PDA

View Full Version : Coilover question.

krzy
24-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Heya,
Im running King LOWS on my ej8 atm, and im after going even lower, whats the go with coilovers and sleeves? can i use my king low springs on some sleeves over my stock shocks? please help lol im on a tight budget so what would be the cheapest way of getting it lower, other than cutting springs :P

LLS
24-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Get Superlows?

Zdster
24-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Heya,
Im running King LOWS on my ej8 atm, and im after going even lower, whats the go with coilovers and sleeves? can i use my king low springs on some sleeves over my stock shocks? please help lol im on a tight budget so what would be the cheapest way of getting it lower, other than cutting springs :P

Get a bag of bricks and put them in your boot.

As above, if you are on that tight of a budget get lower springs rather than sleeves (have a search both here and honda-tech and you will see they are not the best idea).

krzy
24-07-2008, 05:13 PM
haha yeh, i got about 40kg worth ov audio in the back.. yeh super lows sounds alright

cristian
24-07-2008, 05:21 PM
suspension is something you really dont want to cut corners on...

u dont want to trade off safety for the sake of making ur car more aesthetically pleasing...

like whats been said above, lower springs would be the recommended option rather than sleeves...
and if u can, save up for shocks to match in future...

dsp26
25-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Get a bag of bricks and put them in your boot.

As above, if you are on that tight of a budget get lower springs rather than sleeves (have a search both here and honda-tech and you will see they are not the best idea).

agreed hardcore!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

but to start off the OP:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78645&highlight=sleeve

embrace
25-07-2008, 10:39 PM
coilover sleeves have smaller springs so no you wont be able to use the kingsprings with the sleeve kit