people that amp will be fine for most applications.

is it a daily car??

personally id get a 2chan for your fronts, say the t400-2. more power to the fronts. id rather have my front splits be used to their full potential than compromise that for rears and less power all-around. and heck its not like the rears wont go loud off the HU once u HP them.. does your headunit have x-over filters??

or t400-4 used actively..

im done.

guwarkjay888
23-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Well when i say "adequate for my needs" sometimes i like to give it a bit of oomph, like im not going to compete in autosalon sound contest or anything. But sometimes just like my music a bit loud.

I have an Alpine CDA-9887, pretty sure it would have x-cover? Were you suggesting i have a dedicated amp for fronts and just run rears off the HU? sorry for my ignorance but what's HP.

And yes it is my daily driver, so that's why i want the sound quality to be quite nice, i'll definitely go with the 2-way then as originally planned, but i am really considering getting 600 watt amp now as i don't ever want to bottleneck my speakers for when i do want to play it quite loud.

Thanks, Chris

tron07
24-07-2008, 09:32 AM
HP- high pass

in my previous setup, I dont even have rear speakers other then the sub in the boot

arverson
24-07-2008, 02:57 PM
HPF= high pass filter
LPF= low pass filter

id say that amp has the power to make things loud enough for your ears. just make sure u set the gains right.

yes the 9887 has x-overs, so once u (HP)filter out the low notes (bass) then your rears wont be wasted struggling to play them. i was suggesting exactly an amp for fronts, rears off the HU. you say SQ is priority too so thats even more reason to focus on your fronts. dont compromise your fronts when rears have no effect on SQ.