PDA

View Full Version : Not satisfied with my euro..

Faiz
23-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Well i did post here long time ago, when i needed to buy a car. I steered towards the ccord euro luxury, automatic. The car has awesome handling, interior awesome. Exterior is also goodlooking etc. Thr problem is i got 48 grand drive away. (my dad bought me the car). The car is shit all performance! All the bloody fords, holdens, Subarus make it appear like a turtle. I should have gona for another car, a v6 or something. You really have to push the pedal on hills to make it go. You can get a v6 for 49 grand. I sort of regret choosing this car. Its doesnt have the quality of effortless acceleration and performance.

That is all.

redliner
23-09-2004, 01:36 PM
sad to hear your regret... so im assumming its an auto... i agree that price to performace is so not worth it.. does 0-100 in about 9.8sec is pretty slow... but some other euro accord owner clain it goes much faster than that... basically i drove my friend's euro manual... doesnt seem to have the power to the price (especially when its only 4 cylinder)... and i also drove the new accord 3.0 v6 <-- that seems more value to money.

Alpine
23-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Wouldn't you have determined this previously when you test drove it before buying it? You did test drive it, didn't you?

carbine
23-09-2004, 01:58 PM
The euro accord isn't a sports car. You wan't power for price get an itr.

aaronng
23-09-2004, 02:00 PM
If you're comparing the Euro to the WRX, you should go for those go fast class of cars, not the Euro. The Euro is about the whole package, not only performance. And Auto+Luxury means more weight and less power to the ground.

I agree with Alpine. A test drive is a must and also you should test drive it as how you would be driving it if you owned it. So if you tend to floor the accelerator, do it during the test drive (in a safe environment) even if the saleperson would be shouting at you after that. This is because you will be the one forking out $49k, not the salesperson

Thought about selling it for a car that suits you better? Since it is new, you wouldn't lose too much money.

poid
23-09-2004, 02:05 PM
turbo it then :P

redliner
23-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Alot of mistakes people make is rushing to buy the car without test driving it :eek: but thats so common though

Eventhought its built for luxury and that... the power in it is so not worth the price.. compare to other luxury car built car.. but i still love the euro looks.. i'll buy one when they com in v6.. well IF they come in v6 :D

wynode
23-09-2004, 02:30 PM
If you bought the car and weren't happy with something that couldn't be detected (easily) during a test drive then i'd understand......but the fact that something so noticable like its 'lack of power' didn't come when you test drove it leads me to believe that you might have rushed into this. I don't think you can blame anyone else but yourself for not noticing its lack of pull.

I've driven the euro and its got enough power to get you around without too much trouble up hills. But if you wanted buckets more of torque, then you should have gone for either the 3L Accord V6 or a Falcon/Commodore.

Not having a go at you.....but you can't really blame anyone for this. 144kW from a 2.4L isn't too bad to be honest.

Euro_Boy
23-09-2004, 02:34 PM
while it aint a wrx (of which i previously owned) i am disspointed that u thhink its is gutless... 223nm of torque aint bad with 143kw... besides... like most vtec engines you have to wear them in... the more they are worn in, the faster they go.

i have racked up 3,200km and i am noticing already that she is loosening up and revs quicker (ok its a manual) then when i bought it...

my 97 b16a civic was an animal when i purhcased it a few years ago with 40k and b4 i sold it with 70k it was noticablery quicker... you are talking about oone of the most highest technologically advanced motors in the world... if u want to compare that against push rod sh*tty ford and holdens of which are tanks anyhow and cost a sh*tload in fuel then i think u need to really do your research better and not write off the euro b4 you have given it a chance...

think about it... the reason you seem to think these fords and holdens are so quick is that they have motors that could power up a city and are the size of a city... with japanese technology (i.e vtec, vvtli) your talking about power without the need for bigger displacement (which equates to weight). In some cases its fair to say you dont need that much torque if you dont have that much weight.

baboo
23-09-2004, 02:36 PM
you should've got the manual version.

I think it's got adequate power for a mid size sedan.

Is your car run in already? it might be slow because the car is new and need sometime for the engine to run in.

I'm still running in my car...but i feel this car is gonna be a fast one :D

yfin
23-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Well i did post here long time ago, when i needed to buy a car. I steered towards the ccord euro luxury, automatic. The car has awesome handling, interior awesome. Exterior is also goodlooking etc. Thr problem is i got 48 grand drive away. (my dad bought me the car). The car is shit all performance! All the bloody fords, holdens, Subarus make it appear like a turtle. I should have gona for another car, a v6 or something. You really have to push the pedal on hills to make it go. You can get a v6 for 49 grand. I sort of regret choosing this car. Its doesnt have the quality of effortless acceleration and performance.

That is all.

Hang on a second - let me get this right.. Someone purchased the car for you and you are regretting the decision?! I would be thanking my lucky stars that someone is prepared to give me 48k for a car... It is just like winning a car in a raffle!

Anyway, that is beside the point. The Euro Auto Lux is definately the fat ass model in the range. It would be just as fast if not faster than many luxury cars out there like the VW Passat (even the V6 Passat is slower), Audi A4, Volvo S40, 318i BMW etc, etc. You should also give it 10k on the clock before you really judge the performance. These cars are also more expensive than the Euro.

yes, there are faster cars out there. As a total package, however, I think you did pretty well with the Euro. Or at least you could have done a lot worse...

wynode
23-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Hang on a second - let me get this right.. Someone purchased the car for you and you are regretting the decision?! I would be thanking my lucky stars that someone is prepared to give me 48k for a car... It is just like winning a car in a raffle!

Ditto!

