PDA

View Full Version : either indicator is acting like hazard - help

MIRZ
30-07-2008, 09:37 PM
just noticed today that whenever i turn on eeither side indicator it work like hazard.

i meann all four indicators starts flashing, and on inside it also flashing indicators signals like hazrad is ON.

can someone pls tell me whats wrong here.

its a CD5.

CRXer
30-07-2008, 10:01 PM
have u got an alarm system which flashes the indicators when arming/disarming?

MIRZ
30-07-2008, 10:03 PM
yes, and that alaram system was flashing indicators before.

but just checked that now, and its not flashing indicators on arm/disarm anymore.

does it has something to do with diode which connects between alarm system and hazard?

CRXer
30-07-2008, 10:07 PM
yes, and that alaram system was flashing indicators before.

but just checked that now, and its not flashing indicators on arm/disarm anymore.

does it has something to do with diode which connects between alarm system and hazard?

i dont know how your alarm system is setup,whether it has 2 outputs for each indicator side or makes use of a single double pole relay for the indicators or could also use a diode to stop backfeed of the indicators.

but whatever it uses it sounds like that component has broken down,

MIRZ
30-07-2008, 10:11 PM
i dont know how your alarm system is setup,whether it has 2 outputs for each indicator side or makes use of a single double pole relay for the indicators or could also use a diode to stop backfeed of the indicators.

but whatever it uses it sounds like that component has broken down,

i am pretty sure mine was using diode to stop back feed of indicators. i will check that.

thanks very much for your quick response.

if someone has any other suggestions, please pass them here, thanks.

CRXer
30-07-2008, 10:17 PM
maybe step up the rating of the diode a little it sounds like its underrated.

FAT VTI
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
hmm,

have you installed a new head unit lately? I have seen this problem before due to the hazard connection (where the button is) not being in properly, or being continuously pushed in.