PDA

View Full Version : Accord V6 Review

yfin
26-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I just read this review on car advice

http://www.caradvice.com.au/14484/ford-vs-holden-vs-honda-vs-toyota-luxury-large-car-comparison/

Overall it is a good result for the Accord although I think the acceleration times are very dissapointing. Everyone on here talks about the V6 Accord like it is a rocket and it can't even beat the commodore (with the much unloved V6 engine).

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/gallery/performance_figures.JPG

I also think this whole cylinder deactivation is a gimmick if the Accord uses the most fuel in the comparison! Marketing over engineering.

Ford Falcon G6E: 9.8L/100km
Holden Commodore Calais V6: 10.9L/100km
Toyota Aurion Presara: 10.5L/100km
Honda Accord V6 Luxury: 10.6L/100km

The fuel consumption figures included highway, city and performance driving.The Falcon also recorded the best low fuel consumption of 7.9L/100km.

dyljoy
26-07-2008, 06:00 PM
i read this review yesterday as well, i think the result is fair for all competitors, imo honda one still the best value in class.

aaronng
26-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Overall it is a good result for the Accord although I think the acceleration times are very dissapointing. Everyone on here talks about the V6 Accord like it is a rocket and it can't even beat the commodore (with the much unloved V6 engine).

I reckon the Holden V6 in the VE Omega is pretty good. At full throttle, the auto can outpace a manual Euro and fuel consumption is significantly improved over the VZ's V6 engine.

hotout
28-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I think in terms of fuel consumption, you need to look at the gearing too....some of these cars might have really tall gearing which would have a impact on the highway leg of the test..

In summary real world fuel consumption could be quite diff from those figures..

Pumped
28-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I tend to take Reviews with a grain of salt nowadays,
Personal preference is all that matters when picking a car ultimately
Those Fuel consumption figures seem a bit off the mark.
Real world i'd expect the Aurion & Accord to be more efficient then the other two
They always claimed BA falcons as being much more efficient they there were
my previous work car was a BA Xr6 with 100% city driving it was more thirsty then my current VE SS, And more thirsty on the highway too..

I doubt the revised falcon motor is that much more efficient, Pretty descent on the highway but how often does that happen for most of us

aaronng
28-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I doubt the revised falcon motor is that much more efficient, Pretty descent on the highway but how often does that happen for most of us
I can't say for the Falcon, but I have driven both the VZ and VE Commodores. The VZ was sitting at 9L/100km on the freeway and about 13L/100km in the suburbs. The VE on the other hand was doing 7.5-8L/100km on the freeway and about 11L/100km in the suburbs. Impressive considering that power output is increased and the VE has more goodies to pile on the weight.

UNLS1
29-07-2008, 09:10 AM
remember the falcons and commos have 6 spd autos, thats what the accord needs.