PDA

View Full Version : CU2 first Service 1,000km

Economic
31-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi There,

I was at the dealer this morning for my CL9 and asked about the type of oil they use... i.e standard Honda Oil or Synthetic. He said that on the first service they replace the oil with standard Honda oil and change the Air filter.

He then said that they no longer do this service for the first 1000K's on CU2's. Either they don't service the cars at 1,000km's or they make you pay for oil and filter...

Could anyone please confirm?

Regards,
Eco,..

johnnyofhk
31-07-2008, 02:01 PM
for me cl9 1000 service few weeks before, they changed oil for me free of charge, not sure about the filter, they said they didn't do that before... or he just want me to feel special?

evolve88
31-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Oil change is needed for CL9 at 1000km, but the oil filter doesnt as stated in the service book. Usually labour is free of charge, and dealer just charge the oil. It was nice of your dealer to not charge ya.

It could be true that CU2 requires no oil change, I know that the some of the other Hondas eg Jazz dont need oil change at 1000km.

Crapdaz
31-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Oil change is needed for CL9 at 1000km, but the oil filter doesnt as stated in the service book. Usually labour is free of charge, and dealer just charge the oil. It was nice of your dealer to not charge ya.

It could be true that CU2 requires no oil change, I know that the some of the other Hondas eg Jazz dont need oil change at 1000km.

might be cause the engine works more efficiently.
considering you drive like a granny and your not meant to be thrashing your car the 1st 5xxx kms, to reduce expenses.

johnnyofhk
31-07-2008, 03:22 PM
might be cause the engine works more efficiently.
considering you drive like a granny and your not meant to be thrashing your car the 1st 5xxx kms, to reduce expenses.

but i read some article stated that we should drive it hard in the engine break in process~ anyone head of it? and of course we supposed to do it after warming up the engine

swork
31-07-2008, 04:03 PM
from memory the warranty book doesnt mention changing the oil and filter on the 1000km service, ill check when i get home

twing
31-07-2008, 04:15 PM
but i read some article stated that we should drive it hard in the engine break in process~ anyone head of it? and of course we supposed to do it after warming up the engine

You mean this article:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Have read it. Never try it cause never have a new car :(

Type R Positive
31-07-2008, 05:41 PM
You mean this article:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Have read it. Never try it cause never have a new car :(
Hahaha, I posted that link LOL!
It is for dirtbikes, but engines are the same. The more you 'abuse' them, the more they reward you in power. ;)

Type R Positive
31-07-2008, 05:44 PM
1000km service for CU2 is just a 'free check up' to make sure everything is as it should. They don't replace anything. Both my Toyota's (Prado TD, and Corolla) were the same last year.

Type R Positive
31-07-2008, 05:53 PM
might be cause the engine works more efficiently.It is because of the oil they use for break in.

considering you drive like a granny and your not meant to be thrashing your car the 1st 5xxx kms, to reduce expenses. Reduce expenses? :zip:

tritty
31-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Most manufacturers are moving away from the standard 1000km first service. And those that do simply use it as a marketing exercise to introduce you to the service department.
IMO it's still worth dumping the oil and changing the filter, there can sometimes be metal filing residue left over from machining.

PNR888
01-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Honda started to move away from 1000km oil change. My wife's 08 built CR-V didn't have oil change at 1000km. As we all know CR-V has the same engine as CL-9. (but off course with less output). so Honda must have put in different oil now.

Eurotony
03-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Just had the 1st service on my new Euro Luxury Nav & no, the oil was not changed. I will however be changing the oil myself this week over to Mobil1 10w-30 full synthetic oil, as I did on my previous Euro.