PDA

View Full Version : Need help with running amp cable to battery

dansanhdieu
23-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I am in process of installing Double DIn DVD Player + Mono Amp + Sub for my Euro . Just picked up the double din kit from Honda Dealer in Homebush today , still waiting for the wiring harness to be sending from ebay seller in US .

I am stuck running the Red Amp Cable to the battery . I can't find any hole to go through the firewall between internal and engine bay . I notice that my battery on the left hand side so i am thinking about running amp cable on left hand side and RCA cable on the right hand side .

Do i need to drill a new hole for this cable on Euro , anyone have done this b4 please help .

Pumped
23-07-2008, 05:03 PM
there is a big rubber grommet where the standard loom taps through the firewall,
Your best bet i think is to make a very small incision in the rubber, and squeeze the power wire through there
anything below 2 gauge should be fine

aaronng
23-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Or you can pull the rubber grommet off the firewall, squeeze the wire through the grommet without needing to cut the rubber, routing it into the area behind the glove box and then putting the grommet back onto the firewall.

EuroSteve
23-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Check out the photos in this post http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1584200&postcount=50 (and others I made in that thread for more info)

There is a large rubber grommet on the passenger side of the firewall that has the enough space to accommodate at least a 4 gauge (in my case) power cable. Remove the OEM electrical tape from around the grommet until you can see the existing wires going through it, then feed in your power cable stretching the grommet (it's quite flexible). Depending on how flexible your power cable is, it may find its way onto the passenger floor as you feed it in, otherwise you might need to help it with some coat-hanger wire. Reapply quality electrical tape around the grommet.

The whole process seems tricky at first, but I actually found it pretty straight forward, and as added bonus, you don't do anything to your Euro that can't be undone (eg. drilling another hole...).

HTH

-Steve

Edit: beaten :(

tron07
24-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Running only a monoblock, a 4 guage cable would be fine also.

dansanhdieu
24-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Check out the photos in this post http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1584200&postcount=50 (and others I made in that thread for more info)

There is a large rubber grommet on the passenger side of the firewall that has the enough space to accommodate at least a 4 gauge (in my case) power cable. Remove the OEM electrical tape from around the grommet until you can see the existing wires going through it, then feed in your power cable stretching the grommet (it's quite flexible). Depending on how flexible your power cable is, it may find its way onto the passenger floor as you feed it in, otherwise you might need to help it with some coat-hanger wire. Reapply quality electrical tape around the grommet.

The whole process seems tricky at first, but I actually found it pretty straight forward, and as added bonus, you don't do anything to your Euro that can't be undone (eg. drilling another hole...).

HTH

-Steve

Edit: beaten :(

Ah , i see it now . i saw the rubber part before but it too tight and i didn't think i can't get through also didn't want to damage anything before asking here to confirm . Your pics help alot .

YEs my cable is only 4 gauge for the mono amp only . I will connect front and back speaker straight to headunit

IN the double din kit i received from Honda come with a Cable to connect between the new player (OEM From Honda ) to AUX Input ( White socket ) behind the OEM HU where other user in this forum use to connect their ipod cable . I wonder ring if i can use that cable to power up my New headunit ( i can see it have red , yellow , black ) not sure about exac pin out