PDA

View Full Version : Hand Brake Recall

MugenBoi
23-07-2008, 11:34 AM
HI guys I was wondering if any of you have received a letter from Honda Australia identifying a concern on the Handbrake for the FN2. I was told to contact nearest dealership in your state to get it fixed, and I have asked the dealers how was the problem, as I think kind of come across this some time a go in this forum or the Hondatech one. They said they don't know and was told to there was a problem and to replace it.

DR HONDA
23-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Honda AU is currently running a campaign for the replacement of the handbrake ratchet mechanism for the FN2R. Check with your local dealer to see if your car is in the vin range.

panda[cRx]
23-07-2008, 12:22 PM
yeah just book your car in with your local dealer. they'll replace the handbrake assembly at no charge. it's refered to as the '5GB campaign'

SYMPTOM

If the handbrake is applied with the release button intentionally or unintentionally depressed, the ratchet mechanism may not engage fully. This may allow the handbrake to release unexpectedly.

COUNTERMEASURE

The handbrake ratchet mechanism has been modified to eliminate any risk of partial engagement.

MARKET TREATMENT

In-service treatment is to replace the Handbrake Lever Assembly on all affected vehicles.

Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted by mail in accordance with the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries’ Code of Practice, and requested to have the recall performed by an Authorised Honda dealer.

Vehicles affected by this product recall may be identified by VIN, and are within the ‘Affected VIN range’ table below.

AFFECTED VIN RANGE

Year Model 2007 Civic Type R
VIN Header SHHFN23607U
VIN Indicator 100103 to 101062

Vehicles outside the affected VIN range already have the modified Handbrake Lever Assembly fitted and are not affected.

bodaas
23-07-2008, 05:13 PM
yeah i think its only 07

i got 08, havent receive any letter, or any phone call or SMS from dealership, usually they do if there is problem or next service due

panda[cRx]
23-07-2008, 10:34 PM
lol read my post again, that is FACT not just opinion or guessing. that means no it won't affect you if you drive an 08 which is outside the vin range

SaiHayashi
24-07-2008, 06:59 PM
hmm... thx for the info panda[cRx], now i need to call up my dealer to check if they need to fix my 07build before delivering to me on wed.

panda[cRx]
24-07-2008, 09:25 PM
if the dealer is doing their job it should come up in their normal predelivery checks.
worst case scenario they could do it at your 1k/1month service.

SaiHayashi
24-07-2008, 10:27 PM
;1821634']if the dealer is doing their job it should come up in their normal predelivery checks.
worst case scenario they could do it at your 1k/1month service.
lol y not get them to fix it first when im not picking up the car for another week? i presume it only takes a few hours to do?