PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Headlight failed - Have been advised to replace head light assembly

macros951
23-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello
In the last 2 years i've had 3 headlight bulbs fail. (2 left & 1 right) Is this unusual?

Anyway, my car was due for a service and I've taken it to a Honda dealer and figured that they could just replace the bulb. No such luck. They've now called me and advised that they replaced the bulb and this didnt fix it. Their solution was that they would need to replace the head light assembly for $650.

After getting off the phone I cannot help but thinking that they are taking me for a ride. I'm not very trusting when it come to car servicing (been burned in the past).

They dont have any assemblies in stock so if I want that done I will need to bring it back at a later date. Apparently they have someone who is good with car electronics who is going to have a look and see if it can be easily fixed.

Any thoughts, experiences would be appreciated:thumbsup:

XP02ED
23-07-2008, 10:17 AM
if you know how to take your head lights out, remove it and check the wiring and the headlight housing

something might be sparking.

maybe ask them what it is if that wasnt the resolution, its prolly something obvious

vinnY
23-07-2008, 10:29 AM
how does the headlight assembly(probably plastic/glass mind you) affect a bulb?

XP02ED
23-07-2008, 10:32 AM
removing it for a better view, in a dc5 you have little room, if any to see.

was thinking that the plastic bit on the wirring loom may be burnt and exposing the wires to spark

vinnY
23-07-2008, 10:35 AM
nah i'm not talking about your suggestion dude
talking about honda wanting to replace his headlight because of potentially fault bulbs or wiring?