PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for FD

nxn75u
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
hey guys, i just wanna know which Insurance company is recommended for comprehensive car insurance for my civic fd... i have accessories like rims and suspension attached to it. Like cheap and reliable ones?

Or is the insurance not neccessary?

thx a lot guys!

.k.
01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I've paid deposit on mine, waiting for it to come to the dealer now. I think insurance depends on how old you are, and if you've been in any accidents before? Be sure to ring around as the price will vary a lot between the different companies :)

All the best and plz pm me back what quotes you get as im gonna start looking soon and i wanna compare

danjoy25
01-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Mine is AAMI $1067 insured for $27K 60% no claim bonus. Price includes alloys, tint and fog lights.

Omie
01-08-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm with NRMA.. $400 and im only 20 however i have a 2k excess if i'm the cause of the accident..

sydfd
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm with Just Car Insurance I'm 24 my premium is $880 and a excess of $1700 if i have a accident and Iam at fault.

Zdster
01-08-2008, 01:04 PM

If you believe this you should not own a car :zip:

dc2dc2dc2
01-08-2008, 01:24 PM
hey guys, i just wanna know which Insurance company is recommended for comprehensive car insurance for my civic fd... i have accessories like rims and suspension attached to it. Like cheap and reliable ones?

thx a lot guys!

i agree if u can afford a new fd
then u can afford insurance
only idiots drive around with no insurance
all i have to say is
get off ur ass
and do some online quotes
or ring around for quotes
everyone will be different depending on history/location etc.
shop around and see who offers you the best price
best of luck

sassy_fit_vtit
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Insurance is a not compulsory but is advisable to have because even if you are a good driver your stuck in a rut when someone steals your car or does a hit and run...

I'd advise you to call up yourself to get quote because there are a number of factors which will effect the insurance premiums. Remember that you get what you pay for so ask alot of questions particularly around excesses around accessories and modifications because some companies don't disclose that info to you at a quote stage.

http://www.cannex.com.au/car-insurance/ Cannex will give you a guild to which companies and value for money but remember just because its cheap doesn't mean its best. Through working in insurance i find that alot of policies are lacking in coverage. READ THEIR PDS.

Good questions to ask would be
-if they cover for hail damage, storm, malicious damage.
-do they cover cost for emergency repairs & accommodation
-do they cover clean up & emergency services cost in the event of an accident
-do they cover towing
-what are their claims procedures
-if you make a claim how does it effect you in the future e.g. if you get in an at-fault accident does your NCD go down by 1 or 2 ratings and under what scenarios . Some companies will bring your NCD down by 2 ratings if you have a theft/malicious damage or single vehicle moving claim. And if your on a Rating 1 for life will it effect your premium the following year or your excess
-ASK IF IT IS A DISCOUNTED PREMIUM, they might lure you in the first year with a discount and jack it up the next year by more then the norm (inflation).
-Ask if they offer guarantees with repairs and if you have a choice of repairers.

If you still aren't convinced go to your local panel beater and ask them what the best company they have dealt with.

aaronng
01-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Most people will feel that comprehensive insurance is not necessary, until the day comes when they need it. By then it is too late.

igor
01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I am in Sydney West paying $1200 with $1100 excess on value of $23,500.

FD2R
01-08-2008, 02:54 PM
mine is AAMI, $104/mth, 300 standard excess plus $350 under 25.
i think there are many factors affect the premium, like age, where you park, mod to your car.
i recommand you shop around, coz price is vary between the different companies too.

howy
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
As FD2R said there are many factors that affect the cost of insurance.

The main factors are:

-Driving Experience / Accident History / Driving Offenses
-Your location (suburb you live in) and whether you park it on the street or in a garage

I'm with NRMA and to give you an idea, it's 1800 for both me and my brother (23 and 21). Excess is $450 and it's an agreed value of $27600.

If it was just myself, I think it would've cost me around $1100 for the same coverage.

In regards to your modifications question, if your mods aren't illegal then it wouldn't affect the price that much. I've got my alloys, cf spoiler, rear parking sensors all covered without affecting the price.

Best if you do some online quotes to give you a rough idea.

Also, if you get CTP and Comprehensive insurance from the same company (E.g. NRMA), they usually offer multi-policy discounts :)

sassy_fit_vtit
01-08-2008, 04:09 PM
...In regards to your modifications question, if your mods aren't illegal then it wouldn't affect the price that much. I've got my alloys, cf spoiler, rear parking sensors all covered without affecting the price.

^if your mods aren't legal then they ain't covered and can void your insurance. Most accessories are fine but when your talking about mags, kit, sound, electrics, suspension, structural and engine/exhaust mods they generally affect the excess on the policy. Bare in mind that if you do have extras on your car then you would opt or ask for a higher agreed value thus increasing your premium.

Premium impactors include what was mentioned above plus the actual car itself, there are price differences even down to auto & manual. And when shopping around make sure the standard excess is the same.

nxn75u
02-08-2008, 02:10 AM
wow i gt a quote from just car insurance which cost me ard 2000.... then teh rest is way above that price ranging from 2200 to 2500.... i think coz im only 20... argh.... should shop around for more....

thx guys for the info!

rk 86 wa
03-08-2008, 04:04 AM
i am 22.

current insured mods: body kit, coilover, intake, alarm, rims

full comp 400$ :)

bodaas
03-08-2008, 08:33 AM
400 dollar, which insurance company is that??

nxn75u
03-08-2008, 10:59 AM
i am 22.

current insured mods: body kit, coilover, intake, alarm, rims

full comp 400$ :)

wow thats cheap! which insurance is that?

LD_Mart
03-08-2008, 11:20 AM
a fake one

bodaas
03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
i remember i joined one insurance co. call "aim" insurance

i made 3 claims, they never paid

they use to have parammatta office, now they move to queensland

rk 86 wa
03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
a fake one hey?

try sgio

btw for perth

bodaas
03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
i reckon, better pick insurance company that everyone know

otherwise its very risky, unless you know the company background very well

rk 86 wa
04-08-2008, 12:35 AM
yeah sgio is one of western australia's largest insurance companies

i was merely rolling my eyes at what ld mart said

LD_Mart
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
yeh but as boodas said before he paid all his insurance but then tried to claim and they never paid.
400 bucks is nothing for full comp. how do they make money.
Also just filled out my dads details on that website for a qoute.
He has had over 30 years of driving experience and never had an accident.
he still got 788 bucks so how did u get 400

sassy_fit_vtit
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
have any of you guys taken that up with the insurance ombudsman?

nxn75u
07-08-2008, 01:20 PM
have any of you guys taken that up with the insurance ombudsman?

erm.. haven heard of that before? is it in NSW?

sassy_fit_vtit
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Insurance Ombudsman is an independent organization which resolves disputes between the insurance provider and consumer and its a free service.

http://www.insuranceombudsman.com.au or 1300 78 08 08