BTW the ford (at the time of him purchasing his car) has no pushrods ;)

Cr@ckerJ@ck
23-09-2004, 04:01 PM
I love my Euro!! Sure it lacks the pull of my TypeR but for comfort and saftey it leaves the R for dead, I can hardly complain about it being automatic as it's a refreshing change from the short throw 6 speed in the R.. Maybe if you purchased the manual you might have got a little more out of it.. But hey beggers can't be choosers. :rolleyes:

Faiz
23-09-2004, 04:29 PM
well, after reading all your replies my answer is:
I share this car with my dad and he wnated an auto. It does have sequeatial shift and by using it the car is a second faster.
I could have gona for the subaru 3 iltre, (i loved it ;) ) My dad said its not a good car? He said subarus are a thrid class car making company and there cars are shit.....old people what can i say...I begged for that one but sadly he said no.
After doing heaps of research on the internet i decided it would be either the 3 litre liberty or the accord euro.
I crossed out all fords and holdens because of the main reason was too much fuel they eat.
I reserached alot on the internet and was looking for something which had awesome handling, good interior/exterior and performance. But most of all fuel economy.
My dad loved the v6 accord but after reading endless reviews on the internet, its handling wasnt great, torque steer was present, no enjoyment in the drive. Basically it was a family or old mans car. But most of all it didnt have that semi auto.
The only choice had left was the euro because my dad was not prepared to buy the subuaru liberty 3 litre.
I should be thankful i have that car and i am but for that price there should be a optional v6 availible.
I have drove my euro 5300 kilometres and no it hasnt got any faster. Its the same. And how much do we have to drive it to increase its performance? and how many seconds faster does it get?

coladuna
23-09-2004, 04:40 PM
You are certainly a weird one aren't you? You are after performance yet you don't want a ford or holden because they are petrol guzzlers??? You can't have both performance and fuel efficiency at the same time. Doesn't make any sense if you ask me. Also, could you please point me to a car in a similar price range that offers better performance and luxury features that Accord Euro provides? I'm trying to come up with some but I can't seem to think of any car that comes close to Accord Euro. If performance was so important to you you should have gone for something like WRX which looks tacky aesthetically but offers great performance. I also think you paid way too much for the car.

EDIT: BTW Libery 3.0R is $51000 + on-road which is way more than what Accord Euro Luxury costs.

LUD02C
23-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Wait Wait Wait.
You had a choice of a car and your dad was buying it for you and you bought a EURO?
Please tell me your kidding?
I would of got a R-34 GT Skyline for that.

Sorry man, but yeh it might be luxury and all but what you payed i would of bought alot of other things before the Euro.

Dominik
23-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Umm.. i think his dad had alot to say about what car he ended up with (hence him not buying the Subaru).

Believe it or not, but most parents dont see the high speed handling and 0-100 times as deciding factors in buying a car. And to top it all off, skylines are not brand new (which all of the other options he had were), and they are imports; which means the resale of them is ridiculous, insurance is a joke, and security is nowhere near what locally delivered cars have (Japan has much lower theft rates - car alarms are still just gimmicks over there, just for showcars etc).

Anyway, i agree with Coladuna;
* Performance,
* Luxury,
* Fuel Efficiency
Pick any 2...

coladuna
23-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Not everyone wants to fork out thousands of dollars for insurance alone.

poid
23-09-2004, 06:20 PM
i agree with the subaru comment, even recent Liberties (despite being damn sexy cars) have headgasket and other problems, so getting a Honda was a good idea in that regard.

But hey, unless you wanna buy yourself a car and let your old man have the Euro, suck it up man, there are much worse cars you could be driving out there ;)

yfin
23-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Wait Wait Wait.
You had a choice of a car and your dad was buying it for you and you bought a EURO?
Please tell me your kidding?
I would of got a R-34 GT Skyline for that.

Sorry man, but yeh it might be luxury and all but what you payed i would of bought alot of other things before the Euro.

Yeah - R34 Skyline is nice but Faiz is worried about fuel consumption so I don't think he will like the insurance cost for the R34.

Javed
23-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Sound like a spoilt kid to me.

Faiz
23-09-2004, 06:49 PM
not spoilt, just thought there were better cars out there. I agree that you cant have performance and fuel consumption at the same time but look at the honda v6's there fuel consumption is the same as the euros. I reken this car deserves a few more killowats. Subarus having problems? havnt really heard of any. I should stop whinging and all because i should be fortunate that i am driving a car like the euro. Any when i buy a car it will definetly be the awd legend....man its tuning out to be great car!!!

Can any one answer my question about increase in performance in the car euro? how many seconds does it improve by and how much you gotta drive it.

yfin
23-09-2004, 06:57 PM
not spoilt, just thought there were better cars out there. I agree that you cant have performance and fuel consumption at the same time but look at the honda v6's there fuel consumption is the same as the euros. I reken this car deserves a few more killowats. Subarus having problems? havnt really heard of any. I should stop whinging and all because i should be fortunate that i am driving a car like the euro. Any when i buy a car it will definetly be the awd legend....man its tuning out to be great car!!!

Can any one answer my question about increase in performance in the car euro? how many seconds does it improve by and how much you gotta drive it.

With increased mileage (say around 10k+) the car responds much better. The difference is noticeable with the 6MT (probably close to 0.5 to 1 second faster compared to when the car had 4000km).

I know bugger all about the auto but the car should improve with more miles and the 10k oil change. If you want to drop seconds off you will need to mod your car.

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier - you paid too much for your euro. There are plenty of other nice cars in the $45-50k range. The Euro is probably a better value proposition in the $35-40k range in standard trim (and I am biased towards the 6MT standard).

Pum[Z]
23-09-2004, 07:02 PM
If u want to make ur euro faster u first of all shouldn't have bought a automatic in the first place....

For $48k what car can u get that has leather, Electrical Seats, Heated Seats, Sunroof, HID Lights. Not even the Liberty can match it for price. The Accord Euro is one of the most competitevly priced car as a whole package. A Wrx is real fast but look at the inside of it. It looks so like a Lancer (eg. Looks old interior while the Euro looks very ergonomic).

If you want ur Euro to go faster do mods to it to make it go faster. But remember the Euro wasn't made to be a high Performance car...

LUD02C
23-09-2004, 07:06 PM
Suburu's having problems?
My friends and family all drive subarus all different models and ages not one has had a problem.

And whoever said that Japan doesn't have good security look at the top sports cars.
I just been in a 22b upgrade 04 Sti and just to start it you have to turn 2 alarms off and type in a password in a mini pad just to start it (thats standard from Japan)

I'm sure the R-34 will come with something like that.

Don't get me wrong, the Euro is a great car.
Honda and Toyota have the best reliabilty (toyota better i think)
But since you are going on about performance i just think it was the wrong choice.

coladuna
23-09-2004, 07:33 PM
There are plenty of other nice cars in the $45-50k range. The Euro is probably a better value proposition in the $35-40k range in standard trim (and I am biased towards the 6MT standard).

What kind of car are you talking about though? I really can't think of something good even in that range. When I say that I mean cars in a similar class as Accord Euro.

] For $48k what car can u get that has leather, Electrical Seats, Heated Seats, Sunroof, HID Lights. Not even the Liberty can match it for price. The Accord Euro is one of the most competitevly priced car as a whole package.

Can't agree more. For example, both Mazda 6 and Libery have engines which produce somewhere in the vicinity of 120kw which is pathetic compared to the Euro.

yfin
23-09-2004, 08:10 PM
What kind of car are you talking about though? I really can't think of something good even in that range. When I say that I mean cars in a similar class as Accord Euro..

