PDA

View Full Version : Question for euro cl9 2003

kongfu
23-07-2008, 05:15 PM
HI all
i am helping my fried who got a CL9 euro 2003 to post a few question here to se who can help out!
1. is it JDM CL7 EURO R = AUDM CL9 but with different engine ?
2. CL9 gear box able to fit DC5 clutch / LSD / final drive gear (4.7 or 5.1 for DC5R)
3. any one know where to get aftermarket LSD and fina ldrive gear (4.7 or 5.1) for CL9
4. any one got any recommended engine mod (cams and cam gear) to intorduce to my fd to install to the CL9 EURo ?

thx for hte help guys!

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 05:36 PM
yes to those.
search here to find your answers....

JunYu
23-07-2008, 06:02 PM
1. euroR has the k20a same engine as the jdm dc5 type r i believe, it also has recaros, sports pedals, gunmetal sports wheels, sports bodykit.

2. I believe so, I know a guy who has put in a dc5r clutch and flywheel.

3. sorry, don't know.

4. sorry don't know.

i'm not much help! lol sorry.

Type R Positive
23-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Tell your mate to start with headers / exhaust, CAI, DC5 flywheel / clutch.
Awesome gains with those. Headers the best gains.

kongfu
24-07-2008, 12:47 AM
thx for the reply guy..
my mates car already got those headers / exhaust, CAI, flywheel / clutch / intake
but just wanna see if OEM DC5r lsd and final drive gear will fit the CL9 6 spd box in order to get better response and change cams to get more pwr gain instead of K20a head!

Type R Positive
24-07-2008, 01:26 AM
IPS k2 stroker cam is what he'll want!

Has he got ECU tuning? Big gains there.

tony1234
24-07-2008, 07:25 AM
thx for the reply guy..
my mates car already got those headers / exhaust, CAI, flywheel / clutch / intake
but just wanna see if OEM DC5r lsd and final drive gear will fit the CL9 6 spd box in order to get better response and change cams to get more pwr gain instead of K20a head!
PM aaronng here,he has DC5R LSD, lightened flywheel and clutch.For cams you're going to need a programmable ECU otherwise you'll get next to no gains.

tron07
24-07-2008, 09:37 AM
why not ask your mate to post instead of you being the middle man passing info to and fro?

aaronng
24-07-2008, 10:09 AM
HI all
i am helping my fried who got a CL9 euro 2003 to post a few question here to se who can help out!
Get him/her to join Ozhonda. We don't bite, just nibble.

1. is it JDM CL7 EURO R = AUDM CL9 but with different engine ?
The chassis is similar. The closest to CL7 Euro R is the 2006 Euro Sports and 2007 Euro Limited Edition. The difference like others have said are the seat, different headunit colour, engine, clutch, flywheel, LSD and gear ratios.

2. CL9 gear box able to fit DC5 clutch / LSD / final drive gear (4.7 or 5.1 for DC5R)
You can fit the DC5 clutch if you also change to a DC5 flywheel. Yes, you can fit the DC5 LSD. No, you cannot fit the final drive from the DC5R. There are a few differences. You can try using the final drive from the TSX instead which is 4.788.

3. any one know where to get aftermarket LSD and fina ldrive gear (4.7 or 5.1) for CL9
Honda OEM DC5R LSD wiil fit. You can buy it used here on Ozhonda. Someone was selling one for $600-650. Or you can get the traders to order parts in. I know JDMYard can order anything in from Honda Japan as long as you have the part number. For aftermarket LSD, no guarantee it will fit. But you can try JDMYard or Perfectrun.com.au. For the final drive, I recommend TSX, not DC5R.

4. any one got any recommended engine mod (cams and cam gear) to intorduce to my fd to install to the CL9 EURo ?
Speak to Eur003act and EuroAccord13. They have different/aftermarket cams.

kongfu
24-07-2008, 10:16 AM
arronng : i post for him as a middle man because he cannot log on to this forum as member due to he do not have a e-mail account that is this forum will accept....

so what is the TSX ..... where can he order the final drive ??

type r positive: he got aftermarket ecu but what is the web site to search for the cams u suggested!

aaronng
24-07-2008, 10:19 AM
arronng : i post for him as a middle man because he cannot log on to this forum as member due to he do not have a e-mail account that is this forum will accept....

so what is the TSX ..... where can he order the final drive ??

How does he connect to the internet at home? If he has ADSL or cable, the ISP gives you up to 5 email addresses. Just get him to sign up with that.

TSX = USDM CL9.

Type R Positive
24-07-2008, 10:21 AM
type r positive: he got aftermarket ecu but what is the web site to search for the cams u suggested!
http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/default.html
Just google it, and you will get plenty of info / dyno charts and that sort of stuff.
IPS seem to be 'cam of choice' with the guys in the states.

kongfu
24-07-2008, 10:29 AM
arronng: i will tell him to try today! thx for advise....but i think this post i will just keep it or ask him to start another one ?

aaronng
24-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Ask him to post in here.