PDA

View Full Version : ep3 grille for es

NeuroX
01-11-2003, 10:05 PM
i looking at getting the mugen ep3 civic front grille for my 7th gen es sedan

does anyone know if the front grille on the sedan is the same as on the type r??

7th Gen
01-11-2003, 11:24 PM
where would you order it from? o/s?
(out of curiousity, who's the mugen distributor here in aus?)

well here in syd there is this place called SRS http://www.srsauto.com/main.html
on the LHS, go to product - exterior products - front grills

again, for the sydneysiders, this place is a bit like autojoy in parra
has anyone ever bought anything from SRS, and if so, was the service etc good?

NeuroX
02-11-2003, 09:27 AM
i've got a friend who's in japan atm on an exchange program, with the current exchange for the yen, its about 350 aud for the ep mugen grille, the only problem is will it fit into the es sedan

i've seen the grilles on srsauto, not really my cup of tea. . . as for mugen distributor, theres one in qld http://www.racingspec.com.au/ but i think they only have mugen exhaust and extractors. . .

7th Gen
02-11-2003, 11:42 AM
don't know if the EP grille fits the ES sedan, i suppose if your friend is over there he can ask at the place where you/he intends to get it? they would know for sure (you would think)

worst thing is getting something only to find out it doesn't fit.........

B_390_LU
03-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi all,that EP grille won't find our ES sedan,they're totally different car.

NeuroX: can u pls check the marketplace section,I have seat covers for sale and if you're not interested, tell your friends and relatives who have the same car about it :)

NeuroX
03-11-2003, 04:36 PM
r u sure? they look very similar. . . :? i really want that grille. .

B_390_LU: thanx for the offer but im saving for CF bonnet atm, sorrie!

7th Gen
03-11-2003, 05:37 PM
r u sure? they look very similar. . . :? i really want that grille. .

Neurox, can you post up some pics so we know what you are talking about?

for mugen parts also try http://www.kingmotorsports.com/

like i said b4, no idea if there is even an aus distributor..........

NeuroX
03-11-2003, 08:21 PM
this is the grille im refering to. . . http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic_ep/type_r.htm

7th Gen
03-11-2003, 10:10 PM
ah yes, the one with the slighty offset 'mugen' badge

AP1 F20c
04-11-2003, 11:32 AM

No one ... :arrow:

vti-2
04-11-2003, 11:49 AM
where would you order it from? o/s?

Australia's Mugen distributor is based in Victoria but i can't find their contact details right now...

Will post here when i get them.

AP1 F20c
04-11-2003, 01:47 PM
Mugen reseller you mean, Access Auto ... ? There are only 3 authorized Mugen distributors outside of Japan, non of them being in this country.

vti-2
04-11-2003, 03:05 PM
you mean, Access Auto ... ?

Yep... so they are only resellers?

7th Gen
04-11-2003, 05:12 PM
importers, resellers, as long as you can get the goods, does it really matter

of course the prices will be jacked up big time :lol: :lol:

AP1 F20c
04-11-2003, 06:20 PM
You can get it anywhere, for the matter of fact ... The Yanks will most likely have em in stock outside of Japan. If you don't care about paying big dollars for Mugen, there are lots of sources online for those.

I doubt any reseller for Mugen in Australia will have what I'd call "everything" or generally "needed" stuff in stock, you can order and it'd take awhile to arrive, that's Australia though, nothing is usually available.

Distributors on the other hand are different, they're required at least to have a minimal stockpile of an "X" amount/type of goods. If not, they can provide you with an accurate ballpark wait time ... Since no one wants to wait for anything they buy. You'd tend to have a higher likelihood getting what you want immediately from an authorized "distributor" when compared with any other "reseller" out there.