I was thinking A4, V6 Vectra, SS V8, XR6 Turbo - that sort of sedan. Query whether they are in the same class but they are in that price range.

I would personally still take the Euro over these cars (I rate Hondas highly) - but a 48K euro is not cheap. The standard 6mt is the top value model - 25% cheaper but as good a car.

coladuna
23-09-2004, 08:22 PM
I was thinking A4, V6 Vectra, SS V8, XR6 Turbo - that sort of sedan. Query whether they are in the same class but they are in that price range.

I would personally still take the Euro over these cars (I rate Hondas highly) - but a 48K euro is not cheap. The standard 6mt is the top value model - 25% cheaper but as good a car.

A4 is a lot more expensive than $50K. I think they are more like mid $50K to high $50K on-road. I won't even talk about Vectra because it's a Holden.
ditto for SS V8. XR6 Turbo has crap interior and also uses heaps of petrol.
They are also more expensive compared to Euro.

I think he only has himself to blame for getting ripped off. At $48K for Accord Euro Luxury Auto, he apparently didn't get a single cent of discount, which is pretty dumb thing to do when you're buying a new car.

Anyway, from the way he's talking, he certainly lacks any kind of knowledge about cars. Shaving off seconds just from running in the engine? Hell, what are you smoking? I'd be surprised if he even knows how to drive a manual car.

The only direct competitor of Accord Euro really is Mazda6 and Accord Euro kills it in every department.

coladuna
23-09-2004, 08:25 PM
I just been in a 22b upgrade 04 Sti and just to start it you have to turn 2 alarms off and type in a password in a mini pad just to start it (thats standard from Japan)

Well, they had to do something about it sooner or later because of the ridiculous insurance premium on WRX and STi. I read on newspaper that since the introduction of datadot and the keypad feature, the number of WRX's stolen has decreased from more than 400 a year to less than 10. Can't remember the exact figures but it was a very dramatic drop.
They would've had to do something because people were pushed away due to high insurance premium.

linkorr
23-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Faiz - you got a very good car. Not saying you don't deserve it, but it could have been worst. Sequential is not too bad. Go practice some left foot braking. :D Don't be too worried about the performance. Enjoy the luxury. When you have your own money and know what are you looking for, then go and get urself something that gets your heart beating. If you can handle the cost of running it. Right now you have a very very nice car practically GIVEN to you. Heck.. what are you complaining about? You want performance wrapped in leather, you're looking at the wrong side of $90K.

You're lucky he didn't get you a camry wagon. Enjoy it...euro's a nice car, performance, can come later, unless you want to turbo it. that's heaps more $$$ and not sure if your dad's up to it. Afterall it's him who is driving it too.

If you say your not spoilt, just take it and enjoy for what it is.. an euro LUXURY. I don't know much about you, maybe you need to appreciate that dad actually got you a nice car.

cheers mate.. chill..

Faiz
23-09-2004, 08:53 PM
no i dont know much about cars, but i know what is important and what is not. Power, torque, capacity, cylinders valves all that shit i know. Some of you guys suggested modding? well i donot want to mod because it recks the car. I like cars just the way they are made and dont wanna mess around with a car and reck the qualities the engine are supposed to have.

Faiz
23-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Faiz - you got a very good car. Not saying you don't deserve it, but it could have been worst. Sequential is not too bad. Go practice some left foot braking. :D Don't be too worried about the performance. Enjoy the luxury. When you have your own money and know what are you looking for, then go and get urself something that gets your heart beating. If you can handle the cost of running it. Right now you have a very very nice car practically GIVEN to you. Heck.. what are you complaining about? You want performance wrapped in leather, you're looking at the wrong side of $90K.

You're lucky he didn't get you a camry wagon. Enjoy it...euro's a nice car, performance, can come later, unless you want to turbo it. that's heaps more $$$ and not sure if your dad's up to it. Afterall it's him who is driving it too.

If you say your not spoilt, just take it and enjoy for what it is.. an euro LUXURY. I don't know much about you, maybe you need to appreciate that dad actually got you a nice car.

cheers mate.. chill..
thanks mate, your right. Well 0-100 in 8 seconds sequential aint bad. Any way its not like im racing it.

yfin
23-09-2004, 09:04 PM
:thumbsup:

yfin
23-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Think about it this way - at least he didn't get you the auto Lexus IS200. It costs more and does 0-100 in something like 11.3 seconds....

faijai
23-09-2004, 09:35 PM
lol actually i would of rather the lexus is200!! LOOX moore sexy!

baboo
23-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Faiz,

when you are like your dad's age you'll feel the Euro is fast.

cb7
23-09-2004, 10:19 PM
What color is it? post some pic's of it dude, stop stressing. Have some pride in your car then it will feel faster!
haha

Dominik
23-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Just out of interest LUD02C, was this a Japanese grey (private) import? Or an STI sold by Subaru australia? If its the latter then that is the reason it has the security - it was added by Subaru when it was imported. If it was an import, then thats pretty amazing.

The imported skylines/soarers/etc that i have been in never had anything more than a standard immobiliser (disabled by using the key in ignition). Some had remote central locking, but thats it (almost all of them had aftermarket alarms added when they were imported though). The reason is that cars hardly ever get stolen over there...

If you ever go to Japan, you'd be amazed at how safe you feel. I dropped my wallet with AUD$1500 in it (in Yen) in one of the busiest places in tokyo (Hachiko in Shibuya for those who know), and sure enough, it turned up at the closest police station shortly later with all the money still in it. Try that ANYWHERE in australia :)

fongyfong
24-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Faiz,

haha

will_pop
24-09-2004, 02:57 AM
yeh ... when my dad brought me my first car... i feel like it's the best car... i enjoy it and then ... i feel it run really fast hahaha

coladuna
24-09-2004, 07:52 AM
thanks mate, your right. Well 0-100 in 8 seconds sequential aint bad. Any way its not like im racing it.

More like high 8s to 9 sec for auto luxury though.
I don't think having a sequential mode helps that much.
It's still an auto and the ability to change the gears yourself will provide very little benefits in terms of performance. I'm guessing the fact that it's 5 speed auto helps more than anything, or is 5th gear in auto gearbox more for overdrive?

euro77
24-09-2004, 08:17 AM
with all due respect, I think you are the only one here that is not satisfied with your euro, which is technically not yours anyway :D

Faiz
24-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Faiz,

why is that? :confused:

Faiz
24-09-2004, 09:18 AM
What color is it? post some pic's of it dude, stop stressing. Have some pride in your car then it will feel faster!
haha

where do i post em? is there a seperate place in this forum for that?

