PDA

View Full Version : accord euro speaker questions

Des5001
30-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Im Des, i recently got a 07 euro and im not to happy with the sound, just wondering if there are RCA's on the back of the Nav unit so i can throw sum amps in? if there are no RCA's is it still possible to add an amp sum how? and is it true that there is a sub standard in these cars?
also how do i connect a MP3 player to the AUX in, i cant find the AUX in port anywhere?
and what size speakers fit into it with out havin to cut stuff, like i need the depth and general size? or just a DIY on how to remove the door trim so i can see for my self what will fit

thanks heaps

tony1234
30-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Im Des, i recently got a 07 euro and im not to happy with the sound, just wondering if there are RCA's on the back of the Nav unit so i can throw sum amps in? if there are no RCA's is it still possible to add an amp sum how? and is it true that there is a sub standard in these cars?
also how do i connect a MP3 player to the AUX in, i cant find the AUX in port anywhere?
and what size speakers fit into it with out havin to cut stuff, like i need the depth and general size? or just a DIY on how to remove the door trim so i can see for my self what will fit

thanks heaps
You need line out converters to run amps and a sub.No sub in CL9.For the speakers upgrade the front with good quality 6"splits and the rears with some good 6x9s.I'm running Boston splits in the front with Alpine DDdrives in the rear with a 4 channel 200W RMS Alpine amp.for the sub i'm running a 10"Kenwood with a 120WRMS bridged Kenwood amp using Sven LOCs.Front doors have been Dynamatted with insulating cups for the rears.I'm of course still using the OEM headunit.Very happy with the sound quality of my setup.

The X Man
30-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I can answer some question for you but not all.

If there are no RCA outs on the back of the head unit you can buy speaker to line level convertors from Jaycar which will solve this problem as most amps nowadays do not have high level inputs.

There are no Subs in CL9's. The tightarses at Honda did not add these to any model Aussie Euro except the new 2009 model (CU2).

Interested to find out about the AUX In port too. Anyone pulled out their Nav for a lookie?

Xplodin
30-07-2008, 08:49 PM
i can answer some question for you but not all.

If there are no rca outs on the back of the head unit you can buy speaker to line level convertors from jaycar which will solve this problem as most amps nowadays do not have high level inputs.

There are no subs in cl9's. The tightarses at honda did not add these to any model aussie euro except the new 2009 model (cu2).

Interested to find out about the aux in port too. Anyone pulled out their nav for a lookie?

fixed :d

Des5001
30-07-2008, 10:28 PM
You need line out converters to run amps and a sub.No sub in CL9.For the speakers upgrade the front with good quality 6"splits and the rears with some good 6x9s.I'm running Boston splits in the front with Alpine DDdrives in the rear with a 4 channel 200W RMS Alpine amp.for the sub i'm running a 10"Kenwood with a 120WRMS bridged Kenwood amp using Sven LOCs.Front doors have been Dynamatted with insulating cups for the rears.I'm of course still using the OEM headunit.Very happy with the sound quality of my setup.

the boston splits that u r running, what model r they? i need to find the depth of them cause im looking to get alpine type R splits SPR-17S but they are 5.9cm deep so i dont no if they will fit. also do u think a 6.5 inch speaker would fit in the 6 inch hole? im asking u cause u have seen whats in the door. i need to get my door trim out but dont no where to start

tony1234
31-07-2008, 07:31 AM
the boston splits that u r running, what model r they? i need to find the depth of them cause im looking to get alpine type R splits SPR-17S but they are 5.9cm deep so i dont no if they will fit. also do u think a 6.5 inch speaker would fit in the 6 inch hole? im asking u cause u have seen whats in the door. i need to get my door trim out but dont no where to start
I didn't install my gear,i got it done for me.i think you need a spacer(10-15mm) to bring the front speaker out a bit so you don't have to do any cutting of the door behind the speaker.Not sure about 6.5"fitting.I've got Boston Rallys.