PDA

View Full Version : New to tha club

Tha Hombre
01-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey there all! I've posted a topic in introductions, but i'm after some help in choosing a lude.

I'm yet to buy one, but within the month (at the latest), i should be owning a '98/'99 VTiR, manual prelude. Hopefully be able to get one around $25,000, so then i can add a couple grand to personalise it :wink:

Could anyone please suggest anything i should be looking for when buying one 2nd hand. Are there any good suggested places i should see in Melbourne?

I've test driven a couple and it got me hooked. They're so much fun to drive.

How is the reliability of them? What should i look out for? How much is minor/major servicing? What are some easy performance mods & how much do they cost?

Sorry about all the questions, but ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Dom

azjs
02-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Hey Dom,

Welcome to the club! Like most Hondas, the reliability is paramount, but you will find some things are the same across the board. The most apparent problem with 5th Gen ludes is the auto SS transmission. The fact that you're getting a manual serves to rid you of the problem already :)

Also, there are a few lude owners in Melbourne that may be able to help you out location-wise as to where to look for your dream lude, and also hook you up with good places to start personalising! :D - check out the link in my sig...

cheers

-az

LUD02C
02-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the Prelude club...
Your right about driving them, my brother owned one and they are a sweet ride!

As for problems, my brother didn't have any, Honda service is a rip off and mods well

1/ Extractors/High Flow Cat/Exhaust
2/ Drop it about 2 inches
3/ 18" Rim's
4/ Stereo (most important) depending on budget
5/ Cold air intake

Plus others, now they seem to be the basic mod's but Honda's come finally tuned from the factory so you can't do much with them!

Jason

Tha Hombre
03-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the response so far!

Does cold air intake do all that much (seeing as it's NA)?? How many kw would it add (if any)??

There will be about a $15,000+ stereo system going in. So that's taken care of :lol:

A'PEXi
03-11-2003, 01:04 PM
good luck finding the lude mate... , welcome 2 the forums :)

as for wheels, LEWD is selling his in the marketplace i think?? 18" racing harts??

LUD02C
03-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Cold air intake will help but not much...
Extra Kw maybe .6 or so :D
But it sounds kewl :D
Like when you have webbers...

azjs
03-11-2003, 06:14 PM
It's really hard to determine, or give you a solid number to go on as to what gains you get from any bolt ons... from what I've seen it can range from anything between 2hp to 8hp increase realistically...

LEWD's sold off his car already, but I'm not sure if the wheels went with it too

-az

Calvo
03-11-2003, 07:52 PM
haha get a 4th gen and build urself a nice lude like az's :D
thats wat i'd do anyway.... or ill do that to my accord :P hahahaha

and welcome btw

azjs
03-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Hehehe thanks dude... she's still got a lot of work to do... as soon asI get some sort of income happening again haha

-az

Calvo
03-11-2003, 10:29 PM
ohh so u stopped drug dealin now az??
haha j/k :D

azjs
04-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Yeah, you quit! so I had to too :P

-az

Calvo
04-11-2003, 10:58 AM
dont tell everyone man!!