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 10:44 AM
you can attach ya pic by using post reply instead of quick reply. Just hit the insert image button (the one that looks like a mountain) and up load the image.

It sounds like your dad is only letting you drive HIS car to me.

You should be happy to drive such a classy car. Base model lexus is200's cost about $55k new, and are not half the car of the euro. Very shitty power, crappy interior and not half the features. It took for ever to get to 100kms/h. I have a euro manual and I wouldn't swap it for the world (well maybe for a NSX).

I wanted to get a Subaru Liberty GT, (very classy WRX) but the Girlfriend hates them. After that, I had my heart set on an Integra type R but, I am not paying over $50k for a piece of shit they are trying to pass off as a type R. This left me with the Accord Euro. I just wish they had released / will release the Euro R model. I will have to trade for it straight away :D

Euro_Boy
24-09-2004, 10:54 AM
hear hear to that

Faiz
24-09-2004, 11:00 AM
yeh i agree, with you type r positive. Liberty GT is a very fast car. 0-100 in 4.8 seconds manual, 0-100 in 6 seconds for auto. But after thinking a while, i do enjoy the euro when i drive it. Its got awesome handling and the acceleration aint bad. Its no sports car but it goes when we push the peddle down. btw my euro is the same colour as yours. And just a little question, i have read on many websites the honda engines get faster over time. So if we drive it like 50 000 kms, will be able to use euro as a rocket on the road :P or is it just a very minor difference not noticable? And about it being my dads car, well my dad owns a landcruiser v8 gxl, he travels long distances all the time, when he noticed the euro has fuel economy is like of a toyota echo he pretty much uses it all the time and has locked his landcruiser up in the garage. It drinks 24 litres of petrol in 100 km around city and 15 litres on the highway in 100 km. The car is mine but i let my dad use it because im still on my Ls. Hes planning on selling his cruiser for a good luxury four wheel drive, and when i get my Ps the cars all mine. Whats a good v6 luxury four wheel drive? not an mdx because i have read about it and its one of hondas not soo good cars.

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Honda's gain a few kw as they free up. This is very noticable, if you compare between stock cars, one 0kms and one 50,000kms. You may notice it that much because it is you who puts the kms on the dial. You are used to it as it increases in power.

As for a luxury 4wd. It just depends how much money you want to spend. you cannot beat the nissan patrol's for the money, just get the Ti or the ST-L model with the leather interior. (I live in a mining town, hence I know heaps about 4wd's) You won't find a more reliable car than the Toyota's, as you know because your dad owns the GXL. The Prado's have stuff all room.

Make sure you check out the Mitsubishi Pajero's. They are a real great car.

I don't know much about city 4wd's, the BMW's look good. I don't think that there is too much wrong about the MDX except the price. Don't even think about a holden or ford.

Stay away from anything American. Total buckets of shite. Stick to Japanese, the european ones are a waste of cash.

Stick to the GXL mate, you can't go wrong. You can supercharge them and get 350kw+ very easily. TRD even makes a kit for them. Check out www.capa.com.au they have heaps of supercharger kits for everything including JACKSON RACING for everyone else that might be intereted!

mmmmm, supercharged Integra type R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McChook
24-09-2004, 11:30 AM
if you really want power out of the Euro, stick the JDM ITR clinder head on it and shut the **** up. You bought a 4cylinder car, LIVE WITH IT

Performance is nt measured in a straight line

BTW, if you can;t drag off V6 Commos, learn to drive

Da1nONLY
24-09-2004, 11:55 AM
your still on your Ls buddy...
when you grow older..
work and have some savings...
then we'll talk about performance...
but right now..
just enjoy your new ride..
when i was your age... i was driving a red coloured mazda 83 model 323
no air con... in summer i had to suffer... and it looks like a box!...full tank gave me only 320Kms even though it was a 1.6L...
so you should be happy driving a 48k car around.

If you wanted performance and fuel efficiency - the ITR is the way to go, but it wont be as comfortable as you will be in your accord.

vtecinaccord
24-09-2004, 12:33 PM
You are a looser man, you get a brand new 59k car and you say it has not enough power, go buy your own car before you complain about something that you pretty much got given. My old man has a Euro 6spd. I am lucky to sit in the driver seat =, let alone be alowed to drive it.
:thumbdwn:

fongyfong
24-09-2004, 12:34 PM
yeah u are lucky, my dad neever baught me a car, my first was a ford telstar tx5 89 model that i piad for myself, and for a first car thats a very good car u lucky **** on ur ps and driving around in class, anways why ya dad buy you the car for? birthday?

yfin
24-09-2004, 01:19 PM
yeh i agree, with you type r positive. Liberty GT is a very fast car. 0-100 in 4.8 seconds manual, 0-100 in 6 seconds for auto. But after thinking a while, i do enjoy the euro when i drive it. Its got awesome handling and the acceleration aint bad. Its no sports car but it goes when we push the peddle down. btw my euro is the same colour as yours. And just a little question, i have read on many websites the honda engines get faster over time. So if we drive it like 50 000 kms, will be able to use euro as a rocket on the road :P or is it just a very minor difference not noticable? And about it being my dads car, well my dad owns a landcruiser v8 gxl, he travels long distances all the time, when he noticed the euro has fuel economy is like of a toyota echo he pretty much uses it all the time and has locked his landcruiser up in the garage. It drinks 24 litres of petrol in 100 km around city and 15 litres on the highway in 100 km. The car is mine but i let my dad use it because im still on my Ls. Hes planning on selling his cruiser for a good luxury four wheel drive, and when i get my Ps the cars all mine. Whats a good v6 luxury four wheel drive? not an mdx because i have read about it and its one of hondas not soo good cars.

Faiz - the hole you are digging for yourself is becomming a crater! :D Jeez - this story just gets better - you were given a $48K car and you are on your Ls!!!!!!!!!! My goodness - at your age I would have dreamed of owning a Euro...... :D

I also have no idea where you are getting the figures you are quoting for the Liberty GT - 4.8 seconds to 100?? Come on - isn't that stretching things?- even the manual WRX STI can only do 5.5. Motor mag quotes 6.9 for the Liberty GT auto.

Anyway, your stock auto Euro will never be a "rocket" - despite how many kms you clock up. If you wanted a rocket - you purchased the wrong car. And what is the big focus on fuel consumption? You said earlier that you picked the Euro because of fuel consumption. I have never heard of anyone who is on their Ls give a rats ass about fuel consumption. Having a car - any car - even a Datson 120Y - is what most people on their Ls usually care about!

