PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control - Removal

timizkool
28-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Everyone!

I have the factory cruise control in my 5th gen lude.

**** ECU-MAN Edit; No EOI *****

Cheers!

ECU-MAN
29-07-2008, 08:56 AM
the cruise control actuator and throttle cable can be removed from the engine bay and the Cruise control ECU from under the dash can be removed, the wiring is intergrated into the mail wiring loom so you cant remove that.

its pointless to remove the cruise control from your car

migoreng
29-07-2008, 05:06 PM
want to do some weight reduction eh? :P
how much does the cc unit weigh?

just keep it..
one day you will be driving and you will be like doh! wish i had cruise control

timizkool
30-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Hahah doesnt look like it weighs very much so i have no idea.

I just wanna get rid of it.. i'm sure theres plenty of others out there that will make better use of it other then myself!

My car is a manual.. i've never used the darn thing before so i'm ashamed to say i dont even know how to operate the thing :(

I'm quite happy being actively involved in my driving lol

JSpec3
30-07-2008, 09:44 AM
and the next person to own it??? it's not worth the trouble mate.....

gReY-oNe
30-07-2008, 09:49 AM
LOL if its for weight reduction dont bother
its light as hell
less then a kilo i would say

i toke mine off but for space reasons not weight
i say just leave it

Brash22
30-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Do you use your spare tyre? If the answer is no, better remove it...

Seriously, just because you don't use it doesnt' mean you should remove it. All you wind up with is some empty holes on the steering wheel, a switch on the dash that does nothing (or a blank it it's location) and for what benifit?

stevek84
10-08-2008, 02:57 AM
yea timizkool why would u want to remove it?
u think removing it and selling it will get u enough $$ to buy a case of beezneez or something? DREAM ON SON!

SOULJAHZ
12-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Cruize Control is awsome.. i have so much fun with it.. its quality going up a hill and seeing it crank.. leave it, just in case u sell the lude..

Petronas
13-08-2008, 11:52 PM
The prelude cruise control is rubbish... I thought my 3rd gens was bad but then I got my 5th gen and seems like they haven't changed the system at all... Still a tad jumpy... I want accuracy mother f*cker!... lol

Buts that's not to say remove it... Keep it dude...

Bludger
14-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm quite happy being actively involved in my driving lolso on an 8 hour long drive, you're actively driving, constantly changing speeds between 120 and 80??? or thrashing it 150+????

I doubt it.

remove it and good luck selling it for anything decent later on.

ppl will look at the car and think that it has been molested, wouldn't even think of buying it.

kids these days.

wannabe racers.

skinnyboy
15-08-2008, 12:33 AM
I removed mine, i hate cruise control.

Likely hood of selling the car, nil...

timizkool
15-08-2008, 09:49 AM
so on an 8 hour long drive, you're actively driving, constantly changing speeds between 120 and 80??? or thrashing it 150+????

I doubt it.

remove it and good luck selling it for anything decent later on.

ppl will look at the car and think that it has been molested, wouldn't even think of buying it.

kids these days.

wannabe racers.

Actually just 2 weeks ago i was doing exactly just that (thrashing it between 80-120) for 4 hrs straight all the way the blue mountains! Thrashing it over 150 is just careless mate.. shouldnt someone as mature as yourself know that? ;)

Yes cos i'm a "kid" i worked 7 days a week/365 days a year to buy this car so i guess i worked too hard to sell this thing aye?

Good thing about "molested" cars is that no one would want to knock it off then hehe

YeP "kids" have alot of energy and watch alot of Initial D these days

Bludger
15-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Actually just 2 weeks ago i was doing exactly just that (thrashing it between 80-120) for 4 hrs straight all the way the blue mountains! Thrashing it over 150 is just careless mate.. shouldnt someone as mature as yourself know that? ;)

Yes cos i'm a "kid" i worked 7 days a week/365 days a year to buy this car so i guess i worked too hard to sell this thing aye?

Good thing about "molested" cars is that no one would want to knock it off then hehe

YeP "kids" have alot of energy and watch alot of Initial D these daysWelcome to OzHonda, you'll feel very welcome here, as there are many on here with the same intellect and maturity as yourself.

timizkool
15-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome to OzHonda, you'll feel very welcome here, as there are many on here with the same intellect and maturity as yourself.

Its your attitude that needs cruise control mate... a sense of humour might make you less grumpy maybe??

I'm done with this thread. A sincere thanks to everyone who has assisted with my query!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

94vtirozguy
15-08-2008, 11:34 AM
i can see a thread in a few months, how to install cruise control, i have one point left because of speeding.

Petronas
15-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Welcome to OzHonda, you'll feel very welcome here, as there are many on here with the same intellect and maturity as yourself.

Its your attitude that needs cruise control mate... a sense of humour might make you less grumpy maybe??

I'm done with this thread. A sincere thanks to everyone who has assisted with my query!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i can see a thread in a few months, how to install cruise control, i have one point left because of speeding.

lol OzHonda, represent baby...

Someone close this thread...