PDA

View Full Version : Cannon muffler or X-force twin loop muffler?

D16EK1
30-07-2008, 11:08 PM
my friend drives a 93' EG4 (i think its a eg4) so the engine is a D15B7 non v-tec and he was wondering what would be a cheaper way for good sound and better performance (driveablity) for a daily driver. the options are Hypertec Cannon and X-force twin loop.

i personally have the x-force twin loop catback and i am really happy i made the decision on buying the twin loop.

MM89
31-07-2008, 10:28 AM
afaik back pressure is undesired on any motor setup
i believe the idea is that smaller motors can't maintain a high velocity of gasses through such large pipes i.e. b16 with 3" exhausts

the whole 'it needs back pressure' idea is a myth
it needs an appropriate sized exhaust to keep exhaust gas velocity high
too big exhaust, and the motor can't move the gas through the large diameter pipes efficiently

this was quoted from the all motor thread..i think this would apply for your situation
too where your mate would like better driveability for a daily driver. if you're after better performance in normal street driving (1000-3000rpm), i believe a canon doesnt benefit you that much? though sound wise, obviously it'll make a big difference from a stock muffler. Twinloop will be good for having a slightly different exhaust note, yet not making it too loud so you'll get pulled over every 2 min.

DA9B18C
31-07-2008, 11:08 AM
for pure sound, go cannon and extra resonator. still pretty loud IMO