Use some of your dad's money and buy yourself some perspective. Things could be worse... a lot worse ;)

kanthan
24-09-2004, 01:37 PM
mate if i was u, i would not be worried about performance while u r on ur Ls, personally not til u get off ur Ps. Thats if u want to have a licence for a lengthy period of time. Learn to drive first....thus why its called a learners. A few yrs later, when u r confident of driving, maybe then u can start to drive the euro a bit harder and faster.

Count yourself lucky that you have such a great car to learn with it being very safe and all. I am a big fan on limiting what learners should be able to drive. Ie. NO v6, v8 or turbos. 148Kw on ur Ls is quite a bit. Thankfully, u need to push the car to get access to that power, unlike a commodore. I am sure u would have heard about the girl who wiped out her family by loosing control of her fathers HSV Clubsport while on her Ls. Too much power for someone who has no experience in driving. 'Experience' is the key word. If ur father or whoeva accompanies u, allows u to drive fast or push ur car while ur learning, they need their licence confiscated.

When u r old enough and mature enough about driving, then by all means, push the car safely to its limits on the road (within legal limits obviously) or go nuts on the track. i know u r probably thinking that ur a safe drivers etc...u have not drivin enough times and enough kms and at different conditions to know that.

Faiz
24-09-2004, 01:47 PM

my dad likes the lexus ONE . Medium four wheel drive.....My dad knows nothing about cars basically and oesnt listen to me. A person who reckens liberty gt is shit car.....in my opinion knows nothing. He just keeps going on about that hes gona buy a mercedes or a lexus just because people say they are good cars. Hes basically a show off and knows nothing about cars. He doesnt want a toyota hes looking at big names like lexus mercedes to waste his money. He even reckens the euro is a shit car just because he likes mercedes and lexus :confused:

Faiz
24-09-2004, 01:54 PM
i get the picture every one, that i should be happy with this car. any way im opening a saving account to start saving money for my future car...The honda legend awd!!!! I hope honda wil still keep it in stock after 5 years. Any way you guys can stop saying all that crap that i dont deserve it ok, my dad owns it, i just get to drive it. I love the car and i choose it, and love it with all my heart...my dad doesnt like it yet he still drives it but any way. I few more kws wouldnt have hurt honda

Da1nONLY
24-09-2004, 02:01 PM
buddy buddy buddy...
dont worry about what your dad thinks.
all asian parents are the same!! either merc or nothing.... but what can you do when money comes in as a restriction for you. Every dad dream is to drive a nice luxury merc and perferable be a S class, then again thats just class....and a Lexus is just rebadge version of the toyota.

all you have to do now is relax, be happy with what youve got and perhaps learn more about cars, coz right now your pretty new to cars according to your previous posts. More driving experience is required, give it a few years from now bud and stop complaining. :D

144Kw for a 4 cylinder is awesome!!

redliner
24-09-2004, 02:05 PM
wat da heck is a merc??? BMW M3 baby :)

Da1nONLY
24-09-2004, 02:07 PM
wat da heck is a merc??? BMW M3 baby :)

yeah for us young fellas... m3 anyday...
but for the oldies! merc..they want comfort! =)... not speed!

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
24-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Just stay away from automatic 4 cyl.....easy

**Ghost**
24-09-2004, 05:42 PM
man... my dad gave me a 92 Accord in 2001 for my first car and i was damn happy about that... to get my B16A Civi c i had to work and not eat practically for 6 months in the holidays... dont complain about wot u didnt pay or work for, and when u do hard work and save up for a car it'll be something u enjoy more cos u actually own it

JINRAI
24-09-2004, 05:47 PM
you can attach ya pic by using post reply instead of quick reply. Just hit the insert image button (the one that looks like a mountain) and up load the image.

It sounds like your dad is only letting you drive HIS car to me.

You should be happy to drive such a classy car. Base model lexus is200's cost about $55k new, and are not half the car of the euro. Very shitty power, crappy interior and not half the features. It took for ever to get to 100kms/h. I have a euro manual and I wouldn't swap it for the world (well maybe for a NSX).

I wanted to get a Subaru Liberty GT, (very classy WRX) but the Girlfriend hates them. After that, I had my heart set on an Integra type R but, I am not paying over $50k for a piece of shit they are trying to pass off as a type R. This left me with the Accord Euro. I just wish they had released / will release the Euro R model. I will have to trade for it straight away :D

JUST DON'T APPRECIATE YOU CALLIN THE INTEGRA A PIECE OF SHIT! IT'S AMAZIN YOU'VE USED THE WORD CLASSY AND YET HAVE NONE

Euro_Boy
24-09-2004, 06:24 PM
type r. piece of sh*t. who said that. seriously. who said that,.

Euro_Boy
24-09-2004, 06:28 PM
oh hang on jinrai.

i understand where hes coming from. calling it a piece of shit still aint right.

hes referring to the "type-s re-badged as a type r and sold iin australia as a type r". if driven properly and maybe a mod or two (basic vtec mods like air filter, air induction etc) could keep/smash a rexy similar to the old proper type r...

mate, just becareful about using "piece of shit" and type r in the same sentence...

SINISTR
24-09-2004, 08:00 PM
i get the picture every one, that i should be happy with this car. any way im opening a saving account to start saving money for my future car...The honda legend awd!!!! I hope honda wil still keep it in stock after 5 years. Any way you guys can stop saying all that crap that i dont deserve it ok, my dad owns it, i just get to drive it. I love the car and i choose it, and love it with all my heart...my dad doesnt like it yet he still drives it but any way. I few more kws wouldnt have hurt honda

Yo, i think you get the point from everyone here - GOOD. I think you're changing your point of view of the car the longer u sit in it and drive it - GOOD.

You need to appreciate, what is given to you... especially at the age of 17 and being on your Ls. Many people don't get a car at 17, let alone a $50K car what ever the size or performance. Some have to wait till they are 18 or even 21 to get a car or buy one themselves. At the age of 17 and on L's you should go and do an Advanced Driver training course, learn how to handle 'A CAR' in Emergency situation and then dream about having a sub 8second 0-100 car. We have enough DEATHS on our roads in every state, from YOUNG drivers on their Ps who don't know how to handle themselves in extreme emergency situations. We don't want any more dead kids on the roads.

So enjoy what you have, and like it - you are 1 of the lucky and fortunate ones to get a $50K car as your FIRST car! Do some driving Courses!!!