7th Gen
04-11-2003, 06:26 PM
so you might as well order from the manufacturer direct then? and pay big time - firstly overpriced goods, then insurance, postage and handling......................etc

AP1 F20c
04-11-2003, 06:27 PM
King Motorsports Limited - http://www.kingmotorsports.com/
105 East Main Street Sullivan WI 53178 US

Four SSA - http://www.4-s.ch/
5 Rue de la Bergers
BP 123 CH-1242 Satigny
Geneva Switzerland

AAI Motorsports - http://www.aai-racing.com.tw/
324 Sec 2 Chien Kuo South Road
Taipei Taiwan

AP1 F20c
04-11-2003, 06:37 PM
so you might as well order from the manufacturer direct then? and pay big time - firstly overpriced goods, then insurance, postage and handling......................etc

Looks like you've never bought anything "JDM" have you? Unfortunately for all of us who want "JDM" the manufacturers isn't and aren't going to entertain "Out Of Japan" sales/business opportunities, thus the establishment of "Official Distribution Channels" to cater for the need/demand outside of Japan. So you go to these channels if you want their products, simple as that. Or resellers who get their products from wherever else and slap on an even higher price or a lower price compared to the offical distributors but with an exaggerated wait time because they have nothing ever in stock.

Put it this way, everything from Mugen IS expensive, if you don't have the budget, you'd be very pissed off after you get their products only to be outperformed by other JDM manufacturers who can do the same thing if not better for ½ or ¼ of their prices. While insurance and all the government redtape to get goods from one country to another is out of the hands of anyone. So you'd just have to pay it, to get your toys. Everyone follows the same road, there are no real exceptions.

7th Gen
04-11-2003, 07:51 PM
nah i haven't bought anything JDM and i don't intend to. at the end of the day Honda Aus is just another business, it has to make $$$. if it costs too much for them to bring out the good stuff to Aus (i.e. EP3 CTR) then they simply won't do it, it's not good business sense. if it's not going to make them money/a profit why do it? at the end of the day you have to keep the majority happy, if you a few hardcore people unhappy cause you don't bring in what they want, then so be it

it's only performance nuts and enthusiasts who discuss it and (occassionally) get worked up over it on forums like this. no offence

we all want stuff the other guy or someone else in another country does, if we can't then i think most people just live with it

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 10:38 AM
nah i haven't bought anything JDM and i don't intend to. at the end of the day Honda Aus is just another business, it has to make $$$. if it costs too much for them to bring out the good stuff to Aus (i.e. EP3 CTR) then they simply won't do it, it's not good business sense. if it's not going to make them money/a profit why do it? at the end of the day you have to keep the majority happy, if you a few hardcore people unhappy cause you don't bring in what they want, then so be it

I don't understand how someone wants to know where to buy an aftermarket grille can turn the topic into why this won't enter the country and why you can't buy that. Is this relevant?

it's only performance nuts and enthusiasts who discuss it and (occassionally) get worked up over it on forums like this. no offence

The problem online these days is people discuss too much and do too little, reflecting on what others have done and take their judgement from there with zero real-time experience. Every review, every product with a description on PROs and CONs are all personal reflects, how much it will do to benefit an individual is entirely up to one who buys em. I don't think anyone is worked-up around here if you ask me. If you don't discuss and do your homework about what a product, what else can you talk about online in car forums?

we all want stuff the other guy or someone else in another country does, if we can't then i think most people just live with it

I wouldn't use the term "WE ALL", there is no "WE ALL" ... It's all an individual pursuit. And most certainly the rest of your comment is pointless. Do you understand why people mod/tune/change their cars whether it's for a visual purpose or a performance improvement factor? Or do you simply think "WE ALL" worship JDM because it's JDM rather than anything else ... ?

NeuroX
05-11-2003, 12:13 PM
all i wanted to know, is if the grille would fit. . . :?

