PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads - Replacement/Brands/Types

corn_flakes
31-07-2008, 01:26 PM
did a search and couldn't find any topics on brake pads in the euro section.

just wondering what brake pads you guys have used and your opinions of them. i'm at about 25,000kms on the clock and i've only got about 20% left on my front brake pads.

i've got some spare bendix 4wd brake pads lying around that would fit my car....what's the difference with the normal brake pads? and can i use these on my car?? i really can't see why i shouldn't....:)

i initially said no because i saw "4wd"...but after having a read on the bendix website i can't really see a negative for using these on my euro.

someone correct me if i'm wrong. :D

Crapdaz
31-07-2008, 01:30 PM
try it since they fit.

the stock pads don't bite as good as aftermarket ones.
and depending which aftermarket ones, the stock ones create more brake dust.

i've gone 67xxx and my stock pads are still 60%.
But i've changed to hawk performance carbon pads, a bit more dust though.

aaronng
31-07-2008, 01:51 PM
What car are the Bendix pads for? I am using Hawk Ceramic street pads from the US. AU$260 landed for both front and rear sets when I got them in 2006. Cheap and good for street. Not as good as Endless SSS when on track. Can't complain when the SSS cost $200-240 for just the front set.

corn_flakes
31-07-2008, 02:02 PM
not sure but it definately fits my euro...exact same size and all.

i'm just not sure because it was branded as "4WD". it says it's suitable for 4wds and suv's....and i can't see much of a difference with suv brake pads and a normal passenger car.

aaronng
31-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about it being labeled as "4WD". Probably be heavier duty as those pads might be designed to handle heavier loads but at the cost of noise/aggressiveness

tony1234
31-07-2008, 05:40 PM
not sure but it definately fits my euro...exact same size and all.

i'm just not sure because it was branded as "4WD". it says it's suitable for 4wds and suv's....and i can't see much of a difference with suv brake pads and a normal passenger car.
Could be more aggressive pad material so they may wear the rotors down quicker.

corn_flakes
31-07-2008, 06:33 PM
do rotors actually wear out that much?

seems more like the rotors will wear out the break pads rather than the other way around. :)

Crapdaz
31-07-2008, 06:40 PM
well it goes both ways, depending on the material of the pads + rotors.