Faiz
24-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Yo, i think you get the point from everyone here - GOOD. I think you're changing your point of view of the car the longer u sit in it and drive it - GOOD.

You need to appreciate, what is given to you... especially at the age of 17 and being on your Ls. Many people don't get a car at 17, let alone a $50K car what ever the size or performance. Some have to wait till they are 18 or even 21 to get a car or buy one themselves. At the age of 17 and on L's you should go and do an Advanced Driver training course, learn how to handle 'A CAR' in Emergency situation and then dream about having a sub 8second 0-100 car. We have enough DEATHS on our roads in every state, from YOUNG drivers on their Ps who don't know how to handle themselves in extreme emergency situations. We don't want any more dead kids on the roads.

So enjoy what you have, and like it - you are 1 of the lucky and fortunate ones to get a $50K car as your FIRST car! Do some driving Courses!!!

thanks for the advice, really appreciate it :thumbsup: and how do you know im 17 :confused:

Type R Positive
24-09-2004, 10:42 PM
type r. piece of sh*t. who said that. seriously. who said that,.

I suppose that was harsh. I retract that statement. I will replace it with the Australian Integra Type R is an over priced soft car.

I owned a 2000 type R and that thing was a lot better car than the dc5. Just how much would it cost to bring it up to true Type R standards? Honda Australia are fobbing off a lower spec car on the merits of the Type R badge. Hence it will be dropped very soon........

JINRAI
25-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Diff specs yes, but bottom line is that it still has potential...after all everyone mods their car for better performance results...regardless whether or not its a jap spec or aus spec...end results is at the end of the day...its "YOURS" with your choice of after market performance parts

.....and to me it still merits the red badge!

coladuna
25-09-2004, 12:51 AM
He even reckens the euro is a shit car just because he likes mercedes and lexus :confused:

If your dad thinks that, I'm sorry but he's an idiot and knows jack shit about cars.
Besides, Toyota = Lexus in case you didn't know.
I've driven cars like BMW 528i and I don't think the Euro falls any short of that if not better. It's certainly more quiet inside and feels as powerful, if not more powerful.

BTW, looks like my guess was right. If he owns it and lets you drive it, I don't call that your car. If you use that definition, I think I've owned about 4 cars by now.

You opened up savings a/c to buy a car in the future? Well, good luck. You'll need it especially if you're planning to buy a Legend in the future. Opening a savings a/c alone won't save money remember? You've got to earn it and it's not easy earning that much money at such a young age. I guess you're too comfortable living off your parents that you don't realise the real world outside.

Catcha
25-09-2004, 02:17 AM
thanks for the advice, really appreciate it :thumbsup: and how do you know im 17 :confused:

Its the way you answer your question, like a little child........want performance go get daddy to buy you a wrx if you can't afford one, want more kw's write to honda and ask them to build a euro with more kw's.
I just sold my modified WRX and well looking to settle down and drive something more relaxing with style and decent power and equipment, i'm everyone here that brought a honda euro would be based on looks, feature and pricing, same as people that buy WRX's bang for you bucks.

If your car had more kw's I don't think you would be living very long enjoy what you dad has brought you........and go learn how to drive a manual if you want to be a boy racer I might give you some credit for that.

grow up and stop acting like a spoilt little brat

Faiz
25-09-2004, 08:29 AM
If your dad thinks that, I'm sorry but he's an idiot and knows jack shit about cars.
I've driven cars like BMW 528i and I don't think the Euro falls any short of that if not better. It's certainly more quiet inside and feels as powerful, if not more powerful.

BTW, looks like my guess was right. If he owns it and lets you drive it, I don't call that your car. If you use that definition, I think I've owned about 4 cars by now.

You opened up savings a/c to buy a car in the future? Well, good luck. You'll need it especially if you're planning to buy a Legend in the future. Opening a savings a/c alone won't save money remember? You've got to earn it and it's not easy earning that much money at such a young age. I guess you're too comfortable living off your parents that you don't realise the real world outside.

yeh like i said, i will get the car fully when i get mt Ps :D

Catcha
25-09-2004, 08:35 PM

My thought exactly

vtecinaccord
26-09-2004, 12:20 AM
FAIZ A FEW MORE KWS WOULDNOT HAVE HURT HONDA

Whats drugs are you on man honda makes the best NA engines full stop, you go compare any honda performance engine to its equivalent nissan or toyota shit boxes, and see who comes out on top. look at the F20c in the S2000 176KWS from 2 litres, thats insane....and the old faithful B16a the 1st engine to have more than 100hp per litre. I'm sure everyone here agrees stop now man before you dig that deep a hole you will be in china...

EuroAccord13
26-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Noobs should just stick to cars that are not high powered... Be glad that you get to L in an Accord Euro dude.... Appreciate and learn how to drive then go to something faster...

Slugoid
27-09-2004, 02:50 AM
I can't say much for myself (20, driving a Euro which I didn't buy myself), but at least I chose the car knowing fully well what the car is capable of, and in the end, I'm very greatful for what I have.

It doesn't have a great deal of power, but at least it looks pimping, it's comfortable and chicks love it :cool:. Plus it's 10x better than my previous ride (323 Protege).

W8-4ME
27-09-2004, 07:48 AM
I think FIAZ has pretty much been flogged in this thread and i think he gets the hint.

I would just like to add aswell be VERY grateful for what you have.
I came from a poor family and all i could afford when i was on my L's was a $800 Mitsi Galant that i had to pay for myself !!
I have worked my ass of to afford a Honda that looks nice because my parent's dont have any money to give me.
I have made my own way in this world and now i own 2 units ( Not paid for )

It pisses me off to see your lil rich boy attitude but i know your young, just remember not everyone has it as good as you and most people struggle through life with very little money especially if you love tuning Honda's 8 -)
Ps in school if you had of carried on like this i would have given you a floggin for sure!!

linkorr
27-09-2004, 09:07 AM
guys i think he gets the hint.. it's been 7 pages!!!! :cool:

VirIIx
27-09-2004, 12:10 PM
we could make it 8 pages with this post.. *looks around* I started off in a Chrysler Neon as my first car, that was pretty cool, and now i'm working hard enough i can afford this honda - kind of :b

but i'm glad my parents never bought my a bmw to start with, because now i really do appreciate having a cheaper car to start on, as you gain the experience to appreciate something better.