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 01:13 PM
Seeing that no one has done and it and you wanna be the first, it's a "try-and-test" situation. If it fits, good. If it doesn't, you'd just have to sell. There's no other way to tell, pictures make look exactly identical but fitting can be a completely different issue. :arrow:

7th Gen
05-11-2003, 05:38 PM

I don't understand how someone wants to know where to buy an aftermarket grille can turn the topic into why this won't enter the country and why you can't buy that. Is this relevant?

well i would say it is. if a manufacturer brings in something, say an EP3 CTR, isn't it reasonable to say that you would bring in the spare parts for it as well? but since Honda Aus doesn't, then speculation if it fits or doesn't fit is pointless. there is no point in stocking parts for something which you don't officially sell/import here right? there is even less chance of getting the aftermarket part for the car which you don't officially sell/import here

i read your next post and yes i agree, you have to 'try and test' as you put it. although it is highly unlikely that a part designed for a different model will fit.

NeuroX, sorry to turn your thread into this sort of thing, i don't intend to come on here and annoy people (obviously i have), i see it so often on forums and sometimes it does put me off posting

AP1 F20c, thanks, i respect your point of view

QED

NeuroX
05-11-2003, 05:48 PM
its all good :) though not exactly the answer i was after

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 06:19 PM
well i would say it is. if a manufacturer brings in something, say an EP3 CTR, isn't it reasonable to say that you would bring in the spare parts for it as well? but since Honda Aus doesn't, then speculation if it fits or doesn't fit is pointless. there is no point in stocking parts for something which you don't officially sell/import here right?

This is a JDM Mugen part and I don't see how it's got anything related to whether Honda AU sells the EP3R in AU or not. Even if it Honda AU DID sell this car for the AU market, this grille will still only fit the correct listed car in any continent. The question here is, "Will the JDM Mugen EP3R grille fit the ES sedan?" That's all to it, full stop.

there is even less chance of getting the aftermarket part for the car which you don't officially sell/import here

Let's take this entire thread out of question, I'd compare a car that Honda AU sells here that is identical to a JDM spec. We'd go easy, the Civic VTi-R / aka SiR, chassis code - EK4. Now as you know this car is virtually identical to the one sold in Japan, how much chance or should I say efforts does anyone need to getting a genuine Mugen front grille or even the genuine JDM Civic EK9 Type R grille that is a straight drop plug-n-play these days?

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 06:30 PM
And NeuroX, if you're the same person asking the same question on the http://www.7thgencivic.com/ forum as well, the Yanks have answered your question. It does NOT fit, unfortunately. The shape and basic dimension measurements don't even add up to be the same. The official distributor in the States have also clearly stated it does NOT fit export EP/ES chassis Civics.

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/mugen_aero_civic_ep3_si_3.jpg

http://www.hrcwclub.com/hrcwboard/dspimg.asp?id=3648

Don't ask me what grille is on that Thai ES, I'm absolutely sure it's not genuine Mugen though. So this should rest your queries. Unless you want to go out and buy one and try it for yourself.

NeuroX
05-11-2003, 08:01 PM
yeah i did post up the same topic on the 7thgencivic.com, but being an american site, i wasnt sure if the USDM were the same as the JDM
hence the grille wont fit in the US models, but i might be able to fit in ours, since they're the same as the japs

the hell with it, i'll just ask honda au they might have some idea, and also get my friend to finds out before he buys it. .

AP1 F20c
06-11-2003, 11:00 AM
the hell with it, i'll just ask honda au they might have some idea, and also get my friend to finds out before he buys it.

Generally, Honda dealerships and people working there don't even know what Mugen is ... Let alone know what is for what. Their knowledge is everything the brochure has to offer in a nutshell.

While the US version is similar to the AU version, only the EP3R is JDM. Fact is probably the EP3R isn't even JDM. EP3Rs were developed by the Honda UK counterparts not Japan. Bottom line, I don't believe the EP3R grille will fit your ES grille, the headlights design and shape itself looks completely different. If you don't see it online being done by others, often it's a clear indication that it doesn't work.

Malenic1981
08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
My god what a tread hehe

anyway, does anyone know if mugen grille for EP3 makes mugen air system work better, because it has that inlet in front, and mugen bage on grille is on side, ist because of intake (to ge more air)??

this is what im talking about
http://http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/product/medium/27_5_.jpg

Riced_Civic
09-05-2008, 08:51 AM
i dont think it will (the grill that is) its to wide