PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to the Honda family - 06 euro lux story

slknv
26-07-2008, 04:34 PM
G'day guys,

Thought I might post in this forum as I'm coming back to being a Honda driver :wave: I've had a civic, prelude, V6 accord, SLK, WRX, but have traded my wrx in for a 2006 euro lux auto in milano red - what a beauty!

Why a euro lux? I was getting sick of idiots trying their luck against the WRX, plus I'm getting to be an old bugger, so I wanted something a lot more confortable and leisurely. Not a boy racer anymore. My list of cars to get were Audi S5, Audi RS4, E46 M3 and C32 - cars with both power and luxury. The only problem was that I need a comfortable car for daily driving and a proper sports car for the weekend - I could see more compromises coming. That was the problem with the WRX - great for track days but a bitch to street drive. Also my fiance needs a new car as her ancient accord is having more problems, so it works out that 2 nice cars is the solution rather than 1 of my dream cars (for now) :(

Plus, my fiance can't drive manual :thumbdwn: so needed something she could drive as well; going to be more her car than mine.

Solution? Signed papers today to trade in my wrx on the euro lux - I pick it up this Wednesday 30th. First impressions from the drive today? Very very comfortable! Great seats, very nice dashboard. Not particularly quick, but that was coming straight out of my wrx. Fast enough anyway for my fiance. I absolutely love the red colour, though my fiance still isn't convinced (I figure I'm paying for it, so it's my choice over hers!). Interior is black, black and more black - I like the ivory leather interior more, but it doesn't come with the milano red colour. Nice to have a sunroof again too!

I did notice on the test drive there was once a creak I heard in the rear left suspension, but after another 20 mins of driving I couldn't hear it again - is there any known suspension problems in this model? Anyway I've got balance of factory warranty plus another 3 years as it was from a Honda dealer.

Just needs an MP3 player of some kind, so will get one of those X-link things or an ebay mp3 adapter.

So that's the daily driver side taken care of. Weekend car? I've got a mint GTR on the boat from Japan, should be here in the next 2 weeks, and that'll be the weekend track monster.

Will post more pics when the accord arrives :p

Tim

LXRY
26-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome back.......... ;)