:)

Catcha
28-09-2004, 07:04 PM
They should of got him a civic or jazz then he really know what lack of power and Kw's is :D

euro77
28-09-2004, 09:35 PM
I think jazz vti is good enough, I beat a commodore in it :D
Which civic are you talking about? certainly not vti-r?

|N|
28-09-2004, 09:46 PM
not to be offensive or anyting..if this goes on ... its gonna take up 70 pages not 7... i sooo wanted a euro ... . on ly that i cant affort it... honda s r never built for straights .. they r all well balanced and top quality... i think u should be drivin a V8 or sth alone that line...or even get a motor bike mate... 0-100 in like 3 secs... is that fast enf?? i dun think honda is ur cup of tea...

coladuna
28-09-2004, 10:26 PM
I think it's very laughable and stupid to say that Accord Euro struggles up the hill. No way! With 140kW of power and weighing just under 1400kg for manual version, it's faster than any average car out there.
I've had my car for 4 days now and clocked up about 330km and the engine is bloody awesome in my opinion. It's very quiet and refined, yet when pushed, it does make pleasant engine noise. It's also willing to pull away from virtually any gear. It even pulls away with no problem in 6th gear from 60-70km/h. In every day driving, it actually does feel faster than my old JDM Honda Prelude Si VTEC and certainly more drivable due to having more torque available down low.

yfin
28-09-2004, 11:11 PM
I think it's very laughable and stupid to say that Accord Euro struggles up the hill. No way! With 140kW of power and weighing just under 1400kg for manual version, it's faster than any average car out there.
I've had my car for 4 days now and clocked up about 330km and the engine is bloody awesome in my opinion. It's very quiet and refined, yet when pushed, it does make pleasant engine noise. It's also willing to pull away from virtually any gear. It even pulls away with no problem in 6th gear from 60-70km/h. In every day driving, it actually does feel faster than my old JDM Honda Prelude Si VTEC and certainly more drivable due to having more torque available down low.

Coladuna - if you like the power with 330km on the odo - just wait for your car to clock up some serious kms. I think back to how my Euro drove in the first few weeks - it was a slug compared to now (12,500kms)! Seriously :D

I wonder why more people don't notice the difference in performance - it is like a totally different car to me since the 10,000kms service. The revs rise suprisingly fast on some days!

Type R Positive
28-09-2004, 11:15 PM
yeah, mine is starting to free up after 2500kms

Pum[Z]
29-09-2004, 03:03 AM
The Euro has enuf kw the only thing is that they should have red lined it at 8000 rpm instead of 7100rpm... But anywayz why cry for spilled beans.. Probably the Honda technicians did it for a reason...

But i still remember my first test drive on the Euro i dragged it all the way to 7000rpm with me, my sales rep, & my other friend with air con on, going up a hill and i was damn happy with it...

Thats why i bought the car... The Euro aint no slow poke... Its a refined car, with a lot of luxury at a competitive price...

But i do admit i had the biggest grin on my face on my friends S2k Dragging it up to 140km with the roof down... But having a 2 seater is hell selfish...

VirIIx
29-09-2004, 03:19 AM
the euro definately knows how to pull it's own weight, with a car full of passengers, and heavy ones at that, you can go up hill quite well without any struggle especially if you're in the right gear :b

My euro has reached about 4500km and it seems a lot better than when i first had it, but i'm sure it'll only get better

McChook
02-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Far out - this thread is full of shit on every page

In the end - you own a EURO, it is a 4 door mid-spec luxury sedan - not a performance car AT ALL in its description

If you wanna go lining up WRXs, spend a few grand, drop a Type R Cylinder head on the Euro, and wipe some floors with some boosted shitboxes - WRXs will queue up to drag a Euro just to watch another honda dreamer lose... and watch how quickly they all shit themselves

coladuna
02-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Far out - this thread is full of shit on every page

In the end - you own a EURO, it is a 4 door mid-spec luxury sedan - not a performance car AT ALL in its description

If you wanna go lining up WRXs, spend a few grand, drop a Type R Cylinder head on the Euro, and wipe some floors with some boosted shitboxes - WRXs will queue up to drag a Euro just to watch another honda dreamer lose... and watch how quickly they all shit themselves

And your point, McChook? Nobody here is stupid enough to say that Euro can compete with WRX in terms of performance. So what's your point in bringing out WRX here? There's nothing out there in $40K price region that can compete with WRX in raw performance maybe with exception of XR6T. Prelude VTi-R will always get creamed unless an idiot is behind the wheel of a WRX.

In my opinion, Euro is as much a sports sedan as Prelude is a sports car. Actually, they have very similar performance figures. Wheels magazine tested the Euro Luxury's 0-100km/h to be 8.1 sec in manual form while many NZ magazines get times around 7.7sec, which is almost similar to Prelude VTi-R.

yfin
02-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Not a performance car at all in its description? I think acura would disagree.. I lost count of how many references in this media release to performance and "sports sedan".

