PDA

View Full Version : Advice on good immobalizer / Alarm

Shraka
28-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi guys,

I posted this in the were/what to buy section, but it's kinda urgent so I need as many responses as I can and quickly.

Last weekend my car just died on me, and I had to spend $180 signing up to RACV, then $60 on towing to get it home once the RACV figured there was nothing he could do, and another $88 on towing getting it to the service centre.

Turns out that the bloody immobilizer wasn't un-immobilizing properly, and it wasn't letting power go to the ignition module despite appearing as if it had un-immobilized properly. The thing has been a pain the arse for ages, I should have replaced it ages ago, but live and learn I guess.

So my question is, what are some good alarms / immobilizers for Integras, or just cars in general? It has to be at least a 2 point immob for insurance reasons.

Suggestions? What do you guys use?

It's pretty urgent as it's in the shop now and I can't drive it insured without one.

GreekWarrior
28-07-2008, 10:16 PM
I got a mongoose imb. on my teg, it's pretty good.

what was the one that was on there originally?

Shraka
29-07-2008, 10:52 AM
I got a mongoose imb. on my teg, it's pretty good.

what was the one that was on there originally?

I have no idea, Honda Doncaster installed it.

rainor
29-07-2008, 03:59 PM
it's not just the type of alarm, but who installs it aswell. you can have a good alarm but if installed poorly, it's useless

90xsi
29-07-2008, 04:16 PM
look into python or viper,
they are both made by directed
very good alarm systems
otherwise cyclops is good value for money

Shraka
29-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Anyone know anything about VISION immobs and alarms?