For Immediate Release

All-New Acura TSX Sports Sedan Combines Performance, Refinement and Style

TORRANCE, Calif.–The all-new Acura TSX sports sedan combines a powerful engine, choice of 6-speed manual or 5-speed Sequential SportShift automatic transmission, drive-by-wire throttle control system and race-bred suspension with an ergonomic interior filled with the latest technology to deliver a potent blend of performance, refinement and style.
“The TSX is designed to compete head on with other premium sports sedans from Europe and Japan,” said Dan Bonawitz, vice president, corporate planning and logistics. “With 200 horsepower, a standard 6-speed manual transmission and 17-inch wheels and tires, the TSX delivers performance with the luxury and quality inherent to Acura vehicles. It will make a strong impact in the luxury entry sports sedan category.”
The TSX features an advanced 2.4 liter DOHC i-VTEC engine that generates 200 horsepower at 6800 rpm, 166 lb-ft of torque at 4500 rpm and overall performance comparable to some competitors with 6-cylinder powerplants. The i-VTEC “intelligent”
valve-control system delivers enhanced performance across a broad power band in addition to improved fuel economy and reduced exhaust emissions. A direct ignition system with knock control helps to optimize power and fuel efficiency by ensuring a properly timed spark at all engine speeds.
The TSX 4-cylinder engine is equipped with a drive-by-wire throttle control system that eliminates the need for a mechanical connection between the accelerator pedal and the engine, and continuously adjusts the sensitivity of the accelerator pedal to match current driving conditions. It also incorporates throttle control into the car’s VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) system, controls the vehicle’s cruise control function and modulates the throttle to help make automatic transmission shifts even smoother.
The 4-cylinder engine of the TSX is equipped with platinum-tipped spark plugs and a self-adjusting cam chain. It is designed to run for 110,000 miles before requiring a major scheduled tune-up.
Since many performance enthusiasts prefer shifting gears themselves, the TSX comes with a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. A compact 5-speed Sequential SportShiftÔ automatic transmission is also available as standard equipment. The lightweight 6-speed gearbox features short shift throws and multi-cone synchronizers on all gears for quick, light shifting action. For the first time on an Acura, the transmission case is made from magnesium alloy, a material typically reserved for racing applications. This case weighs 6.6 pounds less than a comparable aluminum unit and is extremely rigid to damp out noise and vibration.
Despite its impressive 200 horsepower output, the TSX with manual transmission delivers 21 mpg city/29 mpg highway, while the TSX with automatic transmission delivers 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway. Air-assisted fuel injectors, two close-coupled catalyzers and a high-flow, low-heat mass exhaust manifold help the TSX achieve LEV-2 emissions status.
To complement its high-adrenaline powertrain with sports car-like handling, the TSX features an extremely rigid unit body structure and a race-bred, 4-wheel-independent double-wishbone suspension. The suspension is track-tuned to reduce lift, dive and body roll and boasts gas-pressurized shock absorbers and large front and rear stabilizer bars. A quick-ratio, variable power assist rack-and-pinion steering system provides outstanding feel and responsiveness and features an anti-kickback valve for reduced kickback on rough roads.
Handling is further enhanced through the application of a Vehicle Stability Assist system (VSA) that works in concert with the braking and drive-by-wire throttle systems to provide enhanced control during acceleration, braking and cornering. This 4-channel system orchestrates the throttle and each of the vehicle’s four disc brakes to seamlessly integrate traction control, Anti-lock braking and stability enhancement for increased driver control during acceleration, braking and cornering.
To provide stability and ensure superb stopping power, the TSX is equipped with 4-wheel disc brakes with 4-channel ABS, 17-inch alloy wheels and P215/50R17 Michelin tires.
The body of the TSX offers best-in-class aerodynamics while defining its sporting nature with crisp sports sedan lines. In front, styling cues include a signature 5-sided Acura grille, style lines starting at the top of the front fender flares and gradually rising to the rear, High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights and large air openings beneath the front bumper, which guide airflow to the radiator. In the rear, the backlight slopes to meet a short, high trunk lid, which terminates sharply to help air separate cleanly off the back of the car at speed.
The TSX is available in seven exterior colors: Satin Silver Metallic, White Pearl, Nighthawk Black Pearl, Arctic Blue Metallic, Meteor Silver Metallic, Milano Red and Carbon Gray Pearl.
The five-passenger interior of the TSX is sporty yet refined with modern LED- illuminated instrumentation, intuitive controls, and a long list of standard luxury amenities. The comprehensively equipped TSX features deeply bolstered, perforated leather seating, a leather-wrapped three-spoke sport steering wheel with wheel-mounted audio and cruise control switches, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power moonroof, a 360-watt Acura Premium Sound System, power windows and door locks and keyless entry. Standard 8-way power driver’s seat adjustment and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel allow the TSX to accommodate a wide range of drivers.
The Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition is available as a factory-installed option. This latest-generation navigation system features an 8-inch touch screen display, a comprehensive destination guide with 7 million points of interest spanning the continental United States, 3-D graphics for freeway on and off ramps and turn-by-turn voice guidance.

In addition to its highly rigid, computer-designed structure, the TSX incorporates a vast arsenal of the latest safety technologies. It is the first Acura to feature standard side curtain airbags to help protect vehicle occupants from head and neck injuries in the event of a side impact. To ensure that the airbag covers the front and rear side windows instantaneously, compressed helium inflators deploy the curtain in a mere 0.015 seconds.
The TSX is also equipped with dual-stage, dual-threshold driver’s and front passenger’s airbags, and side airbags for the driver and front passenger. The passenger’s side airbag uses seven sensors in the seatback and side bolster to determine the height and position of the occupant. If the sensors detect that a child or small-statured adult is leaning into the deployment path of the side airbag, it prevents deployment.
The TSX will go on sale in April, 2003 and be priced between $25,000 and $30,000. Acura projects sales of 15,000 units a year.
Like all Acura models, the 2004 TSX is covered by a comprehensive 4-year/50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty. Additional ownership benefits include Acura Total Luxury Care (TLC), which provides free 24-hour roadside assistance, concierge service, and trip routing.
For more information about Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries, please visit www.acuranews.com.

Type R Positive
02-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Holy crap! after reading that, I might have to buy one! :):):)

carbine
02-10-2004, 10:06 PM
It has a great engine design, it has vtec and cam phasing, its big capacity for a 4. Its specs are inline with the tsx which is tuned for 92 octane, the euro requires premium unleaded fuels (96 octane). So it should be producing more power but it doesn't. The head is the same configuration as the k20 type-r engines, the r's must be pnp'd and must have an upgraded valvetrain. The compression is likely to be lower then the k20 R's and it would probably have weaker cams. The intake and exhaust manifold are quite restrictive compared to the R's and the fly by wire tb is probaly crap aswell.

Really if your not happy with the perfomance get hold of tangy and ask him to get some k20 type-r parts. I would look at the valvetrain and cams first biggest gains will be here without changing the pistons. Checking for valve clearance is a must with new cams and valve train especially with the cam phasing system. Get a thinner head gasket to raise the compression a little. I don't think a type-r header will fit the k24 as the block is longer, but if it can a bit of power will be found here. I think some of the US header manufacturers should start turning out k24 hearders soonish. Type-r manifold i dont think will fit either because of the fbw throttle system, a bit of port matching wouldn't harm the k24 manifold though. Once hondata sort out the tuning for the tsx then we will start seeing big gains in tsx/euro performace.

With a lower C/R then the rxs/integra type-s/r this should be a good candidate for some solid stock block turbo setups, but once again lack of tuning is holding this option back at the moment.

It would be interesting whether a DC5 throttle system could be retrofited to a euro to use the hondata k series. The chasis harness of the euro should fit a DC5 ecu without much trouble. The engine harnesses would be similar apart from the throttle system.

Hasport has an ek civic with a built k24 block/rsx type-r head with a big snail pushing 600+hp. Big power for a 4!!!!

Food for thought.

In a couple of years time when the euro's are nearer to 20G's then 30 and most are out of warranty they could be quite interesting toys to play with. Im saving $$$.

Type R Positive
04-10-2004, 08:19 AM
just wait for comptec or Jackson racing supercharger system. Easier, cheaper and heaps more power. The heads are not interchangable and neither are the cams. Don